Raid zones instanced?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oshnappleton, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendar2 Augur

The people who have never been able to raid these mobs are probably not upset over the lack of challenge as much as they are upset over the lack of opportunity.

Personally, I don't mind waiting as a mechanic to limit instancing. A long lockout is infinitely better than being forced into non-consensual PvP -- and I think this is what we are really talking about. I didn't observe much racing on Fippy. For example, when VS dies before he renders, just who raced who?

This isn't the insta-kill clip (I couldn't find it) but it shows one almost as fast. Note the racing and the mad eq skillz displayed:

Jadefox and Elkay like this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

How is EVERQUEST remotely an accurate way to describe trivial raids - or any raiding for that matter?

It's honestly one of the most foolish arguments out there - and hardly the first it's been vomited onto the forums (or even the thread).
    Aneuren and Jaxarale01 like this.
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm glad when I play golf and the country club for a round that my opportunity to play the round isn't canceled because someone else arrived at 1am in the morning and consumed the content before I made it at 10am to play the front 9. :)

I don't understand how anyone can think sitting at a spot for hours on end = some kind of skill.
    Jadefox and nectarprime123 like this.
  4. Vanic Elder

How is mobilizing faster than you harassing you?

I like the video above, it totally shows the current state of the server. If you want a troll look no further than Hendar2.
  5. Ceffener Augur

So now it's been resorted to making new accounts just to spam. I've changed my mind. Devs please lock this before 100 and give the community and answer one way or another.

This toxic environment is doing nothing good for anyone.
    MaestroM likes this.
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

Lol anyone else notice right after the tally put up that was 30 to 1 a bunch of "new members" show up and start spouting dont instance here... see above posts and spam voting?

Lol what a bunch of pathetic losers you four are... creating new accounts to try and skew the vote...

#itwonthelp
    Elkay and nectarprime123 like this.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Wow, someone figured out how to make new accounts. WTG whomever.

And this is the disconnect - for us we want an experience more similar to old raid videos like you'd see back in 1999 if Youtube had existed back then.

You're happy with things being different, we're not. It's not a new or unusual concept.

People didn't like New Coke. You like the New Coke version of Classic raids, we don't.
  8. Scyclone Lorekeeper

Add in a loot / kill cooldown of some sort, then instance it. That way guilds can't abuse the /pickzone stuff to boost their loot quota, and at the same time others actually have a chance to raid rather than stand around watching the basement dwellers tighten their battle thongs and fedoras.

Let everyone have the opportunity to raid, feel free to mock those that get their kicked by the raid boss, but give them the opportunity to get their kicked.

To everyone complaining about instancing raid zones, your only real valid excuse would be due to those using pickzone to gain even more loot. If that gets handled, then there really is no justification not to.

It will help sustain the player base and keep life flowing in it, and it will do well to mitigate a decent chunk of the drama and assholishness that is widespread among certain elitists who haven't seen the light of day in a week or two.

Go take a shower, and let the rest of us raid for a change. It isn't our fault that we have to work our day jobs to pay for your wellfare checks, so that you can sit on your and constantly kill raid bosses every wierd hour of the day. We want our piece of the pie too, and we pay to play this game just like you do.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Actually it would be the developers ruining the game you love and support.....which if you pay for 6 accounts and have been for the last 16 years. You must love instancing.
  10. Vaclav Augur

When there's 4 of them in a row, it's likely the source is basically a single person or cluster of attached people paid or not.

Especially likely to be a single person in such quick succession.
    Elkay likes this.
  11. Vanic Elder

I believe someone actually told me earlier in this thread to adapt to change because our push back on instancing was outdated. You don't get old raids anymore, not because I say so, new account 4000 says so, but because the game itself does not allow that to happen until at least Velious. What existed back in the day was getting a GG to Feerrott for CT or racing people through BB-EF-Perma to get in position for Vox first. What is your post even talking about? You've got everything backwards.
  12. Jaxarale01 Augur

And the only reason there is a TLP server... lol you think DB could afford to pit one out on the 300 or so hard cores that play?

Its the other 7000 casuals that are funding your server.
    It would be better is you just said thank you and went back to your memblur fights and let the adults talk here.
    patius and nectarprime123 like this.
  13. Silv Augur

Prediction: Thread locked @ 99 pages!
  14. Ceffener Augur

Just do it now.

I respect everyone I disagree with who is/was actually willing to debate and have a conversation. The trolls are trolls and the community as a large would be much better if they were permanent banned.
  15. Vaclav Augur

I always find that term ironic - its the hardcores that have less time to grab a shower and such in the literal sense.

It's always used as if it's a slight, when it's shares more contextually with terms like the "Filthy Rich" a term spawned out of jealousy.
    Seilan likes this.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Shows the strength of our arguments.

Our opponents apparently don't have logical rejoinders.
  17. Vanic Elder

Don't need a zinger when the argument for change is not a good one.
  18. Silv Augur

Many of the hardcore raiders and such are the people that wind up playing the least. Log in for 3 - 9 hours of raids a week. Cya next target cycle! It's pretty amusing.
  19. Scyclone Lorekeeper

Seriously though... what magically defines the term casual. Do you even know what a casual gamer is or looks like...

Oh we want instanced raiding, must be a casual... *eye roll*, because playing the game for hours on end on the weekend and 5-6 hours every work day counts as casual gameplay :p.

It has nothing to do with hardcore raiders or casual... it has everything to do with a server WELL over populated for its own good, to the point that these things were deemed necessary. There are still tons of camps being camped, even with the instances. This is something that needs to be done in response to the population of the game, not their gaming status.
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  20. Greymere Augur

prefer not to think of them as opposition but ignorant, but then again I prefer to think players would want an actual enjoyable experience for as many players as possible too, especially if it costs them nothing but their imaginary superiority.
    Elkay, Hendar2, Silv and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.