Raiding Ruined on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AConcernedCitizen, Jun 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cainen Augur

It sounds to me like the randomization for RAID mobs is for equal level mobs. Phinny doesnt have another raid mob of his level so that makes sense, Neither does sky outside of sky(so makes sense its not randomized to me).

I would assume that if trak shares a level with the other dragons( i think most kunark dragons are 60, and track is 65, so maybe not) then he would share loot tables with other 65s.

Pure speculation though.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A bug thread that listed which raids/encounters are not dropping random loot as expected would help the devs track and respond to the issues. Though personally from what I have seen in threads so far I am not sure how it was decided that 27 raids/encounters are not dropping loot properly. Having a list of all the ones that are said to be broken will help everyone.
    Ozon likes this.
  3. Nyvlag Elder

Yes; most of us are aware of the speculation for the ranges... I'm making a point that, at what point should we expect the server advertised as random to no longer be random?

And if it starts as random, at what point will they revoke that random because it's too hard?
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Here's how it was decided: We actually play on TLPs and don't just come here to white knight the Devs.
    Duder and Sendori like this.
  5. wade_watts Augur

I appreciate the loot change and trying a new ruleset. My primary feedback is that I wish you would not have rolled back the random loot into non-random loot. It was unexpected and possibly much, but it's a 1 month classic expansion - let the loot fly for a while and address it for Kunark or Velious and beyond. Its a great ruleset and a ton of fun - the feedback here seems to be more that you guys 'fixed' the problem in a counterintuitive way that undermines one of the core selling points of the server.

Appreciate you responding and being here to listen - just sad to see things reverted back.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How is asking for a list of broken raids that you can repeatedly point back to and list what is broken and isn't getting fixed white knighting for the devs? As I have stated in multiple responses I don't see how there can be 27 raid/encounters that are broken based off of what I am seeing in threads. A good solution for this would be to make a but thread and list out all the broken raids so that it is easier to track what is broken and what has been fixed.

It doesn't do anyone any good to complain about things being broken but refuse to make a solid list with what is broken and the details.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Twizle Journeyman

Please ignore the whiners, the majority of the playerbase is enjoying the random loot. If things are slighty wrong who cares it just makes it fun. If people didnt enjoy it they wouldnt play!
    Sera likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

More than you think.
  9. Zinkeh Augur

Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning.

I feel like this was changed as well. 4 hours in Exe camp and only a couple named with constant clearing.

I've been sitting at the AC spawn and he has now skipped 14 potential spawns @ 16 minutes per spawn. That's actually worse than on a standard ruleset server.

10. Accipiter Old Timer

It's just the RNG. I was in /sup for three spawn cycles. I got two assassins and one supplier. That's an overly lucky run, I admit, but the point is that it's just the RNG.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

Random loot works in a group context - otherwise Gabbie's room wouldn't be seeing the traffic of an In-N-Out Burger across the street from a recreational dispensary. What is being discussed here is the removal of random loot from raid encounters which was assumed to be part of the server.
  12. Triconix Augur

Because it's easier to just complain on the forums than it is making an official bug report.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Atomos Augur

I appreciate the dialogue and know that others do too. The amount of Staff vs. the amount of players is pretty off balance. It doesn't help when people post in the TLP forum or Discord without ever making bug reports or provide additional details to current reports.

But I do think hearing from someone helps a lot.

Like I've said before, each part of the game adds hundreds and maybe thousands of loot tables, expecting there to be no problems is unrealistic.

I fully expect Kunark and Velious and onwards to have at least 1 mob with the same issue. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are expecting otherwise.

That said, I do hope that we can make adjustments instead of reverting things entirely. I suppose temporary reversion is better than just leaving it that way until it's fixed, not sure. Depends on how fast it's fixed I guess. :p
  14. MischiefTLP Augur

Ashenbone Broodmaster
    Coercer T`vala
    Grandmaster R`Tal
    High Priest M`kari
    Lord of Ire
    Lord of Loathing
    Magi P`Tasa
    Master of Spite
    Mistress of Scorn
    Maestro of Rancor

Bazzt Zzzt
    Eye of Veeshan
    Gorgalosk
    Hand of Veeshan
    Keeper of Souls
    Noble Dojorn
    Overseer of Air
    Protector of Sky
    Sister of the Spire
    The Spiroc Lord
    a thunder spirit princess

Dread
    Fright
    Terror
    a dracoliche
    Phinigel Autropos

The fab five:
    Lord Nagafen
    Lady Vox
    Cazic-Thule
    Innoruuk
    Master Yael
    Niskin and Mithra like this.
  15. Atomos Augur

That's progress, but you should also post it in the Bug Report forum, the place it matters most to post it. :)

Please :-*
  16. Gheed Is not reading your response

Wait so raid mobs aren't dropping 30 pieces of gear so raiding is "ruined". But guys, I thought "classic loot didn't matter".

Mobs not dropping random loot or loot at all is definitely a massive issue. However, it is a great change that they stopped the absolutely absurd amount of items dropping. This will keep the server with a much higher player base for longer.

It is very ironic how multiple people who called me a "karen" are here absolutely CRYING and saying such outrageous things such as "raiding is ruined". Really got a good laugh from me!
    Duder likes this.
  17. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

Complaining on the forums is justified given the combination of how poorly implemented the random loot has been and the abysmal communication that has come from Darkpaw surrounding the issues. We know Everquest is making money and if they don't want to hire enough staff to properly support the game that isn't on the players.
    Sendori, Bobbybick and Brontus like this.
  18. Triconix Augur

If you posted a big report, like the devs say to do, you would have probably found out quicker that many of the raid mobs weren't supposed to have random loot. But continue with your sarcastic bs, Karen, instead of listening to sound advice of other posters.
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You mean the post that I already referenced in a previous reply? Try to keep up with the whole thread.
    Sendori likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

No thanks, I have better things to do then reading all your entitled nonsense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.