Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayragon New Member

Where are all the HA's that are fun to do with a less than ideal group? RoS HA's require the perfect group (mostly) and kill 1 named. Boring, no thanks. Where are the quest HA missions? Collect this, kill 20 of that, find an alter, explore the zone......rare chance for named, little side currency, those are fun.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Not saying I personally am going to quit but this could be a deal breaker for some. Personally where I am at with progression in this game and things to do this change will just force me from 5 all access accounts to 1 is all. I will sub my other 4 periodically throughout the year when I get tired of doing old progression and want to grind. I already canceled 2 reoccurring memberships which expire this month and my other 3 expire this month also. Forcing someone into content they are not ready to move into is not for me. Plus the entire oversight of people who still need to do progression tied to HA's in older content but could not do it for what ever reason when it was current so they gained level, AA's, gear and so forth so they could actually complete it. Now with these changes they are back at square one being no further ahead than they were before. That is the part that frustrates me the most as this is what I have been working towards for some time. Gain levels, gear, evolve items like artisan's prize and then attempt progression I was having difficulty with. Revamp things and I probably have no better shot completing this stuff than I did when it was released.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Felicite Augur

Wow did I miss out on this! I heard that doing these over and over daily would suck out your soul, so I avoided. Sounds like I would have been max level and giddy if I had only done them.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. Siddar Augur

No you missed one of the ugliest most depressing zone in EQ history.
  5. Vdidar Augur

The only thing that is frustrating to me is that they are making things nearly impossible to box and the vast majority of time playing eq will he spent lfg if you don’t have your own toons. It may not be the same on all servers but eq isn’t the grouper friendly game it once was. Just the way it is.
  6. Kacman Augur

With the moronic way in which HAs were retuned, may i get a refund on my purchase of RoS and rolled back to level 105?

EQ's fun factor has been abolished with these idiotic changes.

I guess i am just out the $63 (2×$35-10%). But i have cancelled both gold memberships because i can no longer play EQ as i choose and the way i have been since the bump to level 105, 3 years ago.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Just do the heroic from Teek and then cast you lesson at the end. If you are still good you can mow through one Gribbles. It is probably not the end the world.
    code-zero and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have done the 3 gribbles a few times but not really "farmed" them(I like variety). My impression was that people just did them because they were easy, but they were not really the most exciting HAs in that expansion imo.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Were they tuned properly this time, so that the namer can be beaten by a sub-100 group?

I wonder how the TBM hate and fear raids scale...:p
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sorry Sancus, your Forum-Quest quotation supremacy has been eclipsed. Quote of 2018 right here, whether 100% sarcasm or 100% srsly.
  11. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

EQ's server populations were increasing across the board. It will be sad if this slows the resurgence of the game and drives people to competitors.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Galien like this.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Actually when it comes to gribbles they have went back or altered changes several times. Initially there was no lockout timer if I recall. Then they made them 6 hour lockouts and people got upset so they reduced them to 3 hour lockouts. Then they moved all the experience to the final hail because people were using them as instant mob spawners for xp. People initially were pissed until they got powerful enough to run all 3 under 1 lesson burn which seemed like a fair trade off. They significantly reduced the xp gained from ROF and older zones for level 100+ toons and then changed the xp back again. Every expansion release they have tried to get people out of COTF and older content for that matter but have later made changes due to an obvious oversight of what these changes mean. Its almost like a tactic to force people to buy the new expansion while punishing those who have bought it but don't have the ability or interest to do it right now.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Galien like this.
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

I hope to Brell it wasn't serious or that dude is in a rut so deep as to achieve total darkness.
    Gyurika Godofwar and gotwar like this.
  14. Sthrncowboy New Member

Welcome to Vangaurd:Saga of heroe's ... a game dedicated to only the hardcore elite and ran into closure by what seems like pretty much the same group of individuals that are now running eq... should be fun to watch .. other then that have to wait to log in and see for myself how much harder it is now.
    not the end of the world ......

yet.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  15. RoguesOwn Lorekeeper

I'm ok that they scaled to 110 but maybe retune the DMG. If its going to be 110 difficulty then the LOOT should also reflect a boost as well. Currently I am just doing COTF and up for my Heroic Warrior and progression for her. I'm doing EOK II HA from Brother Este with trash hitting for 27 to 30k.

Need to retune OLD content for a little more danger but scale up by expansion. COTF 110 HA should MAYBE have mobs that hit for max 20k.
  16. Scorrpio Augur

Interesting. The other day Teek had Marla 1&2 on bonus so I took them. At 108 it was crazy easy. I would grab mobs in sets of 2-3, not even bothering to mez or slow and just burned them. Absolutely trivial and 10% of level each on Teek bonus.

Wonder what they will be now - kinda like how they were at 100-ish?
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Telkiney Elder

I believe this is just effected 106-110.
  18. Kacman Augur

If the Devs want these older HAs to be RoS difficulty, the they should provide RoS rewards of every type.

RoS currency, tradeskill drops, XP, and gear/rewards.
  19. Tour Augur

Good riddance. Their cheese got moved and now they can discover the 4 expansions that came out since.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Goodn Augur

This is not accurate. The Devs themselves seem to have forgotten this.

The whole point of an HA was to scale DOWNWORD from the expect base level of the expansion (100 for CotF, 105 for TBM). This was to get people who had not yet gotten to the end level to purchase the expansion and still have something in it to do. I can guarantee that no Dev tested CotF HAs post 100 or TBM HAs post 105. (There WAS testing in at least CotF for lower level HAs...I assume TBM as well for lower levels.)

(...obviously something special happened with the CotF HAs and the awarding of experience...but that's irrelevant here...)

The Devs then just assumed, hey since we scaled it down, we can just scale these up and not have to produce as much new content for folks. So they put in some simple rules for UPSCALING...without proper testing...because you cannot test for levels that do not exist in the game currently. And they just don't have the people power to check old content during new expansion releases.

At any time the Devs could have said...hmm, we see a lot of folks running Gribble missions for experience instead of all our new content so maybe we should lower the xp at higher levels. But they did not. Instead they chose to increase their UPSCALING factor.

EQ content should sunset. Player power does not increase linearly and especially for all classes. People play the game differently. Letting them overpower the content after some amount of time is GOOD for the game.

People are upset that Gribbles are harder. That's disappointing. When people go back and try to do missions OTHER than Gribble (like the TBM progression, or the Cooper/Baxter lines in DH), then they will be pissed. Because 5 or 10 levels over an expansion, you actually have a tougher time than when it was current. That's wrong and needs to be addressed.

The Devs need to stop worrying about old content, especially since they themselves were the ones who decided to tie expansion progression to HAs. Lessen xp if you must, but stop changing it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.