Raid zones instanced?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oshnappleton, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scyclone Lorekeeper

Nailed it :)
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Nor does it mean they are paid accounts or even playing on TLP.
  3. Ceffener Augur

Casual was defined earlier as < 100 hours a week.
    Silv likes this.
  4. Elkay Augur

Na, don't close it up yet. Let's keep this rolling! 100 is so close! I was going to save this one, but the hell with it.

If the devs won't make changes to RF or to LJ, how about this:

Stormhammer 2.0.

I'd gladly pay a hefty premium (on multiple accounts) for genuine GM support, a guaranteed PNP *like Classic*, and maybe as a bonus the dev effort to put raid instancing in place on that server. Guaranteed raid times for guilds that want to live on a reasonable and predictable schedule, that is compatible with the real life responsibilities most of us have now. I can see a server like that thriving with a healthy community, where people don't have to worry about a few griefers ruining things for the rest of the community.
  5. Scyclone Lorekeeper

Oh ...

I am a casual...

Give me a moment... I need to come to terms with this shocking revelation :(
    Ceffener likes this.
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Yes, I agree, we don't really need a compelling reason to allow the elite population to change what classic raiding was like.

Having said that, we have several.
  7. Vanic Elder

There are 2 instances of being casual. The first is a true casual and that's someone who plays a couple times a week and just putts around, not expecting much. Then there is casual game play where in EQ you'll take mob down, but maybe not be willing to put in extra effort if it's not already spawned or there is resistance. I don't even exclusively mean other player resistance. Of course this is my own definition and how I view what is considered "casual".
    Elkay likes this.
  8. Scyclone Lorekeeper

I'd be up for paying a little extra for GM ran events and stuff, I really do miss how wild and crazy classic was. It was nothing like this, not to say this is bad, because they did fix a LOT of the issues classic had in this version. I just miss some of the danger element, the GM events, and less fedora wielding douchebags.
  9. Vanic Elder

How exactly are the "elite" changing the classic game? Oh yes, we want it to remain the same, wait what?
  10. Elkay Augur

Casual grouper vs. casual raider.
  11. Vanic Elder

What I said can be put to raids or groups.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

That's funny, considering there was no such thing as a dps race until this server.

Try again.
  13. Vanic Elder

I'm sure the guilds on this server came together and held a secret meeting with DB to make their announcement of this being okay, right?
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You're the one arguing you want things to be the same.

So tell me exactly how many sanctioned dps races on classic raid content you sat through? How many socks?

Oh right, there was none of that. Which is exactly what instancing would provide. A more classic experience.
  15. Vanic Elder

Tell me, how many socks have occurred on this server? Pull your head out from Fippy and Vulak and then open your eyes to what's taken place on Ragefire. We're talking Ragefire, so the answer is ZERO.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Vanic's logic:

"You should be forced to endure something not classic before I am willing to allow you to have a classic experience."

Oh yes, very logical.
  17. Esper Augur

Wrong, there were DPS races on Fippy.

Try again.
  18. Vanic Elder

That's not true at all, this is how classic was played, but the problem is you don't like it anymore. So really the above statement is your stance of yourself, not of me. Instances are not classic, so how are you trying to enjoy classic?
  19. Ceffener Augur

I want you guys to know this thread forced me to have to look up the definition of poop socking.

Also video game addiction (along with other addictions) is a very real problem. Do not be afraid to reach out for help if you think you may have a problem!
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Wrong. There were socks on Fippy that resulted in sanctioned dps races after GM intervention. There were violations and penalties for outright killstealing. This server is completely different and you are lying to suggest otherwise. There were also guild suspensions for violating the pnp if you recall. All of that is out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.