Random loot completely Broken??

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Veteranplayer, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Veteranplayer Apprentice

We cleared WW DZ tonight and almost every single dragon dropped its own loot? was the random loot SEVERELY nerfed out of existance for some reason?
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Veteranplayer Apprentice

just finished our DZ - Von the dragon spawned 3 times in a DZ and tantor spawned 3 times also.. very ood? and there was almost ZERO loot from outside the loot tables these baby dragons normally drop. Did the new "tier" system just nuke the entire point of the server????
  3. TheGoblin Elder

The new tier systems isn't even in place yet - that's coming Monday. What you are seeing now is the Mischief loot system broke or exactly how people want it and don't want it "fixed"
  4. Sunriver Journeyman

False. No one has clamored for mobs that only drop their own loot or drop no loot at all.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Gnothappening likes this.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

7. Sunriver Journeyman

8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Now again, I wouldn't call this clamoring, but there are people who are happy enough to have some mobs drop nothing or junk on occasion.
  9. Sunriver Journeyman

The first one you quote was tongue-in-cheek, especially when you see his other posts, and the second one was obviously sarcastic. Two posts out of 13 pages when there were many many more saying that this kind of no loot outcome should be avoided.

So, it's somewhat disingenuous to paint the thread as if people don't want any fixes related to this simply because one or two comments. The thread is better characterized as people who want tier restrictions versus those who want none or much more lax tier restrictions.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. AngryKing Elder

I think most logical people can come to terms with getting a bad table roll on a upper tier mob as it is the nature of the server. Getting a roll on a table that has no items at all on the other hand is pretty terrible design. The guy claiming it is perfect has a huge pikachu signature and thinks drops should be based on lore, so safe to say his input was doa.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'd agree with your statement characterizing the other thread, however the point of those quotes wasn't to be disingenuous but to refute your previous comment saying no one was clamoring for mobs to drop nothing, and while I will once again point out that these people may not be clamoring for it, there are people who are perfectly fine with the thought that sometimes randomly you'll get skunked on a raid boss. After reading the other thread I kind of like the idea of every raid mob being able to drop any item randomly and the difficulty/tier or the mob deciding how many drops they have.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So when we get to later expansions where T2 raids are harder than T3 raids, are you going to be happy with T2 raids dropping more loot than T3?
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

A mischief server that does mischief say it ain't so....

Next server can be the boring same old same old server.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

So they lean into tiers for those expansions instead of "difficulty"? Lots of events in later expansions are cheeseable by 1-2 groups and lots are so cumbersome or annoying that they only get done for the purposes of flagging enough of the guild past that tier and never go back to them again.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

:rolleyes:
    So your happy for the easier events in later expansions to drop the better loot? If so then what is the problem with easier events in Velious also dropping better loot?
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Nothing? The first post of mine you quoted from this thread was me saying I liked the idea of everything dropping everything just in differing quantities..
  17. Gnomie Denser than most

They will likely slowly make changes to make Mischief more and more like a normal server, that way it's a almost completely a vanilla TLP server by the time the new TLP drops.

Look at Aradune, the "one box" server. People are running around with box armies now, and nothing is being enforced. That's because they don't care about Aradune anymore, it's not a money maker.

Sleeper has been awakened on the past few TLP's (Definitely on Rizlona, high suspicion on mischief given the randomness) by keyless zone-warp hackers. The same folks who had Plane of Knowledge achievements in Kunark. Nothing was done, because it doesn't pay the bills to police things like that, even if it does make the server less enjoyable for legitimate players.

They don't make money by people staying on a TLP, after all. They make it from the surge of bag purchases and everyone jumping around TLP to TLP each year. That's why they keep making new ones.

DPG is a business. End of story. Can't fault them for wanting to make money.
  18. Triconix Augur

That's not really accurate. You can make new bag purchases without migrating from TLP to TLP. New yearly expansions allow for new mount/bag purchases. They can make "new" bag sets to be bought whenever they choose to. Don't act like it's some requirement to get TLP players to migrate servers in order for them to make money.

If DPG didn't make money with people staying on their servers, live would've died well before TLPs even existed. Last I checked, live is coming out with a new expansion this year. DPG will make plenty of money with these players staying on their respective servers.

As for raid mobs dropping nothing: I don't see how one can promote global random loot of raid bosses, but simultaneously condemn when they drop nothing. If that's a part of global randomness, then so be it. If you want a chance at BIS gear from single groupable targets then why not have a chance to get nothing?