Raiding Ruined on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AConcernedCitizen, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quik Augur

I'm curious, how many other games has anyone here played where they retroactively deleted items just because they were dropping too much?

Meaning, let's take Borderlands for example, but it applies to every loot style game.

If a certain boss in Borderlands was dropping too much loot, what do people honestly expect dev's to do? Personally I just expect them to fix the amount of loot it drops. Now they might hotfix that boss and stop him from dropping anything for a period of time until they can fix it properly, but they would till fix it in a way that it was doing what they expect it to do.

Are people here seriously upset that certain mobs dropped too much loot and that it was fixed? That a guild figured out a way to work the DZ system so they could profit from it more? What guild wouldn't have done this as soon as they realized it was possible?

Mischief/Thornblade are basically beta servers for this new system. The dev's have done nothing like this in the past and you are going to have to expect some hiccups. They will fix it to the point of how THEY envision it should work. They don't owe any of us some massive insight of their plans. We play THEIR game and we either accept we like it and keep playing or we don't like it and stop. You have the right to do either. God I love people who think the gaming companies are obligated to explain every step.

Every new TLP that drops and each expansion on it has a HUGE chunk of players actively seeking ways to exploit whatever they can until it is fixed. Hell, every game in existence is like this. People try to find a way to get an advantage until it is fixed, then they look for another way.

You have how many thousands of players, each with their idea of how this game should be played, this server in particular, and you expect the dev's to make it so every person is happy? How about you even try to be serious here.

They will get these 2 servers working however they feel they it should. Everyone here has a right to offer their opinion, but no one has a right to demand and whine that it isn't going how they plan.

Keep playing or stop, THAT is the one thing you truly have a right to decide in these games.

God I love how the dev basically said that the constant whining could easily lead to the dev's just stepping back and actually doing less.

I plan on Aradune and all I can do is sit here and laugh at the audacity of people, and feel bad for Darkpaw games, which I never imagined in a million years I would ever do. If this is the player base that left the server I am relieved it happened.
  2. Triconix Augur

Probably any guild run that had leadership with just the slightest bit of common sense or decency?

Similar to the gap found in lockouts for raids where you could beat a raid on a main, do it again with alts, dz add the main after beating it, and get double loot for the mains. To my knowledge, only 1 confirmed of the top 10 live guilds was doing it.

Maybe you're right though and the TLP community is just generally more toxic and actively looking to exploit the game rather than doing it the "right way." Maybe the live high end community is just generally not as full as many pieces of fecal matter as the high-end krono/RMT-driven TLP guild.

I will admit that I've experienced and ran into way more d-bags and bots on my first TLP than I have in the last decade on live. This isn't to say they don't exist on live - they do - but not to the extent I see on an almost daily basis. I do admit it's gotten better since the departure of many of the bots and TLPmillers' exodus to play classic yet again. After experiencing it firsthand, I don't know how any sane person would just repetitively deal with that trash and just continue on with POP and onward. It's just a way better atmosphere without that human trash. Maybe it's just a symptom of the TLP culture, for whatever reason. Bunch of people living vicariously on TLP because they never did the content when it was modern and now have something to prove?

Please point out where they promised random loot for every single named mob (I assume you mean raid encounters as well).
  3. Karreck Somebody

It's not punishment, it's a bug fix. It also applies to what, three mobs? Your stance, along with a few others in this thread, really comes off as sour grapes. "X guild exploited, but it got fixed so now I can't exploit too!"
  4. eatpoop New Member

I honestly don't care that another guild exploited and were able to keep their stuff. It really doesn't impact me, what does impact me is that raid encounters were supposed to be randomized with this server and provide a more unique experience with this TLP. Now, everything is essentially back to a regular TLP; it is boring and removed a major reason people re-subbed to play. I don't want dragon loot off of golems. I want the hate minis and primarily sky to have randomized drops. Sky is a really boring raid and it could use some spice.
  5. EQ Dev Developer

This thread has run its course.
    wade_watts, Skuz and kizant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.