Ranger Gear Questions

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tarvas, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Is TBM Group gear better than CotF Raid T1 gear?

If yes, is it better to go with what aug (AC v. H/M/E)?

Currently I am just thinking of splitting the difference between AC and H/M/E with Resplendent Spitegem of the Vengeful. I tank for myself more often than not but it seems like I will lose quite a bit of H/M/E if I go straight AC.

I am open to suggestions. Thanks.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There's a reason they abandoned type 9 gear. Too much give and take because they never bothered to balance it. I'd recommend jacking your AC score up using ring and ears the template is very, very broken. The rest, try and loot the highest Dex type 7 piece you can so you don't give up every other stat.
    Thraine likes this.
  3. Thraine Augur

I personally go for all H Dex, then H/M/E then AC in that order. but im also tuning my char to do max dps in a raid setting.

If i were more of a group based ranger, i might shoot for AC or HPs 1st .. Rangers have a AC cap at some point, so since you tank a lot in a group setting, Maybe go for HPs 1st, AC second, and HDex 3rd.

A good rule of thumb is no matter how high your dex is, you dps will be 0 if your dead :)

*edit* also dont underestimate the benefits of using a shield, a shield lets rangers go over the AC cap and greatly increases our survivability, and tbh it only cuts our dps by 30% or so. so sword and board would be the slower, safer path just fyi
  4. fransisco Augur

The effects of heroics on melee damage are so small as to be almost unparsable.
    Concentrating on survival for melee is far better.
  5. Karthos Augur

If you are a group ranger then follow Jhenna's advice. If you want to raid then I'd suggest going for the lower ac/hp tier 2 droppable gear in just about every slot and pushing your heroic dex as high as you can get it.
  6. Brohg Augur

This is false.
  7. Thraine Augur

The 2nd hand info ive heard for years is that rangers have a softcap for their AC, a shield allows them to go over that softcap .. if you know that this info is false then so be it, rangers have no AC cap .. just more 2nd hand info tho :p

*edit* funny thing is i heard this from a very reputable warrior .. now im hearing the opposite from another warrior.

Maybe its time i stop listening to you weird-o's lol
  8. fransisco Augur

All classes have an ac softcap - which is rather low. They are all over it.
    There is no hard ac cap for any classes.

As far as shields - its the same for all classes, that ac goes under the soft cap.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If I'm not mistaken we get like 4 AC out of every 10 AC we get over the cap. Something like that. Someone please correct me if I'm incorrect. ;)

The things that go full over the cap are the above mentioned shield AC and any AC you receive from Tribute buffs.
  10. Brohg Augur

That's all classes, and every character that isn't naked is WAY over their softcap, has been for decades
  11. Thraine Augur

thats great, im happy for all those other classes .. but we are just talking about rangers here, hence the thread title ..
    Ranger Gear Questions
  12. Brohg Augur

Well, snowflake, you in particular and the questioner are way over your softcap and have been for decades. Is that better? (also everyone else in the world, but nevermind them or having complete information. right? because you're special and need a special answer)
  13. Thraine Augur

Awww aint you a sweetheart with the pet names, maybe we can cuddle later :)
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Why are we all fighting! My goodness...