Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Probably nothing, because this seems to be affecting those that hit 106+.
  2. Gana Augur

Fippy (though, technically, it is a no longer progressing server at TDS) is already there. And if you hit a HA with a 105, you get some pretty strong opponents...which are (I imagine) stronger than intended.
  3. Mediik Augur

Someone on page twenty something mentioned having the option of loading the missions at base levels. I think that would be wonderful.

I just want to go back and kill the missions my slacka** couldn’t before without having to bug my baller raid geared friends . Making them trudge once again through 4 year old content is painful.
    Zhaunil_AB and Gana like this.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

Urgent note to other members of Majestic XXIX:
    They are onto us.
    Execute Exodus protocol.
  5. Daedly Augur

I cancelled all 29 of my platinum top secret access box accounts. Including canceling my preorders of the next expansion Vellious: Duece, on all 29 accounts...

J/K, I only have 28 accounts.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. GoneFission Augur

Velious II: Escape from Norrath.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Galien Journeyman

For some unknown reason I am listed as "New Member" - been to this game and Forum since 1999...

On 3 Gold accounts on Tunare I had:

Darebow: 110 Ranger (EoK T2 geared - Some RoS Augs)
    Gallina: 110 Enchanter (EoK T1 geared)
    Galtoo: 110 Druid (EoK T1 geared)
    Blacktone: 107 Bard
    Zaabonk: 107 ShadowKnight
    Bonecharm : 106 Necro
    Falkemia: 106 Shaman
    Sneekeasy: 105 Rouge
    (Very, very many 85+ upcoming on these 3 Gold Plus 3 Silver Accounts)

Progression on ALL has come to a complete STOP, same as my recurring subscription.

Did this take 1/29 of your curiousity away?
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Actually I went off my meds at the devastation of this patch. My multiple personality disorder is at a new extreme and has caused me to post everything in this thread. I think you are actually one of my personalities but I can't be sure. All I know is I have gotten really good at arguing with myself on here.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

How is your day, Whulfgar?

Since you seem to fully support the changes, you won't mind lending a hand to those affected by the change.

What do you say, can you help me with TBM progression if you're not busy?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

and this is not true.. I have posted parses the indicate otherwise. any mob level 102+ or 103+ is impacted by this change.

The reason is that when scaling the mobs would of had to been scaled by level in order to make game wide change in the instance builder.

The instance creator probably has 2 formulas conceptually. . one for the base tuning and one specific to the instance. these are then use to create the instance. This why some ha's have an increase in min levels as the scaled down version of an instance would just be too much for a level 85 (in the case of a level 90 min)

levels around 99 or higher as many ha's have 103 + mobs in them especially in TBM.

at 101 I know I was seeing 106-107 mobs on some instances because they were casting the ros spells for those levels.

I also don't think that the Gribbles mission were even a concern. The concern would be that a level 110 with ROS group gear could turn multiple ha's into new Gribbles.
    Off the top of my head. Marlas 3 ha's and quite a few bixie warfront missions are chock full of blue cons.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Interesting, I missed that then. Thanks for the correction.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

per an earlier discussion
    Methods of Sarnak Destruction to get the Dragon essence AA according to a website.
    Pre Req:
    - Achievement: Partisan of Lceanium (Concerned Citizens, Contacting the Leadership, Disappearing Dragons, Sneaky Sarnak)
    - Achievement: Partisan of The Scorched Woods (Digging Yourself Deeper, The Last Grove, Where is Burning Woods?, On Nobody's Side)
    - Achievement: Partisan of Frontier Mountains (Pentalateral Negotiations, Informal Diplomacy, Rocks Boom for Twigslam, Sarnak Among Us)
    - Achievement: Partisan of The Temple of Droga (Corrupt Before the Fall, Purifying the Purifier, Corrupting the Corrupt, Pure Success, Rebellion of the Pure)
    - Achievement: Mercenary of Gates of Kor-Sha (Preparations for Forward Action I, Preparations for Forward Action II, Preparations for Forward Action III)
    - Probing the Fortress, Their Own Medicine, Destabilizing Chardok (from Partisan of Chardok)
    - Investigating the Mysterious Sarnak (from Partisan of Kor-Sha Laboratory)

13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Want to hear something strange? I am able to complete these missions with my friends. It's the TBM missions that destroy us.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Taking the old Group geared not 1 raid item on alt warrior of mine an for posterity .. I am asking everyone who cancelled (yes specifically them) which exact HA's were you unable to run what so ever ?

A Guildy of mine just said he ran an HA (the fate rewards something something) an said it was do able.. just not in the 10-15 minutes he used to run it in .. an his grip is not that its not "broken" its just that it no longer is beatable in what my guildy would call "reasonable" amount of time.

So I am breaking out Redstone .. (grp geared every stuff not 1 raid item on, an not even finished with his Defensive AA's) to see run test on the EXACT .. HA's you all say are "broken" and unable to do at all.

So please tell me which HA's are you guys speaking of exactly please an thank you?
  15. Millianna Augur

The exp distribution from 105 through 110 is obviously broken. Most of the exp required comes from 109 and 110. This nerf wasn’t simply because of exp gained - they could have simply adjusted the lockout timers.
  16. Zamiam Augur

wrong . I just did a gribble mission my necro is 105 doesnt own EOK or RoS (i didnt buy expansion cause of this fiasko) so my Necro could kill the mobs in the task ok ,however the named that spawned at end was a yellow con i was like ok np .. I threw everything i had at him and nothin his hps only got down to like 90% wiped my pet with the floor and almost killed me thank god for FD.. the tasks are harder even at 105 and the named inside those HA's IMPOSSIBLE .. so anyone trying to get some progression done doesnt matter if you own RoS or not or lvl 105 or lower it aint happening
  17. sucubae Lorekeeper

while I do not know how long this will b seen as I am posting the emails from dbg about my cancelled account. but I only had 1 account and if u notice whulfgar while I have not posted on this in a long long time I have been looking at this subject every 3 or 4 days just to remind myself why I am done with this game. and as u can see in the first email they want us to post our feedback here on the forums as u stated about this in an earlier post.

this was in response to my request for a refund.

VioletLight (Daybreak Games)
    Jan 21, 10:10 AM PST
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the recent changes. I'd be more than happy to cancel the membership so it won't recur, but unfortunately, I cannot offer a refund of the remaining membership on the account as it was purchased several months ago and purchases are considered final. What is the refund policy?

If you'd like me to cancel the membership so it won't charge once it's finished, please reply back with the answer to the security question: "What is your pet's name?"

On a side note, if you'd like to share your feedback and concerns with our dev team and the community, you can post on the forums: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php.
    Best Regards,
    Danielle "VioletLight" B.
    Daybreak Games

this was my response to the previous email.
    Sucubae

Jan 23, 1:17 PM PST

I already cancelled the account, and you can check it. I even sent feedback on why I did this. I have already spent $60 on a new WoW subscription so even if there is a rollback to the heroic missions I wont return. I had not had a desire to try WoW before this past weekend but now that I have.......

and her response to this response.
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (50####) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

VioletLight (Daybreak Games)
    Jan 23, 2:26 PM PST
    Yes I do see it's canceled now. We greatly appreciate your feedback, I'll be sure to pass it on to the appropriate people. We're sorry to see you go, but wish you the best!
    Best Regards,
    Danielle "VioletLight" B.
    Daybreak Games

so here is your confirmation that another has left.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Mordeen and Metanis like this.
  18. Lubianx Augur

Try Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls, and try and get the achievements as well. Make sure at least someone in the group is over 106, you use a healer merc and have group DPS classes with you, no raid gear on them either.

I was holding back on doing this as it was too difficult to get the achievements prior with group geared DPS. Was hoping I could down the track with better spells, gear and the like but this one is even more difficult than before. I have done this on other achievements in the past.

Just for note I haven't cancelled and I don't intend to as it hasn't changed the majority of my play. I spend most of it in RoS. In addition I am a 90% group geared pally, (2 TBM raid pieces) I can do most of them as well but try doing any of the achievements now as well and do it with group geared DPS classes.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Zamiam Augur

2/29 solved ?

I have 6 accounts 3 of which are always gold access and the other 3 go in and out when i need AA's .. Luckily all 3 of those gold accounts are coming up by 10th of feb and all 3 of them are on hold not resubbing till this gets fixed .. ive been a loyal citizen of Norrath sense 99 with the occasional break here and there ..

I play on bertox .. originally started on Mith Mar :p My play times vary but usually play late at night early AM PST.. if anyone wants to group and do older progression feel free to send me a ingame email im usually on 3 of my six accounts. Mage nevasha is prolly the best toon to ingame email at.

105 Bst Zamunda
    106 mage - Nevasha
    105 Necro - Soya
    102 Pally - Layya
    96 Druid - Amberoak
    87 Ench - ohmy
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Lubianx, I am now in game on bristlebane .. doing exactly as you bid me do .. I'll hit you up soon as its done or I wipe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.