Raid lockup/crashes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bigstomp, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Can we please have our raids not crash/lock up. No, it's not me, it's an entire raid. It was locking up last week on event 2 (the rebirth) where i posted a thread about it. It's done it in grelliths palace. Now it's doing it in naggy short term content. Twice tonight it locked up fully on us.

I'm a software developer. I'd have been fired years ago if I turned out this garbage. Can we fix this please?
    You're not doing a whole lot to encourage me to join your new expansion and your new EQ next. I could hire a 10 year old, pay him a few popsicles and he'd likely turn out less buggy crap.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

Please look into this.
  3. Blurryd New Member

Definitely a problem when the raid instance locks up for 54 people. Surely this can be addressed.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I will not be preordering the new expansion until this is fixed. I know others like to claim more, but you'll only lose 5 accounts here. I assume others may follow though.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Any word? 4 times in the past week raids have locked up on us. It's not a specific raid or a specific tier.
    It's been T4, T2, naggy. Can our pre-orders pay for a competent dev to fix this stuff?
  6. Kelefane Augur

I wonder if this issue has something to do with ornaments. Yeah, sounds crazy. But remember, back during VoA, those "Sepulcher" ornaments from Marketplace were buggy and crashed raids randomly due to some sort of weird graphical error bug with them. A dev even confirmed this after a ton of player digging and trial and error. If you remember, I was telling the guild to take that ornament out and crashes ceased during raids like BD and Temple when they were very prominent prior.

It maybe a reach, but its not exactly unprecedented. Its just odd that some guilds crash and meanwhile, other guilds do not crash or even experience this. It makes me think its something that a certain player is doing or has.
  7. Kelefane Augur

To further add to the above, i'd tell the guild to strip all ornaments from their weapons and shields and then go a week and see if the crashes stop. That is honestly the first thing that comes to mind right now. It reminds me of that old ornament crash bug from VoA.

So if crashes do stop, then you have found your problem. It would mean that someone in the guild has an ornament (or an ornament combination) that is crashing the instances and/or randomly crashing various people all at the same time on raids.
  8. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

We tried to rule out pets and auras. Didn't work for us. However the raid had a few auras so /shrug. The head for first creation crashed people for months.