Raid Respawn Timers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DefenseEQ, Apr 17, 2015.

1. DefenseEQ Augur

Hi Roshen,

Something I have not seen discussed here that I thought deserved some attention. Back in Luclin (2002 ish?) most raid bosses were still on 1 Week or 6.5 -7 day respawn timer. Nearly all of the bosses in EQ were adjusted to cut this time in half and made to 3-3.5 day respawns. We see 3 day respawns through most expansions following this

Some bosses however were not re-adjusted, I can only imagine because they were considered bleeding edge content at the time so they left them the same.

The bosses that are still 7 Day respawn times are as follows, if anyone else see's any I forgot please add to this list. Could these spawns be brought in line with other comparable raid content. Otherwise it becomes very difficult to share this content when we are only in an expansion for 4 months and we only see them spawn 4 times a month.

Veeshan's Peak: Xygoz
    Veeshan's Peak: Druushk
    Veeshan's Peak: Silverwing
    Veeshan's Peak: Hoshkar
    Veeshan's Peak: Nexona
    Veeshan's Peak: Phara Dar
    Ssraeshza Temple: Emperor Ssraeshza
    Ssraeshza Temple: Rhozth Ssrakezh (aka Cursed cycle trigger mob)
    Vex Thal: Kaas Thox Xi Ans Dyek
    Vex Thal: Diabo Xi Va
    Vex Thal: Diabo Xi Va Temariel
    Vex Thal: Diabo Xi Xin
    Vex Thal: Diabo Xi Xin Thall
    Vex Thal: Kaas Thox Xi Aten Ha Ra (both of them)
    Vex Thal: Thall Va Kelun
    Vex Thal: Thall Xundraux Diabo
    Vex Thal: Va Xi Aten Ha Ra
    Vex Thal: Aten Ha Ra
  2. taliefer Augur

logic? reason? not classic. wont happen.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  3. Jaxarale01 Augur

Oh no no no... that would lead to "loot sat" and the entire EQ franchise will crumble if more than the few in the top 2 guilds actually got loot in era...
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  4. DefenseEQ Augur

Not classic is definitely the best argument ever.
  5. Vaclav Augur

But the irony of "Not Classic" is that when you're describing the if you should use it in this case, the "Not Classic" argument is in and of itself "Not Classic" - which itself is a "Not Classic" argument against the "Not Classic" argument.

It creates a feedback loop.
  6. DefenseEQ Augur

Either they can do this, or you're going to see no top end guild wanting to share a 7 day repop. thts a long time to wait. One raid every 2 weeks for a 2 guild rotation....1 raid every month in a 4 guild rotation.... hah goodluck.
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Be honest, no top end guild would want to share the spawns even if they were on 3 day cycle.
  8. yukan Augur

This definitely needs to be addressed. If they don't, then people will get tired of socking and quit the game. It affects their bottom line which is the only thing that apparently matters.
  9. DefenseEQ Augur

True, which is why you've got 0 chance of it happening at all in the current model lol.
  10. Bandok Augur

Getting those spawn timers even with everything else seems sensible.
  11. DefenseEQ Augur

They are literally the ONLY week long repop left in the entire game. Seems odd that they were skipped over.
  12. MaestroM Augur

Y'all are prolly sick of hearing me talk about this but I think I can sully another thread.

Gotta identify a problem: Super duper long spawn times mean lots and lots and lots of people on the server will never get a chance to experience that content. This is a problem because a giant chunk of people aren't coming back to level up in revamped commons, they're coming for raid targets.

Set a goal: A goal that I like is making raid content available to everyone capable of killing raid targets. This isn't a feasible goal (R.I.P. instancing) so lets adjust, how about increasing the availability of raid targets to raiders who either do not want to sock or due to time constraints cannot sock.

Will adjusting raid respawn timers move us in this direction?

It can if done properly. Maybe.

How much do we need to cut respawn timers? Cutting off 1 hour per spawn would probably not make a meaningful difference. Reducing spawn time to a spawn every 45 minutes would likely quite effectively achieve the goal, eventually sockers would move on and go do something else. But there is a downside, namely gear saturation.

Do we really think gear saturation is a problem when you consider how meaningless pre-luclin gear is in the face of base power increases to classes? I keep coming back to the example of AoW dying within hours of Velious launch on Fippy wearing only Kunark gear, compared to never dying legitimately during Velious on live.

I would be in favor of upping the spawns. Mostly because I don't think gear saturation is an issue (see above). Especially when combined with other structural changes to the game (simspawn, no-drop only loot on raid loot), I think significantly increased spawn timers of all raid targets would greatly improve the playing experience of everyone in the raid scene.
  13. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Are you asking for parity in respawn timers for raid targets? If so VS timer would need to change, unless of course what you want is more chances at raid targets and not parity...
  14. Jaxarale01 Augur

Changing my sig to "Its not classic"
  15. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Here ya go!

[IMG]
    Hendar2 and Mezrah like this.
  16. Darth Augur

Trying to get options for additional raid spawns in Velious and beyond is just dumb, stop it.

There are plenty of targets for most everyone to get something each week a few weeks after Velious drops. When Luclin drops Velious will be a ghost town, minus Avatar of War for BoCs.

No guild will want to lose Vex Thal bosses for NToV bosses.
  17. Machen New Member

Clearly Daybreak does not share this goal. Not sure why people are still talking about it.
  18. DefenseEQ Augur

VS is 3 days. WTF are you blabbing about?
  19. RainbowTest Augur

I'm quite surprised this isn't mentioned yet but the OP is either wrong or Test server is altered code. VP is all either 2.5 or 3 day respawn timers. They also spawn within 12 hours of a server patch regardless of respawn cycle.
  20. Tachyon Augur

I'd go for phinny-style spawns all around, every twelve hours give or take an hour. It's the best way to spread the raiding opportunities.
    Rhoulicas likes this.