Rain of Fear Tier 2 weapons need tuning

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by trickor, Dec 3, 2012.

1. trickor Journeyman

RoF tier 2 group weapons are tuned wrong or poorly. I made a formula that they should be changed to and listing it below.

Hand to hand weapons - Quake Fist , Terror's fist and Iceblade knuckles original ratio is 89/19 change to 90/18 or 100/19.

1 hand pierce weapons - Filth-covered shiv, Shifting Shanker are 83/20 change to 89/20.. Sticky Dagger is 82/19 change to 86/19.

1 hand slash weapons- Strength of the Legions, Surgeon General, Gentleman's Sword are 92/22 change to 100/22

1 hand blunt - Blazing hammer of destruction and Mace of the Oasis are 96/23 change to 104/23

2 hand slash - Panic Attack orig 223/35 please change to 239/35

2 hand blunt - Strength of Valor original 181/30 .. This is a definite mistake its basically the same as a VoA tier 4 group weapon. Should be 245/36. Never has a 2 hand blunt had 30 delay since SoD as well.

2 hand pierce - Dragoncold Lance Original is 181/30 again ratio equivalent to voa tier 4 no upgrade. Please change to 207/30.

That's the basic formula. People will probably still not be happy since it looks like weapons were copied and pasted since every 1 hand slash and 1 hand blunt has the same exact ratio same as the 2 piercers. No effort even looks to be involved, some weapons should be for instance one be 104/23... The other one 100/23 with 6 cold damage and the third 98/23 with lure of ice a good proc. Just something because its not that great what it is now. Weapons need a lot more effort involved.
  2. Hatsee Augur

Care to explain your reasoning here?

If they are all upgrades then you wont get anything done, people tried in beta and you haven't said anything here that wasn't said before.

If your reason is stagnation is bad then get in line, we were told this doesn't matter. It was intended.
  3. Hdoil New Member

You are suggesting some pretty major weapons upgrades without giving any reasons as to why you believe those upgrades are required.

Dont get me wrong, I dont disagree that weapons could be looked at again but I think if you are going to argue for changes of that magnitude you should probably illustrate how you arrived at those numbers and why you think those changes are warranted.
  4. Nenton Augur

Element of Punishment (UF) = 57+6/19 = 3.316
    Shadow Warden’s Rapier (HoT) = 70+8/20 = 3.9 (+17.6%)
    Venomtooth (VoA) = 86+10/21 = 4.57 (+17%)
    Sticky Dagger (RoF) = 82+10/19 = 4.84 (+6%)

Those are the last few rogue only piercers with dmg augs for those expansions. In my particular group makeup, my wiz was dropping 80k+ dps named burn parses yesterday (one broke 90k, druid/enchanter support) compared to rogue's 25k-32k (no support) which makes going after a 6% weapon dps increase pretty uninteresting. I've never had an opportunity to parse rogue with more support than a bard so I don't know his full burn potential with group weapons but either way, 6% isn't a very enticing carrot.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

6% is better than no %. How does it workout in combination with the rest of your abilities?