Raid zones instanced?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oshnappleton, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gander Augur

Well at least the P99'ers I have spoke with are ready to progress. They have been burned out on classic for years.
  2. Esper Augur

Well of course he had to change his stance. We now live in the age of the Candy Crush gamer where everything has to be easy and on demand. No wait, no effort, no contention... just gimmie gimmie gimmie.
  3. Vaclav Augur

And there's been nothing in the history of the world engineered or re-engineered to incorporate change.

Luddites like you would still be saying rockets couldn't get to the moon or outer space (rockets only explode!) or that you could never have the power of a PC in your pocket.
  4. Nenake Elder

hey i like everquest
  5. taliefer Augur

Quoting a failed game designer to support your stance on a game design issue, priceless. This thread needed a new laugh
  6. Esper Augur

Really, so you consider vanilla - PoP a failure? I thought it was utterly brilliant, but that is just me.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Have you actually played Candy Crush? "Easy and On Demand" don't fit it at all - unless you're spending a of money on it.

Do you just find Mad Libs that you post your points of contention with? i.e.

"Well of course he had to _________ (verb) his _________ (noun). We live in the age of the _____________ (title) gamer where everything has to be _______ (adverb) and _______ (adverb). No ____ (noun), no ________ (noun).... just ______ ______ _______ (repeated phrase)"

I'll play along here's my version....

Well of course he had to abuse his vicodin. We live in the age of the Breaking Bad gamer where everything has to be cracked out and drama-laden. No newbs, no relaxation... just stress stress stress.

Mad Libs are fun. Others can play along too if they want.
  8. Esper Augur

Who cares that he abused vicodin? Does that in any way erase the masterpiece that was EQ Vanilla - PoP, the game you are paying to play 16 years after the fact?
  9. Elkay Augur

10. Fwoosh New Member

Vaclav has gotten better at Mad Libs (10)!
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You know what I reviewed my past few posts and I'll apologize for having let myself drop a little bit in the caliber of my responses. So, I am sorry for that.

However. You cannot sustain any argument that the raid environment right now is anything like it was in classic. Just like that other poster trying to claim that 10 hour respawns are experience mobs. It just isn't accurate. And to be honest it seems you agree with that to some extent since you agree that the raid mobs are just big loot piñatas.

However. This server was billed, as are all tlp servers, as a way to live through nostalgic Everquest experiences. I am arguing that instanced raids provide more nostalgia than zoning up to plane of hate, having mobs being killed on respawn, zerging bosses with Mage armies (in the beginning anyway), and being forced to out dps a rival guild. Even in those classic days you know that raid disputes were not settled by dps racing or socking. It just wasn't a thing. So why do you want to force people to go through that when an equally valid way exists?

You know a lot of pro instance folks like to throw the no life no job stuff out there. I don't believe that is the case at all. Instead I think we have a older population, people that are doing well in life, can game from a mobile laptop or schedule their work around EQ. That's great for them. But you have to understand all of these factors change the equation significantly. What people are arguing should happen here is just not classic EQ. And yea this is a progression server. So let's progress and do what's right for the largest amount of people in a situation than clinging to these old ways that simply do not accord with the gaming population as it exists today.
    Giles Trainbringer and Elkay like this.
  12. Greymere Augur

Yup am awful lot of hardcore players were very pro instancing prior to the announcement of no enforcement
  13. Vaclav Augur

He stopped designing anything mid Luclin. This is fact. Vex Thal? Not him. Ssra? Not him. All of PoP? Not him (in fact he said PoP was a bad idea on dozens of levels).

Even in most of the earlier eras his influence was limited - Katta Castellum wasn't him, Sanctus Seru wasn't him. Velious he wasn't involved that heavily with most. (DN wasn't him, ToV wasn't him, Skyshrine wasn't him)

You seem to overstate his level of importance in content design.
  14. Fwoosh New Member

Instancing is only going to do 2 things for the hardcore guilds:
    1 - Create new guilds for alts and raid 7 days a week
    2 - Flood the economy with raid loot

I want none of these things.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Elkay Augur

I'm still trying to understand why the anti-instancing camp is still trying to shut down the possibility of instancing. It literally has zero affect on the hardcore raiders. None. If instancing is put in place, we both go our separate ways. If instancing isn't put in place, we *aren't* going to contest you. We *aren't* going to worship your 16 year old gear. We're going to find a *different game* to play, since the play style you want is something we don't at all desire and *won't* be pushed into. And so we still go our separate ways, but one side being completely alienated and pushed out of the game, costing the community a lot of fun players and DBG a lot of money. Less money in means less money out into future development. How can the anti-instance camp not see all of this? Is the 16 year old gear really and on the casuals really that worth it to you? They'd rather the community simply shrivel up (yet again) than let the casuals play the game in a completely separate manner? If this were the other way around and the game was completely instanced, I'd still be at bat for you guys to have contested targets added so you guys could fight over it all you wanted, even if it meant you guys getting ahead since you're willing to do that and I'm not.
  16. Ceffener Augur

3. Krono prices go down.
  17. Elkay Augur

1 - So *everybody* gets to enjoy raiding, even 7 days a week if they want? God forbid.
    2 - It's already been stated that the loot from instances would be no-drop to solve the problem of a flooded economy.
  18. sihpa Augur

Oh no!! Then cof couldnt be sold for 30 kronos!!!

If the biggest issues you can come up with are that people are going to USE the instances.. I guess thanks for the support?
    Elkay likes this.
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Work for it?

Surely you jest. Are you aware that most of your colleagues in posting acknowledge that the raid content currently requires no work?

Fighting the monopolization of in-game content was never what Everquest was supposed to be about. Remember, even after changing the pnp and engagement rules, the developers threatened the "Hans Gruber" outcome for people that were too abusive. Because they know that Everquest wasn't supposed to be what you are trying to twist it into.
  20. Esper Augur

You realize he was lead designer, meaning even if he didn't design it he had to OK it right? If it went into the game, it was because he let it through. As I said, you are paying 16 years after the fact to play a game this so called "failed game designer" designed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.