Raid Idea to shake things up.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duhbeast, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Duhbeast Augur

How about the possibility of a few open world bosses again? Not having the entire expansion raiding focused on them, but maybe a slight step under the big bosses and have some contested content again! Maybe 3 or so in the expansion? I'm not going to act like it hasn't been suggested already, but I feel like it could be implemented in a way that could work. Have them really rare with a chance for a rare tradeable item maybe? Throw out your ideas or flame away. It could be a great way to stir up some competition! :cool:
    Syrup and Rafather like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Unfortunately those who are the top guilds on their server, have such a wide gap over the "almost as good" second tier guilds on their respective servers..

Its not even close, and I have been on an seen ALOT of the servers top guilds on alot of the servers personally, an seen the second best on those same servers.. I can tell you here an now, if the best on each server actively hunted those targets, no one else would get a shot period.
    Rcalielie and Fanra like this.
  3. Laronk Augur

Just look at the TLP servers and then at a server like xeg now imagine the forum posts.
  4. Duhbeast Augur

That's why it will be a small portion of the total raid bosses accessible. Like extra or bonus loot that isn't required to gear up a raid force. There would be good competition on Cazic Thule between the top 2 guilds, guaranteed.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

Right now, while I'm waiting to zone into Arx, I usually see the other top guilds gathered around waiting as well. Smiles, waves, maybe some mutual buffs, this is what I like. I don't want drama. I do like the idea in general though, some of my fondest memories were stumbling across an epic raid boss when I was a wee cleric. I'd rather see a big raid mob that takes more than one guild to tackle.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

My idea would be make raids harder, to the point that no guild on any server can down every raid every time .. or alternatively make soo many raids (again, no 1 raid guild on any server) can down them all fast enough for an entire clear .. (or alternatively) do both, make MORE raids, HARDER, then able to be successfully met / done by any 1 individual guild on any 1 individual server.
  7. Duhbeast Augur

That is a legit idea too. Make a world boss tough enough to take 100 people so that people from the server come together and take it down, pretty neat.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Gumby Augur

1 open world raid boss that is tuned to need at least 2 or 3 high end raid guilds to defeat would be fine, but creating a new boss to be a free kill to the top guild on the server is a pointless time investment.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Why Bother with Dev time to make and implement this or a guilds time to even attempt it?

Better invested time for smaller guilds would be scaled down raids for smaller numbers say 35 - 40 man raids. But still have a meaning and purpose. If the loot isn't needed to gear a raid force they will not do it or maybe just the one time.
  10. Raynrace Augur

100% against not instanced raids, see TLP for more drama than all soap operas put together. Not worth it at all.

If there is a boss thats so hard it takes the combination of more than 1 guild to beat, I think it would be a cool idea to test out, I would still prefer it to be an instance.

A full raid of 72 people mixing 2 guilds or a large guilds DKP and casual team.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

personally i think its a terrible idea, given the state of the game and its age, and position in life cycle. people think they like nostalgia, because nostalgia makes them feel all warm and fuzzy inside, until nostalgia hits them upside the head with ugly reality. having limited content that you have to race for, most of us grownups honestly have no desire to have to race for this crap anymore, imo, when you get down to the core of it. we've been there, we've done that, and if you truly want that experience again, have at it on TLP, which, ironically, was full of people screaming for instanced content for this exact reason, just proving the point that people think they like nostalgic things like this, but in reality, once the shiny novelty of the idea wears off, in my opinion, most of us dont really want it. when really great feature improvements and expansion content have to compete for precious dev time, producing more content that by definition less people will have access to just doesnt make sense to me.
    Imrahil, Spellfire and frankie78227 like this.
  12. Duhbeast Augur

I'm not referring to the key feature of the expansion. Would the problem really be the drama or would it be the dev resources? If it wouldn't take a lot of resources then it would be worth it to implement a small portion for an ancient creature open world in a few zones. Are there really players out there that would cry if they didn't get a shot at a small tier of the content? It's different with TLP because open world is ALL of their targets, do you get that?
  13. Syrup Augur

I made this thread a few months ago to introduce open world targets in the new expansion.

But the vocal majority on these forums are casual carl's, who literally start to seize up and foam at the mouth when faced with the idea of having to interact with anyone outside their guild, or put in a tiny bit of effort to gain loots that aren't instanced for them.
  14. Azzudien Augur

The idea to have something that would take multiple guilds to take down is a great idea. I don't think it should be a singular boss but something more like the old ring war in Great Divide.

For 16 years the dragons of norrath have been killed for their riches. Now they have banded together and are laying seige to (insert random home city).

What blast it would be to see once a month 15 or 20 dragons attacking a city in revenge and the server population having to battle them
  15. fortuneteller Augur

Something I would like would be that the reward of the raid, depends on the performance of the raiders.

As start, how many failed emotes.
    0 failed emotes 1 extra normal loot and 50% chance for extra loot thats rare drop, 1 extra spell
    1-5 failed emotes 1 extra normal loot, 1 extra spell
    6-10 failed emotes 1 extra spell

On burn mob.
    Mob dead within X min
    1 extra loot, 1 extra spell

Mob dead within X+2 min 1 extra loot

Mob dead within X+4 min 1 extra spell

And so on
  16. Makavien Augur

Basically the one off raids were supposed to try and mimic that one chance at a raid feeling that the old world zerg fest used to create for guilds and many many people complained about them. And not to mention that the old world race targets were pretty simple not counting Pop stuff. That stuff was so rough because most of our pcs and connections couldn't even handle loading that many characters back then. It would go a lot easier in today's eq.

I never liked rushing to a mob and having to train other guilds just to be able to experience content we all pay for. The only people right now that don't get to experience all the content in a given expansion are people who don't care to see all of the content.

Now the multiple guild raid idea I could go for as long as it was a random que. Most guilds on a given server have a little bit of hatred between each other making it put a certain amount of classes in each raid from a game wide que would get rid of this grudge problem and allow us to really challenge ourselves. But then how would they gauge who gets to randomly join without some kind of gear score ? Plus they have stated cross server grouping/raiding could never happen here.

I can just deal with people and get stuff done just like everyone else but that's not really fun to me its more of a forced teamwork thing . Kinda like the Mech Behemoth anniversary raid people that were not in the top guild on our server were training and ksing and doing whatever they could to to get them one npc asap . And the Behemoth took forever to kill . I think we were there all day before raids and as the raid and till the wee hours in the morning and maybe even the next day. On some servers I am sure it would be alright just like the whole plane of war thing but on other servers it would be a terrible drama starter.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

OR .. how about a "Hyrbid" raid idea ?

Have all "progression" raids be instanced (for guilds only) thus preserving "ranking" of guilds per server (Everyone wants that)

And then leave the "Boss" raid as a Static, none instanced raid in which takes double .. the standard Raid force to down ? (thus making two guilds worth of raiders work together)

How about THEM .. ^ ^ Apples? ?
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

100+ people in one spot... just imagine the lag and rethink that. :)
  19. Whulfgar Augur

I get zero lag anymore once I took stupid a$$ "bluestacks" off the windows 8 OS.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't either. Stack 100 people in one zone, all in one area and it's a whole other ball game. You'd also have a bunch of other people all around the zone just adding to the lag... It wouldn't work well.