Ranger Mechanic Clarification

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Lefidous, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lefidous New Member

I have read on multiple sources that there is a built in delay in auto fire, but I have also read that the delay was removed in recent years.

I have also seen some evidence to suggest there are strange interactions between quiver haste, haste, over-haste, and how it interacts with fast bows (below 25 delay).

So my question is, are there any data which proves how these mechanics work?
  2. Toomba Elder

Go to a newb zone with lvl 5 mobs and autofire them, sometimes they die right when you click it and sometimes it takes a sec or two, it appears random
  3. Thraine Augur

The short answer to your question is , no.

but out of curiosity i went to the parse dummy and did a parse with a raid bow (25 delay), then another without my fleeting quiver and the dps was less

then i equiped a bow of the destroyer (17 delay) and parse both with and without my quiver .. the quiver is still providing haste.

Maybe im unclear of what your talking about. what have you heard? i would be happy to parse it out, but i havent seen anything to suggest some sort of wackiness with haste / quivers / whatever
  4. Derka Power Ranger

Years ago there was a theory about quivers not really benefitting bows below 25 delay. Could have been true. Kind of like the old wives' tale about keeping 1 arrow of the one you currently use in your quiver. (Which I do carry 1 ancient arrow on ammo slot and one in first slot of quiver) hehe :) think of it as a lucky rabbit's foot
  5. Kiras Augur

I vaguely remember there being an issue with truncation and the way hastes worked years ago. They fixed it a long time ago. The built in autofire delay was a slightly different issue - it was supposed to be simulated lag for manually hitting the button, and it hit faster bows harder than slower bows. Pretty sure it's been removed too, but my memory could be off.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I parsed it out a while ago, like in 2011. The Jeweled Quiver was better than the Fleeting and Prescient quivers at a 225% haste. It has been fixed from my understanding for some time now and I probably tested that too or else I wouldn't be using the Prescient.
  7. mackal Augur

Did they break quiver haste again?

EDIT: wait, read what the person said wrong :p

There is a cap on quiver haste, they used to cap it wrong when you went over that, which broke quiver haste.
  8. Raptour_MT Elder

The built in delay on autofire has been removed. As far as I know quiver haste is working as well.
  9. roth Augur

When they first put in the /autofire command, they added in a .2 second delay (effectively a 2 delay) into the system to “simulate latency” that had been inherent to manually hammering the Ranged Attack button.

That simulag has long since been removed, and /autofire functions for ranged attacks the exact same way that turning attack on functions for melee.