Ranger parsing with Terebro question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Paithian, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Paithian New Member

I've had Terebro for awhile now and used it before the bug was fixed and loved it, but not that I'm at 100, I'm curious if anyone has parsed the ranged dps of it ? I know melee is usually better than ranged, but was wondering if anyone knows the #'s compared to say group content 1h weapons.

I've tried to parse it a few times, but I don't think I'm doing it accurately and don't trust my #'s enough. Currently I'm using Serrated Limb Chopper in main with 10dmg aug, and a 106/24 dmg/dly in off hand (forgot the name) with a 8dmg aug. Both augs could go into Terebro putting it at 160/24. I expect melee probably pulls ahead, but would like someone more comfortable with parsing to give me some input if possible
  2. Karthos Augur

Essentially what you are asking is whether a "raid" bow will outperform group 1hs weapons. I'm going to go out on a limb without any parses and say no. At this point the only time you go bow is if you absolutely have to do due to massive ae's or something.

One other thing, make sure you grab yourself a revultant whip and efreeti standard for copsestalker/empowered blades. That combo outperforms raid weapons using those discs.
  3. Nylrem Augur

Then go ahead and get that VT proc clicky thing, for after empowered blades drops.

Add in that belt that adds 500 damage to your procs (1k on a crit) and you should even drop your strictly damage augs in weapons and add in damage plus DD prccing augs for improved DPS.
  4. Paithian New Member

thanks for the info. have only just hit 100 so a ton of things to get, will look into those items!
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

What VT proc thingy if I may ask?
  6. Brudal Augur

Proc thingy
  7. A-Quad Augur

Assuming the VT gloves are like Symbol of the Planemasters, the clicky you're referring to is long obsolete.

It won't stack with current ranger self-buffs (i.e., Devastating Swords or Roaring Weapons).
  8. Hatsee Augur

Err, we can cast that spell. Not that it matters.