Real concern with the suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stuff&Things, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Derrick New Member

Doing this will probably flag your acct as CREDIT CARD FRAUD by DB.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, it's not a charge back. It would be the same as losing the card/getting a new card, or having the expiration date change, and not updating things on EQ's end.

Charge backs are getting a service, and then trying to not pay for it. This would be not getting the service at all.
  3. Horyuken Augur

Reversing charges will get you a lifetime ban.
    Sheex likes this.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

THIS
  5. WAFLOL Journeyman

Just report the card lost or stolen, problem solved!
  6. Derrick New Member

he/she probably is having a active monthly subscription and just nice it fall with these few days.
    with acct suspended from 7 - 21 days, He/she cannot log in to stop the transaction from going through.
    If it already gone through and ask the bank to revised it, his acct is perma ban for good.
    if it haven't, he cannot log into cancel the auto subscription which he/she will not be able to use his acct for the next 7-21 days.

We already facing issue with buying this stupid RoS expansion which flag our acct as credit card fraud and took a wk to get it resolved.
    This is how unscrupulous thing have been going here.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If your worried about charges then just file a petition from a new account referencing the banned account and how much you were charged and how long you could not play. Even if its a week $15/month/30 days = 50 cents a day x 7 days suspension = 3.50 people have gotten the time added back on to their account in the past.

ANY action that stops the payment to DBG falls under the "chargeback" category and as such the ban would be longer than the week or so you got now. DBG is about fraud and thinks anything interfering with or altering payment collection is fraud. Unless they are the ones doing it.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm guessing that the management at Daybreak just didn't realize this kind of thing. Now, if they actually get word of this, they should be reviewing and fixing the fact that you can't stop an auto-renewal if you are suspended.

In fact, they should really look at why a suspension locks you out of your account, rather than just the ability to play the games. That is what really needs to be fixed.
    Zhaunil_AB and Gialana like this.
  9. Huna Journeyman

Its been brought up a few times.
  10. Zinth Augur

aaw someone got nailed with hands in the cookie jar and now cries about being busted... don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

it was reported as a bug, abusing it while being knowledged about it = guilty as charged... bye bye
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

While there are plenty of people being unreasonable on the forums over the suspension, the issue of being able to access and manage an account while suspended should definitely be fixed ASAP.
  12. Bamboompow Augur

That's not the point. This player is owning their mistake, but should also have the option to not pay for something that can't be used. Otherwise, it's a fine as well as a suspension. Basically its taking the money and then refusing to provide the service. Those suspended should have the option to not pay their subs during their suspension.

It's looking like the option to have your CC issuer deny the charge is the best route or lock your card for a month. Tell them your are taking a vacation etc. Whatever works.
  13. Nightops Augur

Hum... you've made dozens of posts on this ban already. I'm willing to place another bet you constantly troll these boards and knew this bug was in game to be exploited.

Who is your main (or was if your cancelling)?
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm on these boards all the time, even when I take my breaks from EQ, and I didn't know about it. Can you point to any threads (from before a few days ago) which talked about it?

The only thing I ever remember reading was when HAs became a thing, and people were trying to complete hunter achievements. They'd play the HA, and then drop it if the named didn't spawn. HA uncompleted, so no lockout, and try again. But, no reward either, so no exploit. But I never remember it being mentioned in relation to regular group missions.
  15. Derrick New Member

Basically all these can be summarised as follow.

A shop owner purposely place a stack of cash on the table tempting any bypasser to take it.
    Having recorded everything and everyone that so call steal his cash, he have them all arrested.
    And not just that he asking them to pay him interest for the inconvenience they have caused him.

And in this case, DB knowingly that there is this flaw in their design of the game and purposely look the other way until more and more people knew about it and exploited it.
    Then they suspended every one that are involved and also some innocent bylooker who just happen to be there too.
    And withholding them to have their subscription from being cancel.

So WHO is at fault here?
    I say BOTH are equally at fault.
  16. oldandnasty Augur

Highly doubtful, but you maybe right. If people are quitting like they claim it shouldn't matter.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Shutting off a card wouldn't count as CC fraud. Cards get shut off all the time for legitimate reasons. Charging back, or refusing a charge, will count and will get the account banned.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Call the CC company and have them issue you a new card with a new #. They’ll disable the existing one, xfer the balance and you’ll have a new card in 24-48 hours. When the auto renew tries to charge the old card it’ll decline normally without a chargeback, and you’re all set.

Then again if you’re drama rage quitting, who cares what happens to your account? Save yourself some time and just dispute the charge and eat the ban.
    svann likes this.
  19. Vanrau Augur

This. I read these boards several times a day including all the bug threads in the bug forums. I have never seen this discussed. Is there a ticket on dgcissuetracker about this?
  20. Axxius Augur

Your membership will auto-renew in the next N days? What a coincidence.

Same as Roxxly explained for the case of 'wrong suspension', contact DBG CS about it from your temporary account that you are posting here from. I'm sure they will help you prevent auto-renewing your membership.
    feeltheburn likes this.