Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enclee Augur

I don’t want my content to scale to my level, it’s old content and I want to be able to over level it to accomplish something in a short play window 1-2 hours.
  2. draginn Elder

Lot of returning players and bots you want level and power up shouldn't have go through BS mobs that powered up in old content.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Just did

Dead Hills : Disrupting the Ritual.

Grp make up.
    Warrior - Lvl 105 , 12,367 AA all EoK T1 or T2 gear. No augs in any slots. (not all mitigation aa's are done)
    Merc Cleric - 105, 12 Merc AA's in general improved mana.

Alt Wizard - 110, 13,250 aa , all EoK T2 geared. No Rk. III's. (no augs any slots)
    Merc Wizard - 110, 250 AA spent in general tab of merc aa tab.

Alt Druid - 110, 25,171 aa , EoK T1 grp gear (no augs any slots)
    Merc Wizard - 110, Max AA. (up to EoK expansion, nothing past)

Start time. 6:00 central, End time 6:32 central.

30aa gained 30 min .. every mob in the HA was yellow / red .. an every pull came in doubles at times triples ..

Yes the mobs hit harder then before .. Yes .. the time to do each individual encounter (read HA) takes way longer .. all in all with alts not 1 raid item among them .. not even augs on any 1 of them .. in any single slot .. in EoK gear ..

Dead Hills HA is still trivial..
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. MasterBlaster New Member

not everyone wants to have to 3+ box to play, you didnt used to have to, to enjoy the game for an hour or so casually
    Gyurika Godofwar and Whulfgar like this.
  5. enclee Augur

Try being RoF geared and trying to do the next expansion of content progression, CotF.

Where’s my gear path?

I overleveled the content to gain character power. Now, I’m stuck the game did a complete change of concept on me.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

3 box is the lowest common value of players that enables via mercs, for anyone to have a full grp. And is the exact target number of players (even mercs mind you) that the Dev's toned those HA's for in the first place..

I go out due to all the everyone crying foul over this .. run it to see for myself just how bad it really is .. and low an behold its a literal joke .. literally 30-33 minutes to down it on a 3 box crew of a warrior, wizard an druid with 3 mercs .. not 1 raid item / aug on any of the toons .. (and I know for a fact you guys treat your casual mains better then I treat my casual alts)

Devs .. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING .. all the doom an gloom of this thread an another I've been watching is for nothing .. they are just upset they can no longer do ALL HAs in 30 min combined .. rather then doing 1 HA in 30 minutes combined ..
  7. Zamiam Augur

Just curious .. did/were you able to kill the named that spawned if any in DH ? and its nice to have 2 lvl 110 toons that have EoK T2 gear'd peeps .. try doing same mission with lvl 105's with CoTF or TDS group gear .. ?? and named are like RoS named which is insane for trying to get progression done..

as i stated before my Necro can solo them at 105 still , however its more challenging and if i was trying to get progression done (which I am) I cannot kill the named that occasionally spawn in the instances ..
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I absolutely was able to tank the named plus the other mob which spawns across from the named at the same time in EoK T2 grp gear (no augs, not 1 raid item) easily. Both at the same time..

Again .. These HA's are toned for 3 characters / 3 mercs .. I've just proven for a matter of fact, a LESS then casual 3 toon setup are MORE then capable of doing the HA's .. granted not all of them done in 30 minutes .. but doin 1 in thirty minutes is not broken by any means what so ever ..

My honest opinion all this doom / gloom is over reaction of people (prolly same indiviudal on multiple accounts no less) who want EQ dumbed down back to the point of insanity .. (again)

If the dev's listen to 1 thing .. listen to my words here / now in this post at this point in the post ..

Dev's the HA's are not broken. They are in fact doable for the target casual player base / 3 player + 3 merc set up .. you guys have directed it at. /hats off to you. Job well done. Keep up the good work.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Zamiam

By the way I got 1 of the rare backpack's to drop off that very named you asked me about..
  10. enclee Augur

Are you going to try CotF content in RoF gear or not?
  11. Whulfgar Augur

no need. Why not just go back to VoA gear .. for CoTF content ? I mean come on. If you are not going to play EQ going from expansion to expansion as per a linear progression why are you tryna post then ?

Thats the literal correct way to "casually" go threw EQ old content.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

If you are in RoF gear, and have ZERO friends to help you gear out in better gear .. THATS .. on you.

If you refuse to upgrade RoF .. that likewise is all on you ..

If you refuse to run content as it was released (linear style expansion to expansion) that .. is on you..

It is not the fault of the Dev's if you do any of the above ..
  13. enclee Augur

Linear progression is RoF to CotF. Thanks for agreeing, I’m playing the game the right way.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

And the other points that I brought up please address them as well ?
  15. enclee Augur

How am I refusing to upgrade I just completed RoF, it signed me to 107 and now I’m trying to get better Gear from the next expansion.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

And you can not take named out in static zones ? Farm gear ? Is this what your telling me ?

in rof gear .. your not able to kill CoTF named in static zones for armor drops ? ?
  17. Millianna Augur

Ignore his narrow mind. You have every right to consume the content at your own pace.
  18. Aurastrider Augur

You literally picked the easiest HA in game as your sample? How about going to TBM and reporting back or going to a more difficult mission in DH. Even still 30 mins for something that should take 10 mins is triple the time you should have spent. 3x the amount of time spent doing old content is ridiculous. Also when you say you have no augs in that gear I assume you literally mean no augs. No type 5 or 9 augs not just type 3 or 7.

I am not sure if you are familiar with the scientific method or not but one person doing one HA would fail by all measures in the world of science and since that method and mind set is pretty much the same process that any logical person in life should follow I am going to assume you are anything but logical in game or in life.

In conclusion you have formed an opinion, you are going to do your "research" in a manner that you feel will give you the results you desire instead of investigating multiple angles even those that could potentially prove your own conclusion wrong. In your own mind you had already come to an outcome before you had done your little experiment. In short nobody is buying what you are selling but nice try.
  19. enclee Augur

Thank you, I didn’t realize asking to maintain the game’s philosophy was so inflammatory. For 19 years, EQ has told players if you cant play in new content that’s fine just go enjoy the older content.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Yes, ignore the fact that you can kill named in static zones, for your Cotf armors .. to upgrade your RoF gear ..

Then claim HA's are too hard to farm gear in ..

Logic !! woot woot! !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.