Random zones breaking

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ketzerei84, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

So, I've done every step that deybreak games has said to, then every step everybody else told me to. I've deleted and validated game files, I've done a full uninstall and reinstall. Here's the breakdown: 5 days ago Nexus broke for me. I couldn't load any characters into the zone, any time I tried to I got a black screen "The Server Is Not Responding" followed by "You Have Been Disconnected"... now, Nexus works for me, and Iceclad Ocean is the zone this happens to me in. It doesn't matter what character, what time of day, any attempt to enter gets me a frozen client or a black screen as above. I am not boxing, and have tested this on my windows install my linux install running through wine AND on my friend's laptop now - which tells me this isn't client side, but ofc DBG isn't going to admit any such thing so - community, wtf can I do besides rageuit EverQuest?
  2. Grove Augur

This has happened to me two, maybe three times in my long experience with EverQuest. I get any character out of the zone with the "return home" option. Then avoid the zone. I find that the situation corrects itself with the passage of time. This could be weeks.
  3. Febb Augur

What server is this happening on?
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

There was a stretch of time (like several months) where I would get a disconnect on my accounts any time I tried to zone into Degmar or Argin-hiz. I could log back in and my toons would be in that zone and I could play as normal. I did all the standard troubleshooting (deleting zone files, validating, etc.), but it never fixed the problem. Then, one day out of the blue, it stopped happening and hasn't been a problem since.