Rangers or Berserkers in TLP GoD+

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bewts, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Bewts Augur

So the glory days of rangers and autofire are coming to an end on my TLP where Ranger melee is going to replace autofire and bows for their best DPS option.

That being said, Berserkers will now be available.

Given a choice between 3 rangers or 3 Berserkers (war clr brd to fill Group), which is a better choice moving forward from GoD?

Note the rangers are max worn atk, have time weapons and bows and have capped spent and banked AA.

I’m looking for viable reasons that would convince me that retiring 3 rangers will be worth it in the long run, especially if I’m going to have to melee with them anyways.

Any feed back or thoughts on which 3 to go with would be appreciated.
  2. roth Augur

Is this a box group, or a group of friends, or a desired raid group setup, or ?

Honestly, you want to avoid class stacking like that as much as possible. Drop two Rangers, get one Berserker, and find some other DPS class that isn’t a Ranger or Berserker for the final slot. Monk, Beastlord, Magician, something that brings something else to the party that is not already covered by the group. That said, I’d strongly consider a Beastlord, for the buffs, and the way that both the PC and the pet benefit from melee enhancements the rest of the party brings.

That’s if this is a box group, and you are proficient at boxing. If you are NOT proficient at boxing that many characters, stick with the lazy DPS of autofire Rangers, even though you haven’t been playing them to their capacity that way.

If this is a bunch of friends, or a raid group, then let people play what they want to play, but suggest that different classes bring their own different things to a group and that can often be better than a simple DPS parse indicates.
  3. Bewts Augur

Full box group; currently run it mostly via ISB. Redundancy actually helps with it for me , and so would cycling epic zerk clicks with 100% uptime; one of which would coincide with bard click.

There’s also something close to my heart with running 5 dwarves in a group with a flaming bard singing the song of my people.
  4. Brohg Augur

Those are not a group buff
  5. Bewts Augur

For some reason I had thought it was. As I think I indicated on this thread; zerkers are a black box for me but pose an interesting option that may replace a ranger or all 3 of them.

There are other discs that are group versions, so perhaps I was reading one and then transferred it to assume the epic clicks were too?
  6. roth Augur

For a full on box crew, with minimal oversight of any one dps character, replace at most one ranger with a berserker. Berserkers have to be in melee range. Rangers, just need to be in the area and facing somewhat in the right direction. While all classes benefit from direct and active oversight, rangers are probably easier overall to get decent dps from with minimal oversight. Berserkers are among the best at /autoattafk /afk, but even there you still have to deal with keeping the berserker within melee range and facing the target, something much simpler with /autofire /afk rangers.