Ranger question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Filter, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Filter Augur

Hi Everyone,

I only use my ranger as bot with my warrior and melee with him. I literally can only count 3 times I've used a bow with him. I'm making a mage and PL it with the ranger. I've already used the dbl exp weekend to get it to lvl 70 so I grouped up and tried HS. Not a fan, not a fan at all. I fully understand that I am working at a severe disadvantage to most everyone here in terms of ability to play, and knowledge, of the ranger class. I guess I'm wondering what it takes in order to be more efficient on HSing. My HS's come once a minute or so. What aa's, what discs (I don't think it's needed), what spells should I be doing using or have to be more efficient? I know I could kill more with my melee but I want to try something new, to me. Assuming you need to have a very high hDex to help with procing it? Do I use a lower delay bow or a higher delay, does it matter?

So confused! Thank you guys for the help.
  2. AB-Muvien Elder

I havent played around much with different delays for headshot eksplicit but I dont think delay matters.

More dex and get trickshot AA maxed out. Use Called/anticipated shots + focused arrowrain while headshotting and you should be gtg.
  3. Filter Augur

Thanks Muvien! I thought there would be more aa's that you would need in order to be more efficient with HSing?
  4. Khauruk Augur

So, Headshot is not a major help to getting xp anymore. The proc rate was nerfed to max 2x/minute or so. hDex helps, using your arrow spells (Focused and Announced Shots lines, not the ones that use silver arrows), and nothing else boosts it. hDex boosts it very small amounts.
  5. Brohg Augur

Not a major help - except the freebie +10k dps in applicable content :p
  6. AB-Muvien Elder

Headshot is actually very descent in its current form because it alows you to kill dark blue mobs just 1 lvl lower than you, where as before you were restricted to light blues and greens. By all means its an awfull powerlvling tool now but it opens up for new frontiers to explore :) I like the new version 100 times better than old version.

The higher lvl of mobs allows for more exploration and fun things to do with headshot. Once we dragged a group of Chanter, Bard, Rogue, Zerker and 2 rangers to Neriak 4th gate static version. Bard kept pulling massive trains on the chanter who tanked them while the 4 of us tore them apart. It was a descent glyph restocking burn but more importantly we had a blast doing it :)