Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vdidar Augur

That should have said isn’t
    Galien likes this.
  2. Dwimmerlaike Elder

This change is absurd and not needed. WHY?
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm not encouraged by anything I'm seeing here. I used to run Marla 1 & 2 solo at 105 without too much risk, but most HAs were too hard to run solo (with merc) as a Monk. I just can't tank more than one at a time unless they are lower blues. The yellow trees in #2 hit hard enough to make it a real challenge, but still doable. I've upgraded my gear a bit and got a bunch of AAs since the last time I tried one. Will have to do them again at 108 to see how they go.

If I can't solo these two missions anymore then that is a real problem. Taking a little longer is ok, being too hard to kill a single pull is not ok. These are both missions where you can fight everything one mob at a time, which is the only reason I even have a chance of completing them on my own. I've actually been working on CoTF and TDS progression when i can, TBM has always been too hard. All 3 of those just got a lot harder, which was probably too much of a change.

I've actually only run Gribbles once (all 3 of them), and that was recently. I ran it at 107, grouped with a 110 monk. It seemed easy enough, but the yellow mobs hit me fairly hard when I did get their attention. The 110 monk tore through them pretty easily, but he's also raid geared. I'm in EoK group gear. Mobs in CoTF HA's should not be overwhelming in EoK group gear. I guess I'll try to run a Gribble solo also to see how that goes. I don't expect every HA to be able to be soloed, but the ones known as the easiest should be, or at least be close, even if it takes a while to do so.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Monkinaround New Member

After being gone many years I returned to EQ last August. Was only going into old zones killing trivial raid bosses for nostalgia. Then I was invited on a gribbles mission and realized there was a feasible way I could reach current content. My time during the week is limited but formed a group of friends I meet every day after work to run a DH trio in our limited time. We work on progression and current content on weekends. When I signed on yesterday my friend angrily /tell me that they are too hard now and we aren’t doing them anymore and he signed off. I then tried to 3 box it on my own and found it too difficult since I don’t have an actual tank.

I actually enjoy being addicted to this game. I love a good hit of Evercrack. I had longed for the addiction and had finally found it again. But now its like my dealer got busted. I had one gold account with RoS and 2 box accounts. I had planned on buying RoS for the other 2 and subbing them but after the change I’m dropping my one gold account and wish I could get refunded for RoS.

I sincerely tnank you Day Break. As much as I enjoyed the addiction I have been spending way too much time on the game and gotten out of shape. Putting the laptop away and digging out all my exercise equipment. I’m so glad I got to experience EQ addiction again like the classic days, but I’m also glad its over.

In all seriousness though, what am I supposed to do? I don’t have time to find groups during the week and without gribble I’m unaware of anyway to meaningfully make progress with a shorter (less then 2 hours) playtime. It’s not worth a subscription (or multiple) to just play on weekends because there is absolutely no reason to sign on during the week.

Time to return to real life, my view of classic EQ is back to my current view of EQ, not worth it for casual players.

Peace out Norrath.
  5. Dwimmerlaike Elder

I hate Gribble. I bailed on one of today's dailies, it was too stupid. Don't get me started on the one I bailed yesterday. I don't want to look at the exact same 5 mobs over and over again ad - nauseum. HA's give the ability to play and earn and feel like you accomplished something. This totally took that out from under us.
  6. Dwimmerlaike Elder

As for Risk vs. Reward wtf is the reward for the HA's? It isn't Jack-Squat as this guy would say.
    Well Matt Foley, so whatever.
  7. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Consider it 3 less accounts for a vibrant and popular game. I am sure I am not the only one.
    Galien likes this.
  8. Goneamuk Journeyman

If a mission is to scale, the risk goes up therefor the reward must go up. Missions don't drop lvl 100 gear when done by lvl 75s, but it still drops lvl 100 gear if done by 110.
    svann, Dwimmerlaike and Galien like this.
  9. Kacman Augur

It is sad that we are not getting a single dev reply in this or the other hottest thread, in the past 24 hrs.

But we all know that Ngreth and Prathun, at the very least, are reading the forums and both have posted several comments in other threads, since the, screw all your customers, patch yesterday
    Dwimmerlaike and Galien like this.
  10. alanon Lorekeeper

When RoS came out I was excited to get to 110 and be able to go back and do older content. I didn't expect it to be easy but just a little more manageable so I could actually complete it. I have a full time job and a family so I have very limited play time which makes boxing the only way i can really do any content. Gribbles gave me my EQ fix and kept me paying for 4 gold accounts because I could do a couple of them before work. At 109 I'm getting 3% reg xp with lotd running, I don't really think that is sweet xp since there is a lock out and you can't just do them over and over back to back quickly. What really bothers me is getting to 110 was pointless for me. The older content is now going to be the same as before I bought RoS or harder with crap loot for the effort. If I'm killing RoS level mobs I want a chance to get RoS ore, lumber, diamonds, etc. What this all boils down to is that I'm not all that excited about EQ now. Guess I'll hang and see what happens
  11. Galien Journeyman

Looked with my 106 (just now) retired Rouge.
    What happened is there are NO Campfires at Gribble, for the first time in 2-3 years!

Somebody at DB should do something fast!

P.S. Been an EQ addict since 1999 - My Forum title of "New Member" is not quite true.
  12. Vexana_Lanys Lorekeeper

Basically what I was doing. Do a gribble or random daily HA, pop lesson at the end for that wuwu 3% and then go work on checkboxes for progression/catch up stuff. Tried a Gribble right after patch and quit after halfway. I was irritated it was taking longer. Irritated my healer merc seemed to have less mana and was blowing through what he had much faster. Irritated things were hitting that much harder than the day before.

I want to go back and finish out the CoTF HAs. I was mid working on the Neriak ones. Part of catching up and all that jazz. Now.. meh.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

this entire thread could be summed up with the phrase ..

Poor me.. Poor me.. I want every stuff easy as i can get it..

This ha fix and the elimination of DH ha.. Are 2 of thee best moves EQ has done in recent memory.. Good job pls keep up the good work DBG!!!
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Man, EQ is no longer for casuals. RoS difficulty now spread throughout all HA's is risky. I hope you know what you're doing DBG. I like it, but man you're risking a lot of income here...
  15. oldandnasty Augur

Ha, I hope they succeed in driving away all the casuals so Elitists can have the game all to themselves. Will be interesting to see how long will EQ last?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Gerbert New Member

2 of the best moves EQ has made in recent memory yet the player base, whom make EQ what it is, are up in arms about the change. Solid logic.

Out of curiosity (as I see no positive that has come from the HA change) what about the change do you think will have a positive impact for players? I always like to understand opposite opinions when something like this happens. Thanks!
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Galien like this.
  17. flash000 Augur

Just a idea that might give back what the players want and also give DBG the ability to push people into new content.

Retune the HA missions back to how they were pre patch but put a reverse exp zem mod like you have on the fellowship shared exp window. have this exp zem go up to cut down the exp you get from doing repeats of DH HA for players over 105 and take 24 to 48 hours to bleed down to get the full experience again?

What this does is still let players group and get exp with players above 105 it reduces the exp for people above 105 significantly after doing one set of DH HA or any HA...

This still lets you get the normal exp you use to on one set every 24-to 48 hours.

The Exp zem mod code already exists just invert it to be used to work on dh ha?
  18. Monkman Augur

How about 0 xp or very close to that. For all these people that claim they're going after old achievements and hero aa's would this solve the problem? post 105, all cotf ha's give 0 xp upon completion. TDS gives 25% of original, TBM 50% Eok 75%. Almost like a /con system for older expansions. No reason people should be glued to 4 expansion old experience.
    Kendamore_Luclin likes this.
  19. Kacman Augur

i posted the following in another thread but it applies to your suggestion too.

An easier fix would be to revert the changes and cap the scaling to the level of thw expansion the HA was current in.

DH, and all CotF, HAs would be light blue con mobs (like the same static zone of the HA) and therefore would offer diminishing XP (like the same static zone of the HA) as you level past rhe expansion cap.

Why are people trying to change the way EQ naturally solves this problem by rethinking the method that has worked for 19 yeara and 23 expansions?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jumbur like this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If the mobs acts as lightblue cons(difficulty-wise), then it is only fair the give xp as light-blues too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.