Ranger Disc/AA Ideas

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Turoq, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Turoq Journeyman

New Discipline:
    Pureshot Disc Uprade - Been quite a while since we've seen an Archery Damage upgrade
    (Lvl55 - 105% / Lvl80 - 135% / Lvl85 - 166% / Lvl90 - 183% / Lvl100 - 190%) 'Listed all Rk. III's where able'.

Existing AA:
    Veteran's Wrath - Allow Archery to be part of the weapon skills that are applicable to the damage bonus, currently only allows the "Seven standard weapon skills" (1HB, 2HB, 1HS, 2HS, 1HP, 2HP, H2H).

Trick Shot - Ranks to increase the chance of archery attacks to 'Triple Attack' instead of its current state of just 'Double Attack'.

New AA:
    Flurry of Arrows - Passive: Add the potential to perform a flurry with Archery attacks (Would require the change to 'Trick Shot' to allow a Triple attack, from what I read/understand the check rolls as follows '1st hit > Double Atk check > Triple Atk check > Flurry check') Or the entirety of this could be all rolled into solely a 'Trick Shot' AA upgrade.

Ferocious Arrow - Passive: Similar to Ferocious Kick however would proc off of our "Focused Arrow" line (Timer 5 / 12s Recast) and would proc 'Outrider's Fury' which would provide an increase to Archery Damage Modifier by 20% for 30s (5 ticks).

Kithicor's Storm - Passive: Would allow, 'Focused Squall of Blades/Squall of Blades' lines (Disc Timer 6 / 12s Reuse) to potentially proc "Kithicor's Storm" on yourself/group which provides HHE similar to 'Quick Time', Decrease weapons delay by 15% for 12s (2 ticks).

Kithicor's Blessing - Activated: Similar to Monks 'Swift Tails' Chant', however to return mana instead of endurance. Casts "Kithicor's Blessing" on your party, increasing current mana by 5000 and 'Lifetap' mana from Weapon Damage by 0.3% for 60s (10 ticks), 10 minute reuse.

Frenzied Arrows - Activated: Reduces recast timer on all 'Arrow' spells by 50% for 60s (10 ticks), 20 minute reuse.

Fixes:
    Procs from archery - Many 'given' procs currently don't function with archery attacks (Lion's Roar / Bard's 'Suffering' / Bard's 'Arcane' / Bard's 'Spiteful') Would be really nice to see those function from Archery.

Allow 'Copsestalker's Enrichment' to be MGB'able.

Allow 'Gift of Mana' procs to work in conjunction with spells while under the effects of "Scarlet Cheetah Fang".
    Dartaniun1 and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Daedly Augur

What about an AA that you can activate that would lower melee damage to 0. Which also applys a proc, with 100% proc rate, to your melee swings that does archery damage using what you normally would do with a bow as the base damage.

Kind of like a ranger grabbing an arrow in both hands and using them up close.

If it's a dumb idea, and it probably is, I would appreciate a response along the lines of..... "You have failed this Forum!"
  3. Pleides Ranger of Fellowship Of Justice. EMarr

Go to the top of the class------- You Have Failed This Forum :)

All my love

Pleides (FoJ) E.Marr
    Daedly likes this.
  4. roth Augur

TC, Ranged Finesse already does what you want Veteran’s Wrath to do. You might be better off asking for RF to be consolidated into VW. But I”m not sure I’d get my hopes up.

Given that they have turned us into a “nuking/shooting class capable of melee” instead of a “melee class arable of ranged” I’d rather see them revisit out mana usage and recovery. Otherwise, I’m very happy with where we are.

I’d have to look over some parses to be sure, but something tells me that once you move the Forecasted/Focuses/Dichotomic archery hits into “spells” instead of “archery” (since they ARE mana-based attacks, that happen to use a different mechanic for determining damage than, say, Frigid Wind) we are far closer to a melee-capable wizard than we are a nuke-capable warrior, in terms of damage source. Our mana pool and mana use does not reflect this currently, but as I said, I suspect our damage output does.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm sure the Bow Disc will be in whatever side step non level up expansion they see fit given the last time it was upgraded it was a side step to level 100 in Call of the Forsaken.

I really like all of Turoq's ideas, especially addressing our need for mana recovery.

I'll just add an idea for an AA that could be used well for other classes too, I've posted this before but I'll try again:

An AA that allows all 3 timers of Wind spells (Frigid Boon, Frigid Wind & Windgale Wind) and Ash spells (Skyfire Boon, Skyfire Ash & Wildfire Ash) to be cast out off our spellbooks off casts of Summer's (Tempest) line. Attach the casts for Wind off the Ice line of Summer's and Ash off the fire line of Summer's. These spells go largely unused - for me personally I stopped mem'ing these spells during House of Thule Era and never looked back. They have no resist adj, have too long a recast and Summer's line will out damage them because there's two lines to roll for hits and they have a resist adj. We also use Summer's to trigger Alliance Fulminations those of us that raid. This would give these spells some use, despite the recast timers.
    Dartaniun1 and Turoq like this.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Id like to also see an aura, 10% accuracy increase for group members... Nothing game breaking but keeps it in line with other class auras.

And I also like Turoq's ideas
    Daedly likes this.
  7. Turoq Journeyman

That's an interesting idea, I agree there is literally no use for those lines of spells anymore even though they keep adding their upgrades every expansion. Would be nice to breath some life into them, even if it's just for a short amount of time via an AA. Although asking for six extra casts rolled into one might be a little much, maybe like just the two current Fire/Ice (Boon/Ash) counterparts. Something like...?

(If it was current)
    New AA:
    Summer's Fury - Activated: Causes "Summer's Tempest" to also cast the best version of Skyfire Boon, Skyfire Ash, Frigid Boon, Frigid Wind for 30s (5 ticks), 10 minute reuse.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Raptour_MT Elder

Honestly, all we need is a new ranged disc with a 10-12 min reuse on it, most of our issues would be fixed, except for mana. They need to fix our mana consumption.
  9. Monkman Augur

Move wildstalker disc to separate timer and I would be happy
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It never hurts to ask for upgrades - you never know what other classes may receive in BETA that will knock our class down a peg or two. The worst that can happen is the Devs say no.
  11. smash Augur

I think that when an expansion gets out to beta, the devs already knows by 99% of the powers that will come into the game, and not bringing things in at last time, which shows planning

Now about expansions in general, if wanna get new types of power, then the expansions without level increase, there better chance of getting a new type of power, than when level increase, you likely to get increased versions of old powers.

Out of the 99%, they know what will come, they however only start with likely 90% of those because they know that people always want more, so 90% and then around 9% to increase to the players, as they barter with the players.

this just like when you on a marked and wanna sell something as epensive as possible and the other person wanna buy as cheap as possible, so you 2 barter back and forth and meet a compromise. If DBG started out with 100%, then they would likely end with 110% of what they really wanted to
  12. Greymantle Augur

How about an AA that let us use archery at point blank range.
    One that converts Endurance into Mana .
  13. Dartaniun1 New Member

AA
    Passive - For the Love of Tunare: Ties 2 shoes to an arrow, increasing the range of Jolting/Enraging Kicks by 100.
    Turoq and Jhenna_BB like this.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Holy crap that's funny and I want it at the time!
  15. Greymantle Augur

Ohh thought of another one, how about an AA that will allow head shot to hit even cons ?