Raid Loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rippy, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Greymantle Augur

Not saying it is a bug. Rather a poor design choice as far as the drop parameters are.
    Toukan and GameKiller like this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It was in the Bug Reports forum, so yeah it was saying it was a bug. It sounds like something needs to be looked at, but they're going to find any reason to move it out of the bug forum.
    GameKiller likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

It's random. And the coins are meant to allow you to fill in slots you missed out on.
    Been seeing 1-2 a chest (with the occasional 0) the past week or two, so does not seem like much has changed.
    Arcolin and Trolgar like this.
  4. uberkingkong Augur

This person I trust their advice on this topic,
    See lemme tell you something.
    BACK IN MY DAYS,
    decades ago.

Slime Blood of Cazic Thule
    Is what? Ultra Rare.

Kunark items
    Velious items
    Velious mobs
    Ultra Rare

When was the HIGH TIME of EQ?
    When stuff was Ultra Rare

So
    Been seeing 1-2 lately?
    Not a good sign.

I would suggest if maintainance time comes up.

Patch Notes
    raid items specifically these raid items, decreased chance to get them.
    No longer get 2, decreasing to 1 max
    to get 1 to show, chances have been drastically decreased.
    Its on par with rarity of Slime Blood of Cazic Thule
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Perhaps the answer is raid T3 gear which are truly rare, raid drop only, not coin purchasable.
  6. Knifen Augur

/em gives me Sinister Steamwork Ornament shivers.
  7. NatazzEvoli Elder

Bad programming. There's your bug right there. The people are bugs.
    GameKiller likes this.
  8. Windance Augur

There is a difference between causality and correlation.

The argument that "back in the day" gear was rare and "back in the day" the game was at its most popular is flawed.

"back in the day" there literately was nothing quite like EQ. It was D&D and MUD with a good story line, and a graphical world you could explore.

Now they are a dime a dozen.
    Kaenneth and GameKiller like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not sure which side of the Valiant Gear Rarity fence you're on here. Are you for or against BiS rarity?
  10. NatazzEvoli Elder

Referring to someone that has been blocked makes for a very interesting read haha!
  11. NatazzEvoli Elder

Change the loot system back to a modified version of Claws of Veeshan and everyone will rejoice. It was more simple, and your customer base was happier.
    Windance and GameKiller like this.
  12. NatazzEvoli Elder

Tanks can get away with T1 excluding a chest/leg/shield. The AC/HP differences on those is significant enough to require T2.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

Block?

Never heard that word before.

You dealing with UBER not just KingKong, UBER
    SHAQ

Heres another idea,
    Raids 2 easy, they ran out of participation trophies aka loot.

Are you checking with the other HIGH END raid guilds on your server.

Week 1 you got none, the other HIGH END raid guild they got 2, the other HIGH END raid guild got 0.
    Week 2, you got 1, another guild 1, the other guild 0.

They can only dish out certain amount of participation trophies at a time.

Maybe they should make the raids like SHAQ.
    Someone tries to block or you raid, glass shattering dunk on you.
    The raid boss, meets your full of participation trophy geared up raid gear, and squashes SHAQ style, pushes you off him afterward.
    This way, not every raid guild, HIGH END, beats all the raids with ease, and the real OG ones they beat em and there is no whining about, why did we get 0 participation trophies? Oh the other guilds took all of them ok.

Maybe its 2 max per week per server,
    30% chance
    but if 2 are already taken thats 0% chance, tough.

Make these participation trophies into REAL trophies, actual challenge, 2004 EQ challenge, you actually earn your trophy.
    20+ guilds day 1 beating all the raids, get the trophies in record time, under an hour all raids done, not 1 or 2, all of them. participation trophies being handed out quickly.

The race begins, actually this marathon is gonna be 400 meter dash.
    lets beta test this, oh lets turn marathon into a 100m dash. (meaning anyone can do that, just show up, walk it, boom done).
    sorry we ran out of participation trophies try again nextweek.

Get your corpse off my feet.
    Raid bosses should toss you across the map outta the zone, zoning out while dead.
    Get your corpse outta my zone.

That was no foul on Shaq, he was just getting Dudley off of him.
  14. Windance Augur

I am against BiS rarity, if the raids require the gear to beat in the "expected way" or has DPS checks that require the BiS gear.

The engineer AE DoT is pretty brutal to those in group gear. You go from 100% to dead in two ticks. You can't easily avoid the dot so you have to heal through it. DPS also is dependent on BiS weapons so if you don't have those then you have to heal through it longer, making it harder.

I hated the older expansions that locked the BiS weapons away behind events we couldn't beat or didn't do often because they sucked.

I personally tend to only go after key upgrades with DKP then let coins fill in where they will. By the end of this expansion I expect I'll have about 2/3 of my gear BiS. Maybe less.

With that said, I don't think everyone needs every slot to be BiS, but if you raid every week all year long you should be able to max out.
    GameKiller likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I think this is the reasonable voice missing from other posts in this thread. Specifically the 'raid every week all year long' bit.

Throughout this thread I detect a sentiment that BiS is the 'standard'. If you aren't kitted in full BiS raid gear you're subpar, somehow.

Thanks for clarifying, Windance.
    GameKiller likes this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not on one side or the other. I feel we're getting enough. And across 2 raid teams I have not seen a big change at all.
    Tonight we had 0, 1, 2 in chests.
    Arcolin likes this.
  17. Lianeb Augur

Tonight we had
    0 0 0 0 1 (1h weapon) 2 (shield feet) 0 0
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Because the raid drops of cloaks and necks are so useful.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. MiataDriver Augur

That is likely because we got used to being able to fully gear up within the first few months of new expansions, and now we can't.

I do find having the items be single slot instead of the older ores to be very annoying, but the most annoying thing about this expansion is how small and trivial it is compared to prior ones.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I wouldn't call it trivial for everyone. Lots of folks find it just challenging enough to be enjoyable.

To each their own.