Rain of Fear Beta Membership Requirements

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

Sign-ups are underway for the EverQuest® Rain of Fear ™ expansion beta!

This year, beta will be available exclusively to Gold and All Access Members. Only those with Gold or All Access membership will be considered from the pool of potential beta testers.

In addition to having a Gold or All Access membership, when you sign up to participate in beta, you agree to the Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) terms. You must be a Gold or All Access member and must read and accept the full NDA before you get placed into the beta pool.

Ready to sign up for beta? Click here to get started!
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Gold or Gold reaccuring membership ?
  3. Eandolf Elder

I can't say I am surprised by this. I had hoped the last week or something they would open it up for everyone, seems almost like the premier pre-start programs most MMOs are going to.
  4. jarsh92 Elder

I figured they would change their minds on this......
  5. Ishtass Augur

Smart move, imo
    Beauman Ironchef and Straahdx like this.
  6. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

so are you under NDA before you are actually accepted?
  7. RekMMO Lorekeeper

I signed up for beta while I didn't have a Gold subscription. If I upgrade to Gold do I have to resubmit? Or will my submission automatically get in the pool?
  8. Emarinn Elder

What an excellent way to punish those who have gone Silver due to financial reasons. Just because we're not currently gold doesn't lessen the knowledge non-Gold accounts have of the game, nor does it diminish the value of the input given.
  9. Bigbear Augur

i for one am very glad that they are doing beta this way... while i hate to hear of others falling on hard times and that they choose to be free or silver members because of that... i dont think they should be given the same consideration on beta than those of us that still pay dearly to play this game... to me it would be a far bigger crime to not be in beta as a gold member because someone that is free or silver took my spot..
    Beauman Ironchef and RekMMO like this.
  10. Kaylord101 Elder

sorry, but if u can not afford 10 extra dollars a month, then you will prob not even buy the expansion cause you gonno complain its too expensive... furthermore, if u can not afford 15 dollars a month to play per account then either drop to one account if u box, or get off your chair and get another job......
    Goddess likes this.
  11. d0p3y New Member

Does suspensions have any affect?
  12. Sumbuddy New Member

Is there a way to get my regular server back? I got daily lessons to burn. Only choice I see on server select is beta now, can't I do both?
  13. Izcurly Augur

That's the suggested method if you want to check things out on the test server as well. Create a whole separate copy.

I also use a separate copy for my box account...it's the only way I can make each account remember which monitor it's supposed to stay on.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  14. Emarinn Elder

Great way to attack someone! Of course, I forget; the anonymity of the internet allows people to treat and speak to others in a manner they themselves would not wish to be treated. Also, might I suggest working on your grammar and punctuation before trying to attack someone else? It really would lend the air of intelligence to your post, allowing others to take it more seriously. Even with that, I still find it impossible to not respond to you.

Not so much for myself did I make my comments about financial difficulties, but for others. Perhaps you may not know this, but for some, in certain areas of the country, jobs aren't very easily found in this down economy, and some folks already are working 2 to 3 jobs to support their families. If they choose to put food on the table, and keep their electricity on, far be it from me to denigrate them for choosing not to pay for a game they can enjoy in some capacity for free.

My husband and I chose to let our 4 accounts lapse due to real life time constraints. Why pay for what we weren't able to use at that time? However, with the expansion coming, we were planning on reactivating at least our mains, and getting back into the game.

PS - Unless one took advantage of SC sales and the prior availability of subscriptions through the Market Place, monthly subscriptions are $15, not $10.

I'm sure this will either be edited, or deleted, but I feel much better. Have a great day! :)
    Beauman Ironchef likes this.
  15. Belchere Lorekeeper

As my dad used to say, "Him what pays, says"

Makes total business sense to limit beta to those actively paying subscription fees. Sure Silver and Free accounts might have a great depth of understanding about EQ, but they aren't a current revenue source.

A potential idea for the devs: Next expansion, maybe put something in the Sony Store for like 1000 SC to allow beta membership?
  16. Riou EQResource

17. Dugat New Member

Makes sense if it is intended to keep people from making several new f2p accounts for the sake of entering beta.
  18. Noteefs Journeyman

In order to assist the development team in debugging the events for the entire player base... you really need to have access to all of the content and not the limited silver view. Maybe give those guys who are silver a few months of gold after beta is done and after they help so much in the testing phase?

Past beta's gave coins or tokens indicating your level of participation in beta. Gives the silver guys some incentive to work extra hard if they would get a gold account after beta based on their level of help during beta.

Just an idea.

Oh, us paying to be part of beta is the dumbest idea ever.. oh wait.. there's that Hero's Forge idea that trumps it all. I love that SOE decided to invest so much in resources on that instead of working on other things like massive crashing in certain zones in VoA.
  19. ganane New Member

i was joining beta but have a hang up on install i assom its from my back up folder loncher takes over the actual game can remove me from beta this year
  20. Koneko Augur

i kinda wonder if beta would be like test in that i think they get gold free and such basicly and such if so silver players wouldn't really be of use if not then it might be useful so there aren't problems like the red skele mercs that silver members were using and stuff ^^;; but sony gets the call
  21. Leerah Augur

It won't let me sign up again but some years it seems if I sign up too early, I don't get in. Reloading my email isn't effective. :)

Am lonely tonight- my buddies are in beta and I'm not.