Ranger Dissident Fusillade issue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raptour_MT, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Raptour_MT Elder

I believe the Summers Tempest portion of the Dissident Fusillade needs to be removed and should be replaced with either 1 very large arrow strike or 2 arrow strikes similar to Dissident Fusillade Strike.

Currently, the Ranger Dissident spell is the only one that casts a spell not unique to their Dissident line, it just casts a spell we already know from a previous expansion for an additional mana cost.

[57902/11752] Dissident Fusillade
    Classes: RNG/106
    Skill: Archery
    Mana: 8805
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 19, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate: -13830
    1: Cast: Dissident Fusillade Strike (Highest Rank)
    2: Cast: Summer's Tempest (Highest Rank) {This part will stay the same regardless of progression thereby limiting half our of Dissident to damage from the previous expansion}

This is also an issue with scaling, as our Dissident increases through progression, half of our Dissident spell is limited with damage from a previous expansion and will not scale as further ranks are gained through progression. Changing the Summers Tempest portion to a unique strike spell will remedy this and allow increased ranks of Dissident Fusillade to be useful, as it stands now Rank 1 and Rank 6 are the same for half of our spell.

Thank you
    Hobitses likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

With Summer's in, Dicho/Dissident contribute to fulminating alliances. I think that's a nice feature
  3. Moldar Augur

IT works currently that way it is.

Adding an extra Arrow Nuke to the ability is only going to reduce the damage of the other 2 strikes even further Next iteration of this spell will only be an upgrade at rank 6/6 in terms of dealing more damage.

At this point it is a spell that allows a group of 2 rangers ot be able to consistently with some comunication (either during or prior to) able to still utilize this spell under pureshot and still count towards fulminating Covenants / Alliances
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ranger Dissident is one of the more useful Dissident spells among all classes and will continue to be at level 115. It does it's job well of being a little over powered as was the original intent when Dictomic spells came out in TBM. There is no need for changes in this spell at this time.
  5. Raptour_MT Elder

Wow, reading these responses makes me realize why the ranger as a class has stagnated despite our many issues, some of you have your heads in the sand. What I suggest is fair, reasonable and will help the class overall, yet the fact I have to explain this to you seems many of you prefer to remain cheetah bots for caster groups.

• For alliances/covenants, Summers is a spamable spell with a 0.5-sec cooldown. We don't need it on a Dissident with a 1 min recast. If you are relying on your Dissident to trigger a Covenant you are a fool. The damage is subpar for a Dissident/Dicho and should be replaced with something that scales with increased Dissident ranks.
    • Everyone else's damage will scale with rank 6 Dissident spells, but 50% of ours will not. 50% of our Dissident is limited to a ROS spell we already have. If it was a new fire/cold nuke that would be fine, just don't tack on something we already have with low damage. We already have the lowest base damage nukes of any class.
    • At 115, Dissident Fusillade will be casting a 109 spell with 109 spell damage, it won't cast our 114 version of Summers. Our spell damage does not scale as well as our archery damage. The STRIKE portion, however, will scale better allowing our ARCHERY AA and PURESHOT DISC to increase the damage making it competitive at 115 damage wise if an additional 1 or 2 strikes were added instead of the spell. (preferably 1 large arrow strike)
    • As for overpowered, have you seen what other dissident damage spells do? Ours is in no way a "little overpowered" if anything it is lackluster.
    • Adding an additional arrow strike in place of the spell will not decrease the damage of the original two. Where did you get this idea?
    Replacing the Summers portion of our Dissident with an Archery Attack for (3000 or 3200) with 10000% Accuracy Mod would be (1) an overall damage upgrade, mimicking the trend of other damaging Dissident spells, (2) allow our Dissident to scale from rank 1 to 6, right now half of the spell does not scale and (3) allow it to carry on being viable next expansion whether they decide to increase levels or not.
  6. Sancus Augur

That's inaccurate. Only flat effects scale rank to rank, anything % based does not. The main damage component of Magician Dicho, for example, is the hit damage modifier, which is the same at Dicho 1 as it is at Dissident 6. For Beastlords (another example I know offhand), the new Dissident is inferior to their old Dicho in some situations, as the vast majority of the effects remain unchanged rank to rank, despite the mana cost on the new Dissident being higher.

I don't really care if the Ranger one gets changed or not, but I think you have an inaccurate perception of the degree to which other Dicho/Dissident spells scale rank to rank.
  7. Brohg Augur

If you're skipping hypothetically archery-only Dissident casts to fulminate a Covenant, then you're losing power. The current version obviates that trade-off.

Your assertion that the increasing power of higher ranked Dissident Fussilades isn't balanced with other Dissident abilities is highly suspect. Numerous Dicho/Dissis have just one part that scales on top of their effects that are consistent rank 1-6.

Beastlords have lower base damage nukes.

That Dichotomic Fusillade continued to cast the lower Summers through RoS didn't keep rangers from being one of the very tippy top burn dps classes through the expansion.

"OP" is a pretty subjective evaluation, but you really ought to check out the total damage done by a Fussilade cast. Maybe get with Jhenna_BB in game, or use the ranger serverwide channel? Bonus internet points if you include a link to Bifold Focus in your conversation
  8. Pirlo Augur

and mages and bards everywhere weeped
    Jhenna_BB, Brohg and Sancus like this.
  9. Fintank Augur

Ranger Dicho/Dissident is great, literally the 2nd (sometimes 3rd) best DPS one.

List of DPS Class Dichotomic/Dissidents that do more DPS than Ranger version:
    Berserkers
    Necromancers (Sometimes)

List of DPS Class Dichotomic/Dissidents that do less DPS than Ranger version:
    Monks
    Rogues
    Wizards (Most of the time)
    Magician (Do mages even buy Dissident lol?)
    Beastlords (Group ADPS ability, doesn't really count)
    Bards (Group ADPS/Regen ability, doesn't really count)

I think at worst having the 3rd best Dichotomic/Dissident in terms of DPS is a pretty awesome spot to be as a hybrid class.
    Tucoh, Jhenna_BB and Pirlo like this.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Omg get a grip, man. You really used the word stagnate about Rangers? I agree that sometimes rangers get a bit snippy with each other on the boards over things. A simple disagreement about the effectiveness of a spell - a very good spell at that - is not to be confused with the griefing, epeening and in general being a dink to each other the Ranger class has been to each other on these boards since around the SCRM nerf.

I. Don't. Agree. With. You.

It's just that simple. I'm allowed to disagree and say why I disagree.

Mana is the number 1 concern for the Ranger class at this time. We don't have enough of it, we can't recover any of it. Dissident Fusillade and how the spell works is just is not a concern Rangers should have at this time. The spell is awesome.
    Tarvas likes this.
  11. Fintank Augur

I have it on good authority that Behelit agrees Ranger Dicho should = Berserker Dicho! Direct quote unavailable due to it's explicit nature in "nurturing" Rangers.
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Mana is my overriding concern right now. I wish I had more of it. I wish people had more ways to get it to me. Magicians need a true death stick to hand out. Something like a 150k hp for 50k mana would be nice.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

Yeah, I'm not having this. The Beastlord spell is absolutely awesome all of the time except when they have something better running and just gets better the more melee and pets you have in the group.