Raxtor #2: Beat the Blackburrow Boss

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jackofall, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Jackofall Journeyman

I get Clan Chief Vel`tix down to 50% in good order, get the message that all my 3 toons have received the key. But alas no Vel`tix's Key for me. So I can't open the guarded locked door to Gnarl Sawbones Brankt. I have tried four times so far.

I start the quest with my 80 enchanter and my 77 mage and ranger can tag along no problems. I tried to initiae combat with my lvl 80 but no luck.
  2. Jackofall Journeyman

7 days without a response. Epic fail.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

If you look back over the threads, there isn't really any official DBG participation in this support forum except after major outages for things like payments or servers, and even then it's usually just to note that they are back up. On top of that, the quest you are having trouble is 9 years old, so official support is virtually impossible. The only support you are likely to find is whatever your fellow players will volunteer.

On that note, two things to try:
    • Search your inventory for the key...is it possible you did the quest before and can't get another one until you've destroyed the old one? It isn't marked as Lore, but <shrug>...
    • Did you say, "terrible things", to the Clan Chief Vel`tix, after fighting him to 50%?

If so, you could take a screenshot or two and submit a bug to the bug tracker. I wouldn't hold my breathe, but it might be the best you can hope for.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Couple things - make sure you didn't already do this quest. Go to /ach then Hero's Journey then to "conquest" then all the way at the bottom is "timeshear" check and see if about 4-5 down that "beat the blackburrow boss" is checked. Alla lists the quest as level 80+ and you mention a 77 mage and unknown ranger so the level might be throwing it off also. I remember there were odd things in that expansion for the quest lines but can't remember what they were.
  5. zarcal Elder

There is a word you have to say to get the physical key, it scrolls by pretty fast so i always expand my window a little. I just did it on an alt about a month ago
  6. Jackofall Journeyman

I did get it eventually after a GM came back to me. They had to put it in my inventory. One key helped all group members doing the quest. So now my 3-box runs around with J2-mercs.

It helps a lot.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Speaking of J2 did you know when you hit 85 if you are a paid account you can get the J5 mercs thru easy quest in Feerrot? Although from your other posts it looks like you prefer to progress thru the expansions naturally (so to speak) and get the mercs as the expansions allow.