Random long zone times

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jondalar, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Jondalar Augur

3 accounts. installed on different drives. Randomly zone times on random accounts taking forever or never happening. Started today. Anyone else seeing similar behavior?
  2. Jondalar Augur

This is now showing other issues. When running launcher the play button/installing is never showing up.... sometimes.
  3. Esero Elder

Yes I was having this issue post-July patch which led to sometimes 3-4 minute zoning times.. My HDD seemed to be in healthy shape and my latency wasn't any different than usual (120-130ms - DSL QQ..) but this occured mostly in instanced zones, but it wasn't exclusive to them.

I installed an SSD which was a good investment that I wanted to make regardless and it did help getting most zone times to 10-20 seconds but there is still the occasional lengthy wait for the zone files to begin loading, granted the wait is much less significant than before due to using the SSD as my boot drive.

I thought it could be a UI/XML error issue but I don't really notice any difference between that and swapping to default.
  4. Jondalar Augur

2 of my installs are on ssd drives and 1 is the boot drive. It happens on all of them and JUST started yesterday. Im running some scans now since this sounds exclusive to me. Yay