Ranger guide

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Orienn, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

This is a guide for what I do on my ranger, of course you can always tweak it or do it another way, it's mainly a guide for friends who were interested in my set up. I had made it in the EQ mail but Rams said I should post it here too. This is a pre-RoS guide but still helpfull

Buffs (Self):
    Corpsestalkers Unity
    Corpsestalker's Enrichment
    Ro's burning cloak
    Shimmering veil
    Devastating swords

Clicky Buff's:
    Dragorn War Mask
    Razor's Edge
    Familiar of the Hooded Scrykin or Venemous Raptor Familiar
    Bloodmetal Inlaid Gnollish Totem
    Ruaabri's Fist
    Mount buffs
    Momento of the Ungod's Suffering

Other clickies:
    Terror's Juju - Reverse DS (12 min duration / 3 min cd)
    Lizardscale Plated Girdle - haste
    Lingering Essence of Cazic-Thule - 10 sec mez/stun Instant fade 1:40 cd
    Gyrospire Relocation Device - Instant port to gyrospire
    Cleansing Rod - Disease/Poison cure (.5 sec cast time 1 min cd)
    Necromantic Dragon Bone - 22k lifetap (.5 sec cast time 3min cd) **
    Overflowing Urn of Life - 2250 HoT 3k feedback damage (1 sec cast 5 min cd)
    Totem of the Wurines - DA (2 sec cast 8 hour cd)
    Cursed Rage Channeler - DA (2sec cast 8 hour cd)
    Feral Guardian Channeler - DA (2sec cast 8 hour cd)
    Bottled Essence of Vox - 20k dd on up to 4 targets (1 sec cast time 5 min cd)
    Petrified Heartwod Linked Shirt - 1150 dd (.8 sec cast time 3 min cd)
    Bladewhisper Chain Vest of Journeys - chest dd (on seperate cd than main) **
    Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye - Twincast 1 spell (30 sec duration 5 min cd) **
    Shield of Immaculate Light - 35 disease counter cure (Instant 30 sec cd) **
    Venenium - Poison cure (Instant 30 sec cd) **
    2.0 **
    Circle of Power 4 **
    Rune of Tallon - summons a ranger pet to shoot for a short time **
    Blood Drinker's Coating - lifetap buff **
    Miniture Horn of Unity **

** marked one's I use the most on raids, I prolly have more Ill update if I remember them.

Comsumables:
    Hedgewizard's Brew
    Merchant's Feast/Brew
    Planar Overdose
    Distilled Mana Tonic

Spell line ups vary from fight to fight but here is the main one I use, I have all rank 3's but just use the best one you have for the spell.

1. Anticipated Shots
    2. Blisterbeetle swarm
    3. Dichotomic Fussilade
    4. Wildfire Boon
    5. Desperate Dousing
    6. Shout of the Corpsestalker
    7. Focused Arrowrain
    8. Corpsestalker's Enrichment
    9. Bosquestalker's Alliance
    10. Silent Shot
    11. Summer's Cyclone
    12. Cloudfont

I bound spells 1, 7, and 11 to a key so you can continously spam those spells off cooldown and not have to click the spells. I manage the other spells between spamming the spells and using the melee hotkey which I'll put further down in the guide.

Anticipated > Wildfire Boon > (twincast clicky if able) > Dicho > spam the spells key til the other's refresh. Repeat also spam the kicks hotkey in between.

Silent Shot only useable out of combat requires a CLASS 3 Wood Silver Tip Arrow, good to use at the beginning of the fight if you can get it in right after the tank gets aggro and hope you dont yank it off them if you do cover tracks or pop weaponshield if it's a raid boss or if you can face tank it til they get aggro or you kill it. I'v gotten anywhere for 250k to upwards of 500k from that one shot. And in somefights you drop combat between trash mobs or phases you can get more SS's in for more damage overall.

Kick hotkey:
    /alt activate 15073
    /alt activate 337
    /doability 1
    /di Focused Squall of Blades
    /di Jolting Cut Kicks

This hotkey spams Banestrike, Ferocious Kick, Kick, Focused Squall, Jolting kicks. If you're not max level just implement the lower ranks of these. And if you want to get fancy make a 2nd hotkey like this but use Enraging Cut Kicks if you're tanking.

Burns:
    Pureshot
    Reflexive Nettlespears
    3rd Spire (ONLY if you don't have a zerker in the group)
    2nd Spire (Use if you DO have a zerker)
    1st Spire (Reduces aggro so use if you feel like you're out of fades, I barely use)
    Auspice
    Pack Hunt
    Guardian of the Forest
    Group Guardian of the Forest (use when single fades)
    Outrider's Attack
    Outrider's Accuracy (now stacks with Pureshot)
    Imbued Ferocity
    Chest clicky or if on cd use the Bladewhisper clicky
    Scout's Mastery of the Element's
    Silent Strikes
    Bulwark of the Brownies
    Elemental Arrow
    Scarlet Cheetah Fang

To save time while burning you can make hotkey's of most of these and some of these you want to manage on you're own depending on group make up and event's. Here's 2 hotkey's I made to combine them sometimes due to lag you would have to hit them a few times.

Big Burn 1:
    /alt activate 184
    /alt activate 723
    /alt activate 872
    /useitem 17

Big Burn 2:
    /pause 8, /useitem 32 0
    /alt activate 2235
    /alt activate 838
    /di Reflexive Nettlespears

The bag # would be different for you that just cast my 2.0 I end up tweaking the line up's just have to find what's good for your play style.

Feel free to forward this guide always willing to help rangers out, or send me a tell ingame for questions.

EDIT: I see some people asking what weapons to use generally when I'm using my bow I use Invested Honed Wurmslayer and Invested Tome of Obulus. When I have to melee generally use 2 Hornscale Blades but use Vander's Bane in my offhand when using Imbued Ferocity and Empowered Blades. I've also got 2 Crash's which I sometimes use when I'm boxing for my SK, also have Dral, Edge of Life to mix in there sometimes but the higher proc weapons are usually the ones I go for.
    dinozo_povar and Zipe like this.
  2. dinozo_povar Journeyman

Thanks for sharing.
    Do you ever run Poison Arrows or its counterparts?
    Maybe Frost Arrows instead to use less mana and/or avoid using a debuff slot
  3. Dondon New Member

Thanks! As I just got my ranger to 105 this month I will be testing most of the above out. I'm pretty newbie at this so forgive me if my questions sound dumb.

Two questions:
    1. You mentioned that for tanking you just substituting Enraging Cut Kicks for Jolting Cut Kicks to your main Kick hotkey...is that enough, and do you not have kick on autoskill? Kick is the /doability 1 represented in this macro right? (Maybe I'm missing that autoskill has a built in delay like autofire...?)

2. I've been having issues keeping agro from other melee DPS I've been playing with a lot recently...I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that they do 25%-50% more DPS than me. Is the general idea still that we need to spam Summer's Cyclone...?
  4. Lanedora New Member

For tanking, make sure you have Ferocious Kicks Subtlely disabled. Ferocious Kicks is a ton of agro. I miss it being it's own ability and not tied to kick :(
    Thraine likes this.
  5. Orienn TreeHugger

Sometimes I use flaming arrow but it seems poison does more damage, also depends on your group make up if I have a bard I'll use it sometimes seems like I get more mana back, but when running with out a bard I tend to not use it. Just depends on if you have a fight that mana intensive where I know I'll have the mana to spare to use one of the arrow buffs.

1. The doability 1 is there for regular kick, because I don't think we get automatic kicks from using autofire so I kept it in there to make sure I was still kicking. You can get max melee range and still use jolting and the other kick. I made a gina trigger 'you are to close to shoot this target' to let me know if I'm to close or not its easier to see a message on the screen then looking for a message in the chat box with everything going on. I'm pretty sure the autoskill only works on melee but I could be wrong that was my reasoning for doing it that way.

2. Summers is basically a spell taunt all you have to do is get aggro and spam summers and 9x out of 10 you'll keep it even from tanks unless they do some snap aggro thing. I don't tank much cuz my box is an SK so he does the tanking but when I would be tanking spamming summers is probably the best thing to do since its pretty much on an instant cooldown.
  6. Orienn TreeHugger

Ya I liked it better as being a skill rather than an auto thing as well.
    Thraine likes this.