Ranger box

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Xatt, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Xatt Journeyman

Any peeps out here box 3 rangers and use their alliance? Thinking about trying it out.
  2. Derka Power Ranger

I'm sure it's entirely doable with certain software but you'd probably end up completely underutilizing the class just to get big hits off.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Who boxes 3 rangers...
  4. fransisco Augur

The mixed utility of 3 different classes tends to bring alot more to the table
  5. Dreadmore Augur

Is that the extent of your question? Just wondering if anybody does it?

I've seen people boxing with three berserkers, three rogues, and three wizards. I use two wizards myself. The alliance really helps with group content as it takes as much as 40% HP (estimating) off even tier 2 ROS mobs. Great for lesson burns or just simply wanting to get through mobs quickly.

I don't know what the costs are for the ranger alliance, but I prefer wizards myself over melee because I can cast them for free off of gift of mana procs, whereas it is probably a heavy drain on melee endurance with no gift of mana equivalent. Caster mercenaries can also contribute toward that alliance.
  6. Xatt Journeyman

I have maxed out my mage box team.(sk mage mage mage chanter)
    I am bored and thought a ranger group would be more of a challenge. Hmmm maybe I should make a single ranger and group with people :p
  7. Quatr Augur

Group with PEOPLE?!? :eek:
  8. Tucoh Augur

Re: Rangers and archery: I got frustrated trying to use my boxed ranger's archery, because /autofire is a toggle and there's no command to guarantee it's on. This gets annoying because Everquest has trouble reliably firing social macros and turning off autoattack when a mob dies.

if you've got a good set of three rangers you're going to be killing quickly and will have to find some way to quickly and efficiently synchronize their autofire.

I've had good success with my ranger just using melee though.
  9. Fohpo Augur

Just meleeing really limits a rangers DPS though =(
    Tucoh likes this.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Just using autofire and any sort of marco makes a ranger suck. A ranger needs to be hitting a button about once per second to do decent.
  11. Raptour_MT Elder

Three ranger boxes is a waste of 45 bucks, would be better off throwing it into a dumpster fire. Or, you could take those 3 accounts and make some useful classes, the non ranger ones :)