Random Crashes When Opening Chests in Missions

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Syylke_EMarr, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This seems to be a semi-random but fairly common occurrence. At least one person will crash almost every time we open a CoV mission chest. From my experience, it's a direct crash to desktop with no errors or anything along those lines. The client just closes.
    Yinla and Cadman like this.
  2. Cadman Elder

Seeing the same on Zlandi at least.

Same person every time.

Appears to be when they interact with the adv loot window
  3. Raccoo Augur

Is it related to other people leaving the raid while the LD person is interacting with the advloot tool?
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

For us, it's specifically related to the group missions. Shortly after the Advanced Loot window pops up, one to two people will crash to desktop. Not the same people every time and not the same missions for any specific person.

It's worth noting that my guild does not typically use Advanced Loot on raids so I'm unsure if it happens in raid situations.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

How big are those folks adv loot text files? As a test, while logged out temporarily rename the AG/AN/Nvr/Rnd files in userdata and run a mission. If they don't crash then the files are too large and need to be pruned, or maybe theres a corrupted entry and it needs to be rebuilt.