Ranger ranged attack and autofire problems

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Derka, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Derka Power Ranger

I logged in this morning and tried to ranged attack a mob in Ka Vethan , autofire turned on and then nothing. Turned /autofire off then proceeded to hit the Range Attack button and no shots as well. Arrow is in ammo slot, changed bows, still nothing. Reloaded my ranger and then autofire started working again.

Go to do a lesson burn in ME now and am shooting mobs but noticing way less arrow damage spam and also seeing arrows shoot out with no reported damage in chat window. It seems like trick shot was bugged and not completing a double archery attack. Bought the first new rank of trick shot to put it at 56% and that didn't change the frequent single shots.

Has anyone else experienced this? I had to log off for work so not sure if it's still happening.
    Shui likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have noticed my bowing has seemed choppy and sporadic the last week. It seems to come and go so I put it down to the server instability/connection issues that are causing other problems.

Other than that the only time I notice something similar is when the mobs have cast something on me that interferes with shooting.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea seems slow on my end too. 23 delay bow with 50% haste should be pretty fast but theres a delay even though im fighting in a zone were im the only one. pretty strange.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not sure if this is related, but when I was doing one of the partisan tasks in KV the other day, there were either certain areas of the zone or steps in the task where my ranger would not shoot at all. I would hit the ranged attack button...and nothing. No damage messages or the "you are too close to your target" warning...he just stood there.

Specifically, this was in the sacrifical pit area, where there's that one mob you have to kill for a drop. I pulled the mob all the way over to one side of the pit and positioned my ranger on the opposite side, but he would not shoot at all. Once I left the pit to go on with the task, I could range attack like normal.

I don't know if it was just that specific area, or if it was part of the task.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

Now that you mention it I was helping a guildie with quests in KV that morning and pretty sure that was where the problem was. Will have to try to recreate this.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

There is such a thing as mobs immune to ranged attack. I don't know of any unifying identifier to them.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Wouldn't they give a message like "this mob is immune to X attack" or something of that nature? That's usually what happens when a mob is immune to something (like stuns).
  8. Szilent Augur

nah, disappearing arrows, totally invisible except archers deal 0 damage. a good question maybe for ranger discord, see if they remember the specific mobs