Raiding Ranger

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Thraine, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Thraine Augur

Do all you raiding rangers out there find your self as caster support since we got scarlet cheetah? even tho i can out parse most melee and have good adps, i cant remember the last time i had a melee group in raids.

Just curious if this was a issue all rangers are dealing with or if its just a problem in my neck of the woods
  2. Thraine Augur

let me clarify what i mean by "caster support"

Exclusively in caster groups, 0 melee support.
  3. Brudal Augur

Since you can tgb cheetah and mgb auspice, I don't see why you couldn't do both support casters and be in a melee group.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Thraine Augur

Well this seems to be a common practice on Povar, i was just curious if this was a server wide thing or not
  5. Leex Pewpewer

Can't TGB his spire though!
  6. Sancus Augur

I've heard of a lot of TGBing and MGBing going on, don't think Ranger spire is worth them losing melee ADPS...
  7. Leex Pewpewer

What's crazy is how good our Rangers do even in the caster groups!

But I agree they should have their own melee group..Wizard raid leader though :p
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Do you have enough Shaman, Bards and Beasts to go around for all your melee dps groups? If you don't you can still do pretty well dps wise in a caster group aiside from your burn adps from Cheetah
  9. Brohg Augur

over half of a ranger's hot burn is casting, now, thanks to Scarlet Cheetah. Magnifying that with dru & enc must be good
  10. Thraine Augur

Pretty well in a caster group yes, but i want to do 100% of what i can do, not 60%

All guild politics and guild management aside, i was just curious if this is a common thing on other servers. I wanted to know if it was daybreaks intentional direction for rangers or did we just draw the short straw this expac? cause when you got bard, shaman, bst, zerk, rogue and monk there doesnt seem to be a lot of room for a ranger in there

It sucks to know i can rock a parse and make top 3 melee easy, but here i am feeding casters cheetah and doing sub par dps
  11. Brohg Augur

uh, I thought you were in a caster group for caster support to hit YOU, not for your support to hit THEM

The schmear of melee support stuff was always a little shady for rangers given the nature of Bosquestalker/EmpoweredBlades anyhow
  12. AB-Muvien Elder

Give me a enchanter, druid and bard + a couple of casters any day over melee groups :)
  13. Thraine Augur

you just said the magic word ...
  14. AB-Muvien Elder

What exactly do you have in your caster groups? 4 casters, druid and ranger? Maybe an enchanter?
  15. Klak Augur

Rangers can dish out great numbers. Should be in a melee group with a bard/shm.
  16. Brohg Augur

I think what's going on is that rangers get as much (or well more) from enc+dru atm as they do from shm. Bards, presuming a sufficient number, are in both support groups. The potential real loss is from missing out on bst things
  17. AB-Muvien Elder

Pretty spot on there Brohg. Beastlords is a wildcard really. Personally I prefer the chanter, druid, bard combo myself if I wanna hit 400 or 500k but it might aswell come down to pretty much all our beastlords suck at timing adps hehe
  18. Benzarden Augur

I think our Rangers are being put in caster groups because we are melee heavy atm. So it's more about a numbers game rather than having a Wizard raid leader or our Rangers' personal dps. So, Rangers are put in the caster groups because they can provide and receive some utility to and from the other classes in the group, unlike Monks. Though, I do feel like this is an inappropriate forum to raise this issue. Should probably discuss it with the people that are in control of whom you are grouped with.
  19. AB-Muvien Elder

Thats a vey good explanation. Often when I see a melee heavy raid the rangers are the first to be put into caster groups etc.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Inappropriate to ask a question? Lol get off your high horse Benz.

Obv I was just joking when I said we have a Wizard raid leader..Doesn't really matter WHAT class the raid leader is..