RAiD INSTANCING FOR LOCKJAW

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SIckboy, Nov 27, 2015.

1. MaestroM Augur

I'm not sure it matters what % of the population it is. If it only costs the developers 2-3 minutes to enable transfers, it should be relatively costless from DBG's perspective and it would keep more people playing. They could even charge for transfers and make some money.

Yeah. Kinda. But plat remains important to the game, and someone coming over from LJ with 100 kronos and no plat will probably end up buying quite a bit of plat and someone with 50 kronos and 1 million plat could use the plat to take advantage of some arbitrage opportunities. Maybe even liquidating half of their kronos to take advantage of the almost certain low-cost kronos on Phinny. For example. On live servers this summer, kronos went for several hundred thousand platinum, which took more than a few hours to farm. On RF/LJ, those same Kronos could be purchased for only a few hundred plat. I'm not sure what the current price is for a Krono, but even a few months ago it was only a few thousand. That amount of plat can easily be farmed in game at seafuries or any of the other popular plat farming locations. Allowing plat transfers would flood Phinny with plat in addition to the flood of kronos. Those who invested in a ton of Kronos early would profit, but newer players who couldn't horde kronos would quickly find themselves unable to purchase anything. Fortunately, with instancing, a player could just go get it themselves, but there will still be an economy that needs to be considered.
  2. Marthisdil Augur

Not only that, but then they word the vote questions stupidly and then interpret the data however they want, so your vote likely didn't matter anyways.
  3. tcgrxs New Member

why? they doctor almost all the votes to fit their needs.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

911 was an inside job
    the moon landing was faked
  5. Steampunk Augur

Half-right........
  6. Nolrog Augur

Then why bother with Phini at all. Just instance RF and LJ and be done with it. By the way, they already said no plans to do this; every server doesn't need to be the same.
  7. Jezzie Augur

They're leaving the 6 month unlock servers alone so we can have good ole "competition"
    The hardcores that thrive on "competition" are headed to the new instanced server.
    May as well instance the 6 month servers for the casuals that are left behind.
    Who does it hurt?
  8. Nostra Lorekeeper

I hope to see the bulk of the casuals over on Phinny Honestly, Nobody's forcing nobody to compete for open world mobs Jezzie so you can go at your own pace... Also, Roshen said they never going to raid instance RF/LJ too
  9. Jezzie Augur

If I believed that Phinny was going to be some sort of safe haven for casuals then I'd play there for sure.
    The bulk of the content will be open world and you will be forced to compete for mobs that drop anything deemed to be of value.
    That open world will still be dps race (killstealing) / wild west which means plenty of trains and killstealing (dps race).
    That will drive casuals from the server.
    I guess it's up to the individual if it's worth going through all the bs in open world for the opportunity to raid a couple of nights a week, for me it's not.

No M Q = Fantastic
    Instancing = Fantastic
    Largest competitive population of all TLPs with dps race brah ruleset = I'm out!

2nd server with no M Q / raid instancing / 6 month unlocks which hardcore show to have zero interest in = I'm back in!

My best option as a non box casual appears to be to stay where I am for now. The Lockjaw community is pretty cool for the most part. With 6 month unlocks and instancing it could be an attractive option for the casuals that are about to be driven off the new server.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Is someone saying there is no /pick instancing (load balancing) on Phin as that would be just be insane given the raid instancing.
  11. Darth Augur

When casuals can't finish the content in era, and let me assure you, casuals will not finish Sky before level 60, and will not get into VP and finish it before Velious they'll dip out anyway.

90 days isn't enough time for casuals to hit max level, gear up, and learn raids, without a 72 man raid force, on the new buffed targets.

Also VP key camping will be locked down by the more "hardcore" open world raid guilds.

My question is what about Sleeper's Tomb, can you still do the instance version if you wake him in the open world version?
  12. Rhodz Augur

People keep claiming casuals wont do this or will do that (do we have a union or something??) and I am unsure why because not much of it describes our actions to date.
    The ONLY thing that has ever caused us any concern were hacks and behavior that caused the game to cease to be any fun.
    Content in "era" has never ever been any problem in group content. Content in "near era" where things broaden does matter somewhat but even that's a fairly broad brush.
  13. Nostra Lorekeeper

Agreed Rhodz & @Darth it doesn't matter if your an expansion or 2 behind as a casual
  14. Darth Augur

This is the most untrue statement about this game ever made.

If casuals didn't care, we wouldn't have PA server coming. We wouldn't have had enforced rotations. And, we wouldn't have had multiple votes on both servers about the length of the expansion releases.

No one wants to be trying to clear VP when Luclin releases.
    Simone and Agrippa like this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

The title of this thread is in all capital letters, the exception of the "i" in Raid.

Obviously that is meant to imply that those who raid are part of the Illuminati...