Raise Heroic characters to 100

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Jul 25, 2018.

1. xcitng Augur

A lot of players, and returning players are not even level 100 yet, many cannot afford to buy the heroic characters. Would that be fair to them? Would it be fair to the ones that already bought the heroic characters to level 85 and can't afford to buy it again? Would that be fair to them? No to all!!
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. So Happy Augur

I like this idea, no need for SoE to rework anything. Maybe toss in the game/gear currency like Cadira says.
  3. So Happy Augur

Not much in life is fair. At least level 85 HCs can group with the newer 100-105 HCs. New non HC players starting out are no more put out then they were previously.
  4. xcitng Augur

It would be very discouraging to many to see the people with enough rl money to advance so easily while they struggle to get there.
  5. DaciksBB Augur

Couldn't they just delete the heroic character and make it again if the level that heroic characters start at is increased
    Prepared likes this.
  6. So Happy Augur

I agree and disagree with this. HCs are already established, so the gap already exists. Adding a few more levels to the situation would not change things enough to make the situation worse. Just my opinion.

The fact that they advertise HCs as an item to allow "instant access to high level content" should necessitate an upgrade or a way to upgrade to actually get to experience high level content. I feel that level 85 content is no longer high level content so I believe a change is warranted.

I'm on a fixed income myself so I understand where you are coming from, but to me, that ship sailed the day they put in HCs.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Would you want to delete and remake a character that you have completed progression on if you had to redo it all again?
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If the progression is fun enough, sure.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The problem at those levels isn't if the content is fun or not but finding people that are also doing it or willing to help.
    snailish likes this.
  10. snailish Augur

Bingo.

Heroic 85 puts you in a dead zone of leveling 86-100 with groups of others your level. It's the new 1-20 newbie grind circa Velious (no one doing it in serious numbers, no new zones for it). If the best work-around is the get powerlevelled in a group with higher characters... why prolong the barrier?

Level cap increases have been slow since 85 was put in... if you are still working to level to 100+ then leveling to 100+ isn't a priority for you. I say this as a person that hasn't managed to be at level cap since GoD was new content (man.... that is a long time ago). I have no issue with someone buying a heroic character @ 100 and surpassing my best character in levels/gear/AA.
  11. Dropfast Augur

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or anything. It would be nice for them to eventually bump them up to 100 or whatever but it's still the single worst time to ask for it. They are waist deep in the new expansion right now, and like the Dev said it's just not going to happen right now. Try again in like 4-6 months when they are less swamped. :cool:
  12. DaciksBB Augur

15 levels and gear for 100 or progression, which would you take
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That depends on what was done so far. It could only be a few levels and depending on what gear you have picked up it the gear could be worse overall.
  14. Pirlo Augur

All this talk is great but....

Didn't you see Ngreths post on this?
    He said the time and resources to make heroic characters to level 100 is not trivial and a huge undertaking and would take time away from the new expansion .

Not happening
    Reht likes this.
  15. So Happy Augur

The forum is for discussion and were are discussing. Why does it matter to you? Nice KO pic btw. :)
  16. Pirlo Augur

Hehe thanks, I actually have to change my signature to something more bullet Club related since they made KO a jobber basically /sigh but I digress

Don't get me wrong, I love the discussion. But they basically said no due to resources.
  17. enclee Augur

Honestly, this is the best time to talk about it. There’s the new expansion buzz, some returning players are going to be looking at the game, to check it out. In less than 6 months will be the 20th anniversary, which will get some more looks at the game.

A heroic character is 3500 SC, an expansion is almost the same price. So, why wouldn’t Daybreak be thinking that now is the time to adjust the heroic character level. People will be more likely to buy a 100+ character than a 85 character, because they can more quickly access the newest expansion.

It would be smart to run an expansion, heroic character, and subscription bundles into one of the purchase options.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. bigpapa Augur

heroic char level 85 are undergeared ( check level 85 TBM armors in comparaison ), they could have that kind of armors NP imo ** at least **, and a better merc .

specially if ------------------------->>>>
  19. Geroblue Augur

I think you mean Daybreak. SOE is long gone from here.
  20. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Lvl 100 plz k thx bye