Raids, pure melee, hybrids and dps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dega, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sojuu Augur

Monks are the redheaded step childs now days in the DPS department. Never once said we should be on par with rogues and zerkers but we should be close. And as far as 30 second mend goes, beast heal recast is how many seconds? And sure ours may be instant but beasts can cast on others and lower recast than 30 seconds aswell that should make up for it. And as stated in previous posts so many more utilities.
  2. sojuu Augur

We have one thread started as a joke but turned into the convo of monks hurting. Several monks stating whats going on, devs looked at begining but how do you make devs look at the rest of it? And a monk strike wouldnt matter because we are so lacking in usefulness on a raid were easily replaced by others. No one would notice like they would notice if wars wernt raiding. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated because kind of at a loss on how to get monks some attention now days.
  3. Zahrym Augur

Monks hurt like Katy perry without a mexican.
  4. Izcurly Augur

Both those classes have a fade as well as a FD. Fail.
  5. sojuu Augur

I wouldn't say its a fail, Id say more of a miscommunication. I was thinking more of the terms as a way of dropping agro. But you should be happy beastlords get any kind of fade/fd ability.
  6. Karthos Augur

This is why no one likes monks. Beastlords have been the red headed step child for so long and for once they are properly balanced at the same time that Monks happen to be slightly below where their should be and this kind of crap happens.

Having raided with a beastlord for most of 2011 I'm happy to see where Beastlords are at right now. They deserve to be exactly where are right now.

Will a beastlord ever outtank a real tank? Obviously no. Will a beastlord pet ever outtank a mage or necro pet? no. Will a beastlord outburst a rogue/zerker on short duration fights? Again, no. So, what's the problem here?
  7. Zahrym Augur

will a beastlord ever not be A FAT OGRE NAMED STUBAR? NO.
  8. Hatsee Augur

It was a rogue that made it, monks simply chimed in as they are the ones that are getting beaten on sustained and burn parses by quite a few classes, including hybrids. Rogues are not, sustained might be possible depending on groups and such, but burns they don't really touch rogues without some luck.

Thus it was created for the wrong reason, but monks got to air some grievances. It's not that bad, and it's actually expected given the circumstances.

Oh and I think beastlords might actually burn harder than zerkers now, zerkers gained almost nothing this expansion. I just had to add that.
    Behelit likes this.
  9. Ronak Augur

We just need to return things to how they were eons ago. For just one month, make pure melee really pure melee again. The hybrids vs pure argument died a very long time ago. Bury it, and move on.
  10. Recnarp Augur

Hatsee, why must you be so diplomatic!
  11. sojuu Augur

Let beasts stay where they are, as a monk were asking for upgrades to be ahead of beasts where we should be. Were not asking devs to take anything from yall. And I will agree yall were the red headed step childs b4 and now monks are getting that, but were trying to speak up to get it fixed.
  12. Behelit Augur

unless the mob is rooted and dies in under 60sec... then ya good beasts got us all day. if only there were some rooted mobs on events.

altho pretty much any/every* dps class can now match or beat a zerker parse that isnt on a rooted mob and less than 60sec (which again is a non existant scenario in RoF).

*cept monks of course, they somehow got the zerker treatment of no meaningful upgrades despite not even being good last expansion.
  13. Brogett Augur

I'd be up for that. As a rogue I'd lose fluff and/or highly situational abilities, little more! At our course we're still stab and piercers. The "spells" we get are a minor portion of dps and some of the other spells we get (agro control) are there to fix issues caused by the first spells. lol. Really the only true utility we got since eons ago would be the mez/blur traps.

It's not that dissimilar for monks either IMO.
  14. Hatsee Augur

You'd be up for losing everything but innate aa's and backstab, no fade, no discs, no aa's that proc spells, no poisons, nothing but auto attack and backstab?
  15. Ronak Augur

Most folks haven't been playing long enough to know that original pure melee was just that. No yellow mana, no AA, nothing to click, no discs, no proc potions. Nothing.

You heard it right, everything but auto-attack and backstab are fluff. Oh btw, about that backstab thing...yeah. You're gonna have to come in on Saturday. Ok?
    Stubar likes this.
  16. Ronak Augur

Oh btw, monks would have nothing but auto-attack, flying kick, and a FD button then. So, yeah lots of fluff gone.

The next time you 'burn', use nothing but auto-attack and backstab. Don't click anything else. No potions, no disciplines, no AA. no glyph, no 7th, nothing. See how small a portion of your DPS all that 'fluff' really is.
  17. Trajet D'Or Augur

4mil raid dps on a ToV dragon should do the trick.
  18. Piestro Augur

I'll just lock this now.

Thanks,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.