Ranger and Beastlord DPS Help

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Badname3245, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Looking for someone to help explain how to get the most out of these two classes in a raid setting. I have seen parses from both burning for 2.4-3m dps on super short burn fights and sustaining 1M for many ToL raids. Yet I never see anything even close to that from our team. Often maybe seeing middle teens short burn and 500-700k as absolute best case sustained which seems 50% behind what is possible.

Assuming they are going all hdex and have raid support of bard, shaman, ber, beast, ranger, melee in group. And a few other sk and bards in raid for lots of Funeral Dirge and T'Yv chains.

How can a ranger and beastlord hit those numbers?
  2. Cadira Augur

Beast:

Once you receive FE, Quicktime, and Shaman epic, hit the following:
    1. Bestial Alignment, Spire, Vindication, Frenzy of Spirit, Bloodlust, Bestial Bloodrage, Frenzied Swipes. Use your 2hb for this burn. Hit Dicho for your group.
    When Dicho fades, hit Ruaabri's Fury. When Ruuabri's Fury fades, hit Dicho again. When that dicho fades, hit forceful and dicho again so your group gets almost 2 minutes of the HHE.
    2. When Bestial Alignment fades, hit Savage Rancor. This will fill the entire 2m duration of Frenzy of Spirit with some kind of big hit modifier.
    3. When Savage and Spirit Frenzy fade, swap to one handed weapons and cast feralgia to get the hit modifier (if you have a bard casting warmarch, feralgia can prob be ignored).
    4. When you receive next set of epics, hit Ferociousness.
    5. On third set of epics, hit Group Bestial Alignment.
    6. Keep Growl buff on in between any of these buffs, otherwise don't cast it (although bard warmarch makes it mostly useless).
    7. When Full burns (12m stuff specifically) are back up, wait for fresh FE and Shaman epic and hit em again. Rinse and Repeat.

Keep three dots on all mobs you can, spam nukes and dicho, spam dots instead during vindication's duration if your mana can keep up, etc, common sense stuff I probably don't need to mention.
    TsiawdMS likes this.
  3. strongbus Augur

do you have pars showing what and when they are cast for disc/aa/spells? As a bst i can get close to those numbers(best i done is 2m dps and 1m on normal. but its a drain on mana so i have to pick and chose what spells to use when different disc are up to get the max out of them. as well as using every mana return/regen thing i can to keep mana up. as well as make sure i am timing alliance spells with the other bst in raid so we don't over right each other.
  4. Fintank Augur

My post on the Freelance boards has most of the information needed in it for raiding. There are a few new things here and there that I haven't updated the post with yet. I typically update it with whatever information I find throughout new content, those updates seem to come later and later each year though lol.

How to Ranger *Claws of Veeshan Edition* (eqfreelance.net)
    https://discord.gg/84KKsvRP73

Discord link also provided. A bit more of an "immediate" answer to questions or just a playing field to lob around ideas with others.
    Bartlesen likes this.
  5. fortuneteller Augur

You mention FE, what is that short for ?
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Fierce Eye, bard AA. Max rank:

1: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 17%
    2: Increase Critical Hit Damage by 34% of Base Damage
    3: Increase Worn Proc Rate by 300%
    4: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 17%
    5: Increase Hit Damage by 34% (v459)
    6: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 17%
    7: Increase Chance to Critical DoT by 17%
    11: Increase Critical Nuke Damage by 17% of Base Damage
    12: Increase Spell Damage by 13% (v507, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    13: Limit Max Level: 120 (lose 100% per level)
    14: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    15: Limit Class: ALL
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Bartlesen Lorekeeper

Found this very informative for playing catch up since I haven't raided since CotF, thanks!
  8. Gnomereaper Augur

First thing you need to take out your morpher and yell, "IT'S MORPHIN TIME!"

Then, using your bow on /autofire scream as loud as you can PEW PEW PEW.