Raid TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drathus, May 7, 2013.

1. Machen New Member

I don't even want to think about what would happen if Trakanon or Emp had a 1-15 hour respawn timer. It would probably be fine about two weeks after launch, but you are going to have some very sleep deprived people from multiple guilds those first couple of weeks trying to be the first guild into VP or Vex Thal.
  2. fastboy21 Augur

the solution would have to be a really well thought out/tested mechanic by the devs. they need to invest actual development time on these servers. since they are pay to play now, I don't think this expectation from players is unreasonable.

simple changing of spawn times just wouldn't cut it.
  3. Drathus Augur

Well we are trying to work out the kinks on a simply implemented idea that would make the relaunch of a TLP better than . . . simply relaunching the TLP . . . =p
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Actually what that would do is give he one guild that alreadys locks down all the content on a TLP more chances at a spawn and loot, making that one guild even that much more powerful, that much faster. This will in no way help spread the mob kills around but it would encourage even more camping by the most powerful.

Also it was already stated when Fabled ending was debated, simply doubling or tripling MOB hp's will not work. Most encounters are balanced around a very specific set of values, such as how much mana a raid has, hps, DPS etc. Simply doubling hp might mean the raid wipes everytime due to the limitation of the raids mana pool or etc,

And pretty much anything that requires anything more then a few minutes coding time would be met with great resistance by the number crunchers at SOE. There just isnt any time to budget to make significant changes to TLP that would not take a code away from a more important project. Its just simply how it is.
  5. Drathus Augur

As was clearly stated above, the idea for a Raid TLP wasn't to resolve any issues. It was simply suggested to add more of what people want.

If you played on the previous two TLPs, you will remember that contested non-instance raid targets had guild rotations. Having four guilds waiting on their turn for a 3.5 day spawn wasn't fun. If the spawn timers were reduced to 1/4 their normal rate, even with guild rotations, the wait would be minimal.

Increasing the HP of boss NPCs was simply a suggestion to add an element of excitement to the fights, rather than having them pop and die before the model can render on people screens.

Did you even play on the recent TLPs?
  6. Drathus Augur

I think this was largely a result of SK HT armies though. I believe they made a change to HT at some point after I left the server (shortly after SoV release).

I do remember the first Innoruuk fight taking quite a bit of time.
  7. Buddi Elder

The alternative to poop-socking is expectation management. You might prefer waiting your turn at the raid content over competing with scripted SK or mage armies. If we have another progression server, that's the guild I will look for, the patient one.
  8. Deadlyne Elder

That sounds all well and good, but, how long are you actually willing to wait? I played on Fippy and well into the end of Velious mage armies were still killing Naggy and Vox immediately upon spawning.
  9. Nolrog Augur

This. Really the only way to do what you want is to instance all the content, and that's fairly resource intensive for them to do.