Ranger Pulling

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Raisehell, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Do Rangers have any means on consistent single pulls anymore? After the HA nerf it seems everything is back to chance
  2. Radamus Journeyman

Yes
    Raisehell likes this.
  3. Radamus Journeyman

Snares, Root, AoE Root, Punts, Cover Tracks, Harmonies, etc. Lots of abilities that allow us to pull. Best to just chuck an arrow at a group of mobs and see what follows you though. More interesting that way. Make sure to crit so you can find out if they summon or not at the same time.
    Lilybeme and Turbodog like this.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

Yes, rangers can single pull just about anywhere or anytime. Lots of tools we can use.
  5. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

some of the basic methods I use to split:

1 Snare , double punt

2 Vinelash , face away and double punt to me ,(yes you can punt to yourself )

3 Vinelash , then fade when named gets to me. insta dot named and bring.

4 Harmony works , can harmony all the surrounding mobs then face away and punt named out of the pile to me.

5 snare , then cover tracks. A mob, non-aggroed , will stay put for a little while.

6 tag a pile then wait for them to get closer and then WS , and Vinelash , then back up and snare and double punt in a round the clock manner. and nuke the last one that I want to bring with me

7 If the mobs are all non snare-able, I try and double punt the mob that I want to me then cover tracks right away. then tag again.

8 Also, I have stacks of Feign Dead Potions. I use them as last resort.

Also I might vary up these different methods depending on the mob type and distance to pull.

Kurage,
    Inverse Logic Ranger Class Leader, Guild Recruiter
    Tornne likes this.
  6. Greymantle Augur

For tricky pulls you have several options. One i use is the AA debuff, low additional aggro but gets their attention. I also have a hotkey set up for snare pulling, it chains our leap aa then fade and invis. Usefull on lots of occasions other than pulling too.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

whats the one aa debuff?

Andarriel
  8. Brohg Augur

Entropy of Nature
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

thanks never noticed that aa before.

Andarriel
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's not omg amazing but handy for the short recast of Entropy AA but if your bored sometime, commit genocide in the Foundation and grab this: https://eq.magelo.com/item/109806

It's fun for pulling trains when you don't want to snare things and want to tag a second group of mobs and want to avoid being summoned shooting arrows pew pew

Also, if a buff you want dispelled makes it's "save" and you need a second cast it's a nice tool in the chest.
  11. Madeni Elder

Best post of the week
  12. Kolani Augur

Unless you're the poor shadowknight (me) that has to deal with a Radamus pull, Womp womp.
  13. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

Entropy of Nature is a great tool. Use it well friends.
  14. Alekzandre Augur

Cancel Magic does not create much ago either fyi, unless they changed it.