Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

If the loot would have went to alts people would have complained it is to early for alts to have loot. People always cry about something. Daybreak has had all day to deal with this and havent thus far. Anytime now would be nice
  2. Allayna Augur

Followed by some of the shortest?

Let's look at the most pure, least variables possible. The very first win, which ROI did take, BY LESS THAN 2 MINUTES.

There's no argument from MS. ROI outperformed us. It's not the argument that SR is making that we only beat them because we FFA'd loot.... or because the way ROI does loot etc...

Given the same opportunity. Same uptime on the event, getting in, engaging and beating it, ROI won that first check.

If you think this is some ill conceived way at more loot "so we can win" mentality, you don't know our guild. We got plastered drunk on our alts and beat the current content, it was cathartic and most had a good time seeing the raid from another perspective. Our loot rules just didn't change.

If DP changes that, we'll abide by it.
    Lianeb, Drags and German like this.
  3. enclee Augur

This non-issue shouldn’t even be on their radar. It’s only a topic because of 2 or 3 guilds.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. Qulas Augur

I did not lie.

We (and many others) got suspended for something that we were originally told was ok. I even double checked once the expansion launched to make sure that this was acceptable, and was told that is was fine. They changed their mind about the "ok-ness" of how tasks were working, and decided to suspended.

Had we been told this was NOT ok, we would have never done it.

To make this more clear, many people (both ROI and outside of ROI) were suspended for doing something that we were originally told was ok by doing something that has been around for as long as tasks had been around. Suspensions happened because people changed their minds about what was acceptable, not because we were purposely exploiting.

We did not purposely avoid lockouts to get our characters more raid loot.

So if the only circumstance you can come up with our 'exploiting' is us basically being mislead, than I am perfectly fine with that.
  5. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

I agree. Everything has to be a pissing match. Been like this for years.
  6. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

We did what we believe is ok by distributing loot the way we want to. So maybe we were mislead too? Oh no wait. Only what ROI says could be misleading and everyone who they think was not mislead are exploiting. If the loot lockout was made last patch then maybe. But a year now it should be working as intended. So why not give the devs your attitude. You seem to know everything
    Funky, Drags and Allayna like this.
  7. Cailen Augur

Really? if someone posted that here on the boards I would totally feel you had a valid point to *itch about it. But listening to our stream and us chattering? Don't listen if your gonna get butt hurt or be what's that word your other lame pally uses so much?????? oh yah if you're gonna be a snowflake. But yah we suck at loot and we take forever to do it.
    Pano likes this.
  8. Atvar Augur

The shortest was when Triality beat House of Thule expansion a day after RoI, a full decade ago.

Are you talking about the scripted Griknar even that is impossible to speed up?

Then why the hell did you do it, knowing full well the suspensions that went out for doing similar actions in the group game, let alone raid game? People got suspended getting extra group loot from cactusgate just 2 years ago. Being able to do the same thing with raid loot is different? It's not about what you did this past week, it's about the future implications if keys ever drop as raid loot.
  9. Lianeb Augur

Pssst win time for first raid doesn't include loot.
    Drags and Allayna like this.
  10. German Augur

I'd say doing cactus back to back over and over by dropping before opening the chest to not get a lockout to get all the runes, coins, etc. you can throw a stick at is nothing like doing what has worked since the first instance went in EQ.
    enclee likes this.
  11. Cailen Augur

ok I'll roll in the mud and argue with a pig. I never said in our stream or on this forum that the only reason MS beat us is because of loot. I merely stated yah we suck at loot and take forever to do it. Also no one in our stream said "you can bid even if you have a lock out." now go stroke your epeen over 4 minutes some more. and Psssst we beat you by a whole day with alts if you wanna be petty.
  12. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

13. German Augur

It was 4 minutes on the first one, so yeah, we're all getting worked up on who zoned faster, engaged faster and got a few extra laps shaved off the birdman? I'd call it a tie.
  14. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

I call it who gives a crap. Im comfortable with my . I dont need a video game to make it bigger
  15. Smallbody New Member

Think this is in reference to this:

If you can't even pay attention to a valid argument its no wonder RoI beat you guys on Griklor. Stroking your epeen at being better then everyone while missing emotes probably.
  16. Littlelegs Elder

This is not a productive area of discussion.
    Jondalar likes this.
  17. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Roi came in first because they came in first. I have friends in RoI i have people in RoI i dont like. I have never cared who comes in what place. ROI is usually number one. Been that way for a long time. They beat my guild by 18 minutes. Why? Probably cause they got some sick dps. Does not bother me one bit. My guild did very well. And thats all i care about. This whole thing has become a giant pissing match. Daybreak should never have taking away progression. That definetly has made it much worse then previous years. Last years expansion with the final raid being what it is really put who ranks what in this game. There was quite a few guilds all stuck on meratas before RoI beat it giving them their first place title once again. A title well deserved. Hardest raid event to beat is recent memory. Now this race is going to litteraly come down to who wins by a few minutes. Not really an achivement being number 1 this year for whoever gets it. As far as valling people and cheaters,exploiters etc its getting old and tiresome. If the davs come back and say that this was allowed how much would you like tk bet we wont recieve 1 apology? Probably accusations that we have inside connections or some sort of crap. No matter what happened or what will happen people always going to attack their competition this is they way things have been for 20 years..

Sorry for my grammer. I was born with looks. Not writing skills
    Funky and Zaray like this.
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I made the mistake of checking this thread before I went to bed, hopped up on medicine, but I feel like things are being conflated here. We talking about augs or chests?

If you kill the event, then add in a main with lockouts for chest loot, I don't see what the problem is so long as they didn't participate in the kill (adding them in BEFORE opening the chest should be impossible if its not).

If you kill the event, then start a new instance, kill 1 mob, then add everyone back in and are able to do the event and get another chest, that is a textbook exploit.

Anything you do to let you farm the instance for luck augs and TS components, I couldn't care less about, and the loot system of things only dropping in a raid instance is dumb anyway.

So what exactly are we talking about?

Oh, and we beat MS because we're better. With the raids being a joke, the difference will be razor thin, and maybe they can pull it out, who knows. But on balance, we're simply better. Its hard for a guild to "come from behind" in this game over years if the top one doesn't slip, in terms of recruiting the best players.
    Funky, Jimbob/Silvarfox and Allayna like this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm just glad we get to look forward to these threads every month of ToV instead of 1 big clump.
    Sheex, Funky, Goburs and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.