Ranger leveling 81-85

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Vanlaven, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Vanlaven Elder

So my ranger is currently 81 / 1700 and farming the crap out of c2 in PoFire like any othe ranger of my lvl I guess. Around 2k AAs i plan on making the push to 85. I know c2 should work to get 82 and maybe 83 before it goes green but im curious if anyone has any tips for 83-85. I know I can HS minos in DSH at 85 so i plan to stop there for a bit and maybe hit 2500 or so AAs.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. Bangzoom Lorekeeper

You can headshot the Wind Nymphs in DSH at 83.
  3. Dalmoth Journeyman

My tip, make sure your not solely dependent upon earning experience via head shot. Do roughly 250 AAs per level, I went from Fire to House of Thule for grouping at 82 and was tanking yard trash by 84, named took a while longer.
  4. Vanlaven Elder

Thanks for the replies guys. Nice to know there is a HS spot for 83-84. I am kinda dreading leaving Fire as i have read many posts saying how muh they miss C2 and that its one of the best / funest headshot camps.

As for HoT groups, i would love to get in some but i have never done HoT content before so i have no idea whats expected and i also have fragmented play time mostly. Gone are the days when i could stand around for 3 hours LFG. May try and get a group if the guild has one going or something though even though i suspect i would be less of an asset than a rogue merc lol
  5. fransisco Augur

I don't actually like c2 in fire. Everything dies in 15 min, then I gotta wait for another 15 min for the entire castle to repop (and I don't even have a BoD)
  6. Vanlaven Elder

Wow 15 minutes is fast. Takes me about 30 and i have all AAs that help headshotting at all maxed and a 24 dly bow so i assume its faulty methodology on my part.
  7. fransisco Augur

use hail of arrows (lowest mana ae, since damage doesn't matter) every time its up. Plus gotf and ggotf for increased haste every time they are up. I also always take a haste buff with.
    I also got myself max planar power to up my dex. Breaking the 400 and 500 marks REALLY made a difference
  8. Tuldan Lorekeeper

Also make sure to always bum unity off a shaman. The dexterity from that makes headshot proc more. As dalmoth said try to do more then just headshot if u are wanting to do more with the ranger then just make an alt. Its very easy to tell who the ranger apps are that have only ever headshot.
  9. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

I recommend staying in the hot zones and headshotting. Not sure if you can hs korascan warrens yet, but put that on your list. Veragild mines also works.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

No, he can't headshot Warrens. Head into DoDH and try the spiders the hive. That where you'll be until 90 when you can open up SoD.
    Beauman Ironchef likes this.
  11. Beauman Ironchef New Member

By level 83 (Headshot Rank 13) you can do the sirens in the Buried Sea; great, fast experience. There's a few different sweet spots on their island where you can move in a circle and take them out quickly, and have them respawning by the time you get back to your starting position. Was able to get 40+ AA per hour here, a little more with an experience potion or Lesson of the Devoted up.

For a change of pace, also go HS some of the bird guys on the next island over. Not as much exp, but fun all the same.

Happy hunting!
  12. Damascus Elder

some lesser known places to HS in early 80s:

79-81: Children of Gimblax DoN mission
    82: Stoneroot falls DoDH drachnids & shadowmanes
    83: DSH, Snarlstone dens DoD, PoWater hraquis PoP
    84: Devastation, Icefall Glacier goblins, TBS sirens, Elddar forest Takishes

there are more, but those are my secret spots that I won't reveal on a public post since they'll be swarming with annoying rangers. But seriously, nothing compares to C2 in pofire. I can flatten the entire castle in 22 mins for spectacular xp, then spend a few mins waiting for repop killing mobs in the Field, maybe take on a named. If lucky do Fennin Ro event, most of those are HSable.
  13. Damascus Elder

At 81 I flipped the dodh instance Rogue's trust#1 looking for a GSS. Good xp meanwhile. Took 8 mins for me to clear and drop. Have to have a parked bot at the quest giver who is 2 zones over. 3 man minimum. Make note that the 2nd and 3rd bot takes a share of the xp out of yours. Simply because they're grouped - even if they're out of zone - as does a merc; and I wish devs could fix this. I left 1 bot at the quest giver and leveled my 2nd box with me in the instance. Xp share with 2 is 60% of original, with 3 in group it's 47% of original. They say there's an additional player (non merc) bonus, but I'll only believe it when I see the dev statement of the finite amount. Anyhow the speed of turning the instance and the constant kills makes the flipping worthwhile.

At 82 I flipped the Lost Notebook dodh instance. Some C2.

At 83 I did DWCliffs, DSH, C2 (leveled my shm), and burned through the last 20% in 1 lotd burn flipping Lost Notebook (normal mode). Sadly you can only HS the drachnid mobs; you can't HS the shillskin/werewolves until next level of HS at level 85, and you can't HS yet the hard mode, mobs are just out level reach.

Level 84, you will find, is when all your favorite haunts turn green. C2 turns green - however I don't regret leaving it. It became too slow when I could wipe the whole castle in <20 mins. I didn't like fighting the field2 for 10 mins. Lost Notebook drachnids turn green, sadly. So what's a ranjah to do? DSH and DWCliffs (black legions). And go to LN: hardmode.

HS really opens up again at 85 when you can do Lost Gnomes.

But honestly mate, don't spend all those levels HS grinding. You'll miss out on the fun AA combos you can be doing meleeing in groups (Oacc, Oatk, Gotf, Ggotf, Ausp, Epic, HoT BP clicks). You'll need the practice for grouping 85-90 when you'll have Imbued Ferocity and 1st/3rd spire abilities; along with Called Shots/Aimshot Disc/Focused Storm.
    Ranger combos are simply phenomenal fun. Truly a 5 dimensional class that takes dedication to play well.

Hope this helps!
    D
  14. Damascus Elder

^ Correction, can't go to LN: hard mode until 85. My bad.