Rain of Terror spell graphic looks like a little bag

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mukkul, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Mukkul Augur

In the zone Temple of Cazic-Thule, when a Tae Ew bloodcaller casts the spell Rain of Terror (spell ID 2137), a small brown bag (which is the default icon for visible objects that have no defined graphic) appears at the location of its target. This is much more obvious when its target is an enchanter pet, because enchanter pets are mostly air. Or if you simply move backwards whenever the spell is cast on you, you can see the little bag hanging in mid air. The bag disappears when the Rain of Terror spell has finished raining.

[IMG]
    Froglok and Schadenfreude like this.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

This also happens with certain player triggered effects that I assume use an invisible NPC to trigger the effect. I see it with Call of the Ancients (Shaman healing ward) now and then.
    Froglok likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some spell graphics have been bugged since before Prathun left, I remember having a chat with him about them. Think it started in ToV, first noticed it during ToFS1 raid.
    Froglok likes this.
  4. Froglok Augur

Yes, I think it was ToV when this started.

While the bag can tell you where the central point of the spell / spell effect is, the biggest issue is that the Bag is still visible even when you turn off spell effects in an effort to reduce lag.

We call NPC's with no assigned graphic a Doug... since it defaults to a human.

We need a name for spells that have no assigned spell-graphic that default to bags. Do the Devs have a name for this?

A failed spell cast is commonly called a Fizzle, but this is not a failed cast situation, but a failed graphic effect. If you have ever did Griklor and look up as he flies about, he seems to poop bags. Which reminds one of the common Halloween prank (or maybe it's just that time of year).

So, maybe combine these can call them Poozle Bags. :)