Rare Named Charm

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nebby, Aug 21, 2019.

1. krimmett Lorekeeper

Pets warping to their masters are not even in the discussion. Charm did not break when cothed or gating in the same zone, and the pets still ran to the player. So yes, it is still 20 years.
  2. That0neguy Augur

Except you weren't. Go back and read your first post. Even if you were, no one demanded this change. People demanded a fix to stop being griefed and this is what they came up with.
  3. Ohfuggle Elder

That0neguy is correct.
    That0neguy likes this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Except I was. I literally used the word “demand” twice, both times referring to TLP players asking for things, in the original post you’re talking about.

And there were plenty of posts on ForumQuest specifically about Mangler and AC, AJ and other griefery crying for a “fix”.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Oh so I guess no one should ask for a fix for anything?

Or if DBG does decide to "fix" something its the players fault that they came up with a terrible method of doing so?

Tell me again how its the communities fault for asking DBG to fix something and they come up with a way of doing it that ruins game play for others?

Yes, they demanded stuff. No one demanded it be implemented this way. You are blaming a group of players for something out of their control.

So good job on getting TL's during combat nerf'd for everyone. Live players are the worst for abusing this mechanic and forcing DBG to fix it.
    Xanathol likes this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Only if you show me where live players demanded the TL changes. I’ll wait <3.

It also took all of 60 seconds via search to find one of the numerous threads with people complaining where a poster suggests *exactly* what they did. Which makes assertions like “no one demanded it be implemented this way” comical, to say the least.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-mobs-hostage-with-charm.258818/#post-3807966
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Actually... no one is really quite sure why TL during combat was changed. Unless there was a post that I missed from a dev saying why? Assumptions are bad. The main thing it was used for is getting out of a raid that was wiping. Whoopie, hardly a reason to change it.
    Sheex likes this.
  8. Tierdal Augur

wat revmp?
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

[IMG]

What gives you the impression that Mangler and AC or AJ had anything to do with the changes to translocates?
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Nothing?

All I was talking about was charm changes/griefing/demands directly impacting the Live game.

The TL changes appear to be out of left field (unless someone can explain otherwise?).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Aneuren like this.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Ah, I see.

Perhaps we can get some increases to instanced content at some point so these ridiculously toxic environments stop forcing Daybreak into bad positions.
    Sheex likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

They’ve already instanced so much, it would make sense.

FWIW I play on Mangler, and have seen a lot of the crappy behavior first hand. Really not looking forward to Luclin VT shards/Emp bane weapon camps, for example.

Overall glad they made the changes, it’s just unfortunate some of the side effects to the rest of the game.
    Aneuren likes this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

So are you complaining they made legacy content just like current live content where names cannot be charmed? I thought you were upset over not being able to dispel charm.

Does it matter if you demanded the TL changes? You abused it which caused them to fix it and affect the rest of us.
  14. sumnayin Augur

Can't wait to make people cry by charming PH's for important mobs on the next TLP. Good thing I have all the time in the world because I am wealthy and don't work besides a few days a month. Also, everyone telling Person A they're responsible for Person B complaining about something...you're dumb.
  15. sumnayin Augur

I just thought about it, I can charm PH's and then sell people the rights to kill the PH. Good stuff. Can't wait I hope this TLP in November doesn't replace a new server next year.
  16. Rhazes New Member

The enchanters charm gating were replaced by mages. Which is what people said would happen. The mages are slightly easier to deal with if you have back up that has enough dps to beat the mages before they quickly lock the kill with their programs and dps which is even hard for a top geared wizard at least 60% of the time. 60% of the time is not good enough when you spent half a day at camp and lose the kill to someone who is protected by daybreak because they increase krono sales. Once, the krono sellers know you and that you have reinforcements they then bring help then you have 2 or 3 to do deal with. You have to win over and over before they leave you alone when they run into you in the future all while your guild mates spend their valuable time helping you specifically because of them.

How does one deal with this? Nerf mages so their dps builds up over time? No the krono sellers adapt to another class. We get a week of being able to actually do a camp that has good items while they relevel the next class at the cost of mages who love the game and now will quit or reroll. Instead how about triple the spawn rate on all named mobs. Make those money items worthless to krono sellers where they are wasting their time because instead of 3-20 krono they are all now 1 krono and after few weeks several hundred plat and they will still be valuable to the actual players of the game. Tlp servers switch expansions fast as it is. More gear is better for progression. Everquest still has its mechanics which adds difficulty for many players to continue playing but they gear up just as easily as modern mmos. Now you have a stable server with players enjoying the game with much less krono farmers and their mage bots at every valuable camp in ever single pick.
  17. Piznut Angry Gnome

This guy was obviously a charm gate griefer.
  18. Ronzark Augur

I quit TLP a few years ago, because of stupid sh*T like this thread... but I wanted to make a comment after lurking a few threads.

This guy is 100% suffering from cognitive dissonance. The giveaway/tell (he does it again in another post in this thread) is the "So, " followed by an absurd absolute that the other person didn't even suggest...

"No one should ask for a fix for anything?" - Literally NO ONE suggested this other than That0neguy... because he had to make up an absurd situation that makes the guy he's arguing with look silly.

Here's a tip... it doesn't look silly to people who can see right through you. Just a lesson for those who can't spot cognitive dissonance very easily... the So - followed by an absurd absolute.. is a great tell for it. Look for it in political threads and comments, you can spot it VERY easily these days. The Jordan Peterson interview with Cathy whatshername on the BBC was a really good example of it. She kept saying "So, you're saying XYZgarbage that you didn't say?".. and he dismantled her.

Good luck all, and give em Hell... Pantheon will destroy these silly TLPs in a year or so. See the smart ones there!
  19. That0neguy Augur

I am not sure you quite understand cognitive dissonance sir.
    Also by quitting "years ago", you mean all the way back in Jul 2018? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...t-will-affect-tlps.250337/page-7#post-3681656

I appreciate your post and a signed autograph is in the mail. You should receive it about the time Pantheon launches.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

It was used to grief train people with relative impunity.

Dump a load on someone and clicka box.

That's why we can't have tl boxes in combat. People want to be scum and there are no gms so we are left with global game mechanic changes.