Raise Heroic characters to 100

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You make a valid point. I said four days without any context - so here goes: it took roughly 10 hours played to go from 85 to 100 MOLO, questing and killing along the way, starting in HoT and ending in VoA.

In counterpoint, your reference to "terrible players" also gives no context - terrible at what, exactly? I can only presume this was an asinine attempt at trolling me into a FQ-esque response. It didn't work.

Crap content for one person is enjoyable for another. I, for one, am thrilled you aren't a part of the content creation-making process.

To your question underlined, I don't have any problem letting other players start there. My problem is with the amount of Dev time diverted from other tasks in order to set up the HC for lvl XXX. The Devs have stated repeatedly that this is a major undertaking and would consume a not insignificant amount of resources.

You actually have 15 characters at 110? WOW!
  2. Laronk Augur

I do spread over 6 accounts it might just be 14 I'd have to go check.

I don't think what you did is crap content, to me the "terrible" players I talk about go grab a level 85 then they run to FM and leech off a group that just adds them because people are pretty friendly. You, you're actually playing the game doing things. 10 hours 85-100 moloing on a warrior is actually pretty good.

Even though I often box, I hope the next expansion has some moloable hunter missions with decent rewards (currency and 50 aa or something) so that players have more to do while LFG.

You doing 85-100 Molo in 10 hours on a warrior with no gear upgrades from your heroic stuff is way more impressive then me having a bunch of high level characters.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Tear of Alaris is a weird thing to include in there.
  4. Tucoh Augur

5. Allayna Augur

Mines done, x2 toons. But personally I know that I would never want to complete it again if I started over on another toon, unless maybe that heroic started with level 10 tear. It also fits since RoF introduced the level 100 expansion. Also, I included that particular reward in my suggestion because it would entice active membership to make the purchase just for the upgrade to heroic AAs and tear in some instances.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

More people should like this idea. The level 10 tear isn't just handing you the best reward and helps bridge the gap a bit for not being able to get XP for too long killing Alaran to advance the tear.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Thanks. It was mostly due to a judicious use of LotD, good buffs (thanks Lobby buffers!)
  8. Whulfgar Augur

If they raise the level cap of hero toons. That means they over came the issue they claimed they could not before regarding them. That being the time and amount of resources it would take to overhaul them in the first place.

If they could they would. Being they can't for the same reasons I mentioned before. I'd rather them leave the hero toon alone an concentrat on more better expansion content.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't think they are overhauling the current HC...I think a new version will be created. Legendary Character - Probably around 100 or 105, many achievements/quests already completed, 20kAA , bags, cash, mount, currency, and probably cost 5000 DBC. I think they should all have pink names, too, but I digress.
    Teylana and Metanis like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Bwhahahahahahahahah
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Metanis like this.
  11. Teylana Elder

Your 2 cents, Jay? ;)
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  12. Allayna Augur

That exact sentiment was brought up during the advent of the autogrant AA ability.
    There would be starbellied sneeches and those without stars...
  13. Fian Augur

Next expansion will raise level cap to 115. Current level 85 heroic char will still be able to group with 115. I think it is important to ensure that heroic char are able to group with the highest level in game. So before level cap is raised to 120, I think upgrading heroic char to 100 would make sense. So does it have to be done some time during next expansion? Probably not, but within the next 2 years, I think they will need to upgrade heroic.
  14. smash Augur

Unless they increase the gap, then they can delay it.
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The reason why level 100 is the one most point to as being when it would happen is because when Heroic characters were first introduced they were also 15 levels below the level cap at the time of their introduction.
    Allayna likes this.