Rashere's remains not spawning in a Tacvi DZ

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by nesta, Oct 18, 2020.

1. nesta New Member

I successfully looted 13 of the 14 remains for their "writings" for the Tome of New Beginnings quest item. When I got to the spot in tacvi, there was not a chest/target to /open. I only need 1 of the 14 writings to finish the quest (i have 13/14 in bags). I submitted a petition and they directed me here.

Thanks
    Mrjon3s, Wyora and Trebla7th like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Its a skeleton, and it uses the backtick instead of apostrophe if you were trying to /tar the whole name.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=18168

Have you read through the comments? What is the source of your loc's?
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=30385
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I got it a couple weeks ago on phinny for a box, used tab key set up to cycle nearest npc, bear in mind that they do not stay up for long if someone has "killed" the object/container.
  4. nesta New Member

I was the first one to the area as the puller for the raid. No chance that someone opened it before me, or it got destroy/opened by mistake and rotted. I've done the pulling for our raids multiple times, this was the first time I didn't see the skeleton chest/target in the corridor (unluckily it was my turn to loot). I tabbed around and cycled nearest target in the hallway (not just at the location expected). Entered other areas again after clearing and didn't see the errant chest/target.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Comments on the book mention the bone piles can spawn in different locations.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Any chance you opened the DZ already having a lockout on one boss?
  7. nesta New Member

Searched the zone (after everything was killed), killed all the bosses, each event has a fresh lockout.
  8. nesta New Member

We raided Tacvi last night and the I looted the item at the correct location. It didn't spawn there this last Saturday, but I got it last night. Might have been a fluke, but it took 2 dz's to get 1 item, vs. the norm of 1 dz per item.

Happy with the item, just reporting an issue.
  9. Trebla7th Augur

We encountered this issue last night, so this still isn't fixed. Our raid was broken into two parts, killing one portion of the zone and looting all available books, then going back in a fresh DZ and killing the rest of the zone. Valtron's remains spawned in both instances, while Rashere's remains did not spawn at all.

This is the way the DZ system was designed, so that the raid could be split up over multiple nights. The remains would be expected to spawn in the same spot each time, tied to their particular boss's lockout timer, but that doesn't appear to be the way it works. Based on this thread and experiences of others in my guild, it appears that Rashere and Valtron's remains are interchangeable, causing this quest to break on any clears that take place over multiple sessions.

This may or may not be related to the fact that Zun Muram Mordl Delt's door does not unlock when he is defeated, but rather unlocks when one (both?) of the south Zun's is defeated. To wit, I believe Valtron and Rashere's remains consistently spawn either behind Yihst Vor or Mordl Delt, but can switch between those two spots. All other remains appear to have static spawns.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Completed this a few weeks back, there are more than just those 2 that spawn in different spots, if the names on the maps are correct. Was 4 or 5 in different spots when I did it.
  11. Lysann New Member

Did this 30 hours ago, and Rashere's remains had not spawned as they should have, submitted a ticket and was redirected here, seems to be an ongoing issue. Was the Last book i needed. This is not working as intended. Please rectify.
    Thornblade
    Lysannder