Rangers and Beastlord?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Brassar, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Brassar New Member

So as Hybrid's of Druid and Shaman why don't you ask for a call of the wild type ability? Paladin's get % based rez as part warrior/part cleric. I also wonder why the SK's as part warrior/part necro never ask for a rez type Essence Emerald like the Necro's get lower % rez obviously. And here comes the trolls on this one....
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Honestly? As much as this would be pretty cool for either class to have there's two issues. First, many players complain that all the classes over the years are just being blended together and some of the game's flavor is lost. Second, in the case of both classes really - there is such a thing as too much utility. If I played a Berserker for example and saw either of these Hybrids receive a rez I'd be like where's my utility at? All I do is damage.

Don't consider this trolling or hating your idea as you state in your post. There's a delicate balance in EQ that makes the game what it is. It's hard enough for the Devs to come up with new abilities to add each expac for all classes. Adding a core utility like this to classes that could only do it prior via Loyalty Crowns would be a pretty big change. :)
    Skewert likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

50% res buttons both y'all can deploy. Let's see how bad you/they want it :devilsmiley:
  4. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Well since they FINALLY gave us mass Fero....the next thing I wanna see is what other hybrid classes have....weapon focus AA...SK have em, pally have em ( for 2h I think) rangers have em, bards have em....why can't we bsts have h2h, 1hb, piercing, and 2hb AAs....
  5. Fleeting Augur

only reason i dont use anything other than h2h/1hb on my beastlord. cant honestly remember but im sure i only use H2h, my reason is gelid claw doesnt proc with peircing etc so we lose alot of dmg if it did then we could use something different possibly. been a minute since ive been on
  6. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Don't quote me on this but I believe they added Gelid to 1hb as well, might be wrong but...meh...also different weapons have different procs. I say this because in Sathirs Tomb #2 the goo and piles of bones have fire and ice bane's, I use a dagger from EoK for the ice proc ( name eludes me ).

Still yah they could add Gelid to all our weapon types, literally no reason not to.
  7. Brohg Augur

Fleeting already correctly listed 1hb there. It procs Gelid Claw.

Your piercers do not. You'll have to test whether the 3200 ice proc on your Spike, Emperor's End is better than 2800 on The Calm / 2400 Fiend Club of Terror plus 2k Gelid Claws from them
  8. Moldar Augur

No to res, just no.

I can't begin to tell you the # of tells of people that simply refuse a lower % res already in the game. offering something even less than a 96% res at this point in the game would see inordinate amounts of complaining about an inferior res / outright refusal to lose EXP, also Jhenna brings up a good point of the fact that people would cry re: utility.

At this point, it is not the best idea to have additional resurrection classes/abilities added to the game, also 5/16 (~31% of the current) classes can already offer a res type ability, w/o the use of loyalty res tokens, add in loyalty tokens and basically anyone can have the ability to res a person.
  9. Fintank Augur

I'm all for the #RezRanger I don't even buff people mid-fight so I'd love to get complaints about no rezzing too! :p
    Brohg likes this.
  10. smash Augur

Wrong, wrong.

There monsters, where you cannot do cold damage without doing harm to your self. There were raid with that. So as soon they do that you cannot fight it
  11. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Only raid I can remember off the top of my head with this was Trial of Creation I believe in, Brells Trials raids in UF....there might be others, if so I've forgotten them, but this one raid....this whole expac was crazy, but UF was my fav by far.
  12. Tadenea Augur

rather see rangers get skin buff similiar to druids kind of like beastlords for mini version of focus
  13. Brohg Augur

... that's Blackscale (Ravencoat, Shadowscale, Shadowcoat, all the way back to Skin Like Rock)
  14. roth Augur

The Skin Like Rock line for rangers does exist.

HOWEVER - its overwritten by Druid skin and merc buffs. Also, it confers some HP regen rather than MP regen, so less useful in any case.

And les AC/HP than merc buffs.
  15. Gnomereaper Augur

Classes are not defined by what they can do, but what they can't do. Paladin, Necromancer, and Cleric was bad game design as too few classes had rez and only two without a component. Then expanding the ressurection effects to all priest classes was one thing that added a lot to the group game. The major downside though was when mercenaries were introduced everyone effectively has res. Then rez got farmed out with loyalty vendor tokens.

At this stage, Rez has been effectively farmed out to every class in the game at a more than comfortable manner. And I used to be one of the clerics who actively campaigned and agreed that rez lock was dumb and that mercenaries were a necessary evil.

However, at this stage I would personally say no.

Paladins are very close to their warrior and cleric roots. Rangers share a lot of spells and similar skills with warriors and druids, but their playstyle is effectively so different that they're not even a "good comparison." They're a very unique classes from the original game out of the original hybrids just because of archery. Beastlords, well beastlords aren't your typical "hybrid" they're a pet class that takes from shaman, mage, and monk who have become more monk-like in recent years. With the shift in design change through different AA moves and such, there has to be build on with the new abilities than taking something out of style from shaman. Paladins out of the hybrid classes are a healer class and expected to heal. Rangers are a dps/tank class that can heal but not a "real healer." I haven't seen a ranger actively heal a group in multiple years and that was in Dreadlands with people desperate to group. Paladins do that all the time for days. Beastlords have heals, and do heal but aren't "actively" healing as much as a paladin who has lower dps than a beastlord. That's the tradeoff for healing utility, it's low dps. And rangers and beastlords more than likely wouldn't sacrifice a dps upgrade for a rez utility that's already been vendored and merc'd away. Equally because of that, I'd oppose it on principal that something better could be offered because of the availability of rez like greater dps tools or something interesting.

The idea would have more merit if mercs and rez tokens didn't exist, but they should remove the Essence Emerald cost from Necromancer rez, though.
  16. Moldar Augur

At this point, I would like to see a self-controlled/ self-activated mana regen ability akin to Poison Arrows/Sapping Strikes

Or

See the ability Scarlet Cheetah's Fang completely re-worked from the ground up.

(I want to make it crystal clear: i'm not asking for 100% self-reliance, simply just asking for the ability to pop a lesson in group content w/o an ideal group make up and not be out of mana before my burn is even over, or be in a raid group and suddenly dps drops dead in its tracks due to not enough mana to cast)

I would like to see an additional arrow spell line akin to poison/flaming/frost arrows that could be called something like serpent/mana arrows, I feel it would fit well with this archer-esque type class they want have us set up to be

The actual buff could be along the lines of:
    Chance to proc for X damage @ a cost of Y endurance and return Z% of damage as mana

Could be self only, could be group, At this point anything is better than nothing
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Arcane Glyph helps a lot but lol @ 40 AA's to use it on a group burn. :/
  18. Yimin Augur

As a Bst I dont see the need to be honest for a low level rez ! Being the Hybrid of a Shaman/Monk id like to have the 2HB skills as a Monk like it use to be for Bst and also better HP reg and HOTs like a Shaman ...:D

YiMin
  19. Fleeting Augur

could always make gelid proc tie into our pact buff . so can click it off if need 2
    Brohg likes this.
  20. Thraine Augur

rangers will never ask for this, we are too busy begging the GMs for some kinda mana regen AA

also id rather have a corruption cure over a rez anyday