Real concern with the suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stuff&Things, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Stuff&Things New Member

Did something DB considered an exploit and got suspended, I can live with this.

What bothers me is I am now unable to log into the portion of my account that controls my membership. My membership will renew before the suspension is up. I do not wish to continue my membership, the suspension is a part of that, but I was already on the fence, I digress the reason doesn't matter, what matters is I now have no direct control of my payments without jumping through hoops, and support will probably be swamped and may not get to me before the bill cycle.

Not being able to play is fine, it's a game. Not having control over whether or not I am billed is not.
    Tronda, Kaenneth, Scornfire and 2 others like this.
  2. clohie1234 New Member

I second this,

I did get suspended for using this with 4 of my accounts (not this one, as I wouldn't risk my main once I realized how many people were doing it), I did it for about 3 hours and got bored. This "exploit" that's been around for 3+ years, and 95% of the population in EQ has used it on some account, also not the point...

I would not like to renew as well due to 21 days of not being able to use the account, will at a minimum will be me not paying for the next month on all suspended accounts, I can use that $60 bucks elsewhere..

Please fix your suspension page access, to not effect payment membership changes, tracking 4 support tickets to change something I should have access to is no bueno.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

see, now this is a completely valid complaint..... tbh it kind of surprises me that you're saying you can't log into your account on the webpage (I assume that's what you're saying) to manage your account info.
    Kaenneth and kizant like this.
  4. WAFLOL Journeyman

Yea, valid..valid lawsuit waiting to happen.
  5. Intenso Augur

ive had accounts banned and can still lock in and view status?
  6. WAFLOL Journeyman

26.2. Termination. Your only remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with any Daybreak Game(s) is to terminate your account. You may terminate any Daybreak Game subscription at any time, however, any subscription time already purchased will remain on your account until the end of your then-current billing cycle and will be nonrefundable.

Seems to me there's a flaw in the wording. Suspended accounts can't log into their accounts web page apparently. Thus them stealing your money with an auto renew. Way to hustle DB!
  7. clohie1234 New Member

I don't know about that. Maybe a class action for a months return and possibly the expansion if you purchased it on release date, as the EULA would not hold up in court, since nobody really did anything to exploit the game in the sense of DBG proving in court people actually did something to modify the game, dropping a task is allowed, and intended. The fact loot drops still, is bad coding design, and has nothing to do with what the player actually did to "exploit" a game.

However, this is about access to the membership access for suspended accounts, lawsuits over a 21 day suspension is a little extreme. People are petty enough though, considering they stuck with a game that's been around 20 years lol.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I am curious to know what exploit I have been utilizing without realizing it unless I fall in the 5% that does not know about it. I know posting exploits is a violation of the forums but it would be nice if the devs know of an exploit that they either fix it or come out and state in writing that if you are caught doing such an exploit there will be a form of punishment. For all I know I could be doing something against the rules and not even knowing it assuming I fall into the 95% crowd.
  9. Stuff&Things New Member

@Mehdisin Mahn when I attempt to log in to my account on the website it just gives a message that says I am suspended. I have had to log into another account and put a ticket in. I would just like to put this game behind me at this point, was fun while it lasted, but not having control over my accounts membership/billing has put a very bad taste and I will not support a company that has it this way. Badly designed system.
  10. WAFLOL Journeyman

Extreme yes, hypothetically possible; definitely. I would never go to those great lengths. But the fact remains, blocking access to someones "online" account, essentially denying their right as a consumer in America. Then charging the account..That's theft.
    Tronda and Kaenneth like this.
  11. Sarahenity New Member

Sad thing is using auto renew, i never let any company auto take anything from me, i always purchase and cancel same day.
  12. clohie1234 New Member

It reminds me of this mission, this one time where everyone.... ah never mind.
  13. cailien New Member

5.5. Memberships. Some Daybreak Games offer membership levels for purchase that provide access to additional content, functionality and features. Some membership levels may require the purchase of a subscription. Subscriptions may be acquired by redeeming a Game Card, by redeeming a “Krono” (only available in some Daybreak Games), or by purchasing a recurring subscription. More information about Krono can be found at https://www.everquest2.com/krono). Recurring subscriptions will automatically renew for the same amount of time as the initial subscription period, and will be automatically charged to the payment method on your account unless you terminate the auto-renewal before the next renewal date. You can stop the automatic renewal of your subscription at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the membership page.

Unless your account is suspended says nothing about this in EULA. CSR you are on notice, EULA says I can't sue you over virtual currency does not say I can't report you for theft and I will if you charge my card while my account is suspended. That is not a charge back.
  14. Rorietoo New Member

It is actually against the FTC to not be able to access an account to stop any auto renewals....
  15. High Voltage Augur

I really hope you all do a chargeback on every account you own! Let's speak with $$$!!! Do it!
  16. Rorietoo New Member

chargebacks on something you've already used will get you a perma ban, don't...
  17. clohie1234 New Member

Bump. This should stay at the top of the forums. Not being able to access my account to cancel auto subscriptions is wrong.

I'm not on board with the charge back stuff - since this probably won't be resolved, call your CC and tell them you've lost your card - they'll change the numbers and it avoids the auto renewal without any charge back.
  18. fransisco Augur

you'll all come back anyways, you always do
    Kaenneth, Xanadas and oldandnasty like this.
  19. WAFLOL Journeyman

I'll come back with Kronos from Agnarr, thats how I will show my displeasure for this ridiculous punishment. Play the game for free, they will not get my money =)
    fransisco likes this.
  20. oldandnasty Augur

You should be able to call your CC company and explain the situation. They can block the renewal from their end.