Raid Vanquisher - Why it should be consistently be a big deal...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

This times infinity.

The guild is doing the achievements. The guild should get the reward. Make it a trophy like Talendor.

Bonus benefits- guilds will have to replenish guild tribute to support the trophy. Which means the guild has to play more than 1-3 raid nights a week. Which means more people playing the group game. Win!
    Duder, Maedhros and Fenthen like this.
  2. Skuz Berserker Logic: Kill everything.

Well the reward from the achievement is a separate issue to the attaining of the achievement itself.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I like the idea of the Vanquisher achievement rewarding some tangible non-cosmetic reward. I am also fine if on top of that they offer some cosmetic rewards as well.

If you want to not have people go back to prior expansions to help fill out new members you could just have each successive expansion add the prior tangible rewards.

UF - No rewards
    HoT - No Vanquisher
    VoA - No Vanquisher
    RoF - By-event unlocks chase item on vendor
    CoTF - By-event unlocks chase item on vendor. -- Expansion wide offers ornaments
    TDS - By-event unlocks chase item on vendor. -- Expansion wide offers title and ornaments
    TBM - By-event unlocks type 3 augs. -- Expansion wide offers method to merge aformentioned augs
    EoK - Type 5 Augment upgrader
    RoS - Ornaments
    TBL - TBL chase item final level unlock and ornaments
    ToV - Type 3 augment upgrade
    CoV - Ornaments

So what could happen is they could add the TBM Type 3 augment Eye of Life and Decay to the EoK, RoS and TBL Vanquisher achievements. So even if a guild on a TLP gets a recruit in EoK, they could just do that Vanquisher rather than go back to TBM for it.

Similarly the EoK Type 5 augment upgrader could be added to RoS, TBL, ToV and CoV Vanquisher achievements so guilds don't have to go back to EoK to upgrade their newer members augment.

ToV and CoV vanquishers could offer a method to unlock the final rank of TBL Chase items.

CoV could add the ToV type 3 aug upgrade unlock.

Under this system while the upgrades remain meaningful they could just bundle them into future expansion vanquishers to prevent the need to go back through raids where you delete or tribute 100% of the gear since its all worse than group gear.

Though I've always thought that there should be some incentive to do each individual vanquisher achievement each time you do the raid. As it seems over the past 3 expansions they've shifted to a gear model where the 2 tradeskill pieces per chest are the most valuable items on the chest. I think they should make it to where the hardest of the 3 achievements on the raid should add an additional tradeskill ore/muhbis to the chest when you are successful so that 3 tradeskill pieces drop from the chest instead of 2.

This would give some incentive for guilds to try to complete the hard-mode version of some raids to accelerate their best in slot loot influx.
  4. Maedhros High King

The best idea is the guild Trophy for completing the cheeves.
    Give it plenty of incentive to do it once, but nothing lost if you missed the cheeves as an individual, and no need to go back and do it ad nauseum for new or returning members.

I am already dreading going back for TOV achieves so 5 to 10 people can get 1% on their type 3 aug.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Rylak Journeyman

The guild trophy reward would be a great means to provide value to the completion of the achievements and not require the perpetual back-flagging (great suggestion Lianeb)

However, I also don't want to see them stop doing things like the Nathsar Diamond and ToV Type 3 that have a significant appeal for use during all play times (grouping and raiding), but this could be mitigated through a trophy that at least provides the same benefits while raiding.

I totally get the disdain for perpetual old content back-flagging, but it also does break up the summer farm grind. So I don't think it should totally need to go away.