Rare spawns bugged or calendar is wrong

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Willowtree, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Willowtree Journeyman

Since today the rare spawns are at a normal standard rate. Either the calender is wrong (it shows rare bonuses till Wednesday) or something is wrong with the spawn rate. I checked that with other players which experienced the same (Antonius Bayle). This is very simple to verify. Maidens Eye didn't yielded any spawns in around 4 hours killing different place holders. That didn't happen over the weekend. Umbral and Maidens spawned them very often at Sagurday and Sunday.
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Bad RNG, I'm finshing whole zones in like 3 clears.

Fall bonus for double rares is through the 26th.
  3. Trebla7th Augur

How many PHs are you killing? Which PHs? At least one of the named in Maiden's Eye is on a 6-8 hour repop (the roaming worm, I forget his name... "a mind burrower"?). The Shadow Overlord is exceptionally rare under normal circumstances, so I could easily believe you wouldn't get him in 4 hours even under double rares.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

"Simple to verify" whether or not a 50% bonus is working and "4 hour sample size" do not go in the same post together, sorry. There's at least one post like this during every single rare spawn bonus.

Now what IS simple to verify in a short amount of time - the faction bonus that is tied to the rare spawn bonus. They're the same switch. Both bonuses are still working fine.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Claver New Member

I think it was bugged in certain zones. I have been hunting Namdrows in ME since way before they added this bonus. I noticed no real change in the amount of named that spawned. Usually I got around 3 every 1.5-2 hrs of clearing the PH's.
    Anyway, yesterday I was doing my thing in ME and had already been there 2 hrs killing PH's and I only got 1 named to spawn. Then they reset the zone with no explanation given. When it came back up things had changed. I got at least 10 named to spawn in a few hours. I seriously doubt the RNG had anything to do with it.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

If there was a .000010% chance of a rare spawning, that chance is now .000015% chance. It may not seem like much, but it's there!
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  7. Claver New Member

"200% chance for rares to spawn and to faction gains and losses – September 13 to September 26, 2022. "
    Dunno where the 50% thing came from.
  8. Kalluian New Member

No issues here finished Tov hunters with ease
  9. Willowtree Journeyman

I simply kill PHs and count the drops over a night. Maidens Eye is horrible, especially a couple of named like Diabo Xi Akuel and Centien Rashen Xaui. I had normally Darkmeat, Xenicous, and Lucca pop regularly and never ever I had no single pop after - I have to correct - partly over 6h meanwhile of pulling PHs (and I don't remember how many but 1,5-2M SDPS are enough for complete clearance of around 1-3 rare spawn areas, except pita camps like Diabo Xi Akuel). It seemed it was different for the weekend. Today the same again. While the rare spawn bonus is clearly present in Umbral Plains (around 10-15 pops a night), in Maidens it is a pita. I did Hunter for a couple of guys in a raid at the start and it was VERY different - it may have been harder than the older xpacs but I never had such a rare pop even with the "so-called" rare-spawn bonus. Today I had now around 3h at Diabo and at least 1 pop. This xpac is really no fun. Other xpacs do not seem to have that problem.

Perhaps this is server related, I talked to a couple of people which had the same problem. There are time frames where nothing pops even in Umbral Plains btw, then nearly every PH kill round pops a named - completely weired and out of any statistical row except Maidens... dead Maidens...