Raid Currency

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Sep 12, 2019.

1. jiri_ Augur

I'm not anywhere where this affects me, but it seems like a fairly logical request.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I posted some questions on this & related topics in the AMA thread, hopefully that will at least get some developer eyeballs on the topic.
  3. RainbowCane Elder

I did the same Skuz
    Skuz likes this.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I have a feeling we will be hearing some good news soon...
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I hope your feelings are Jedi-like in their precognitive powers.
  6. RainbowCane Elder

He's referring to Ngreth doubling / tripling currency to be in line with the increased key drops. Which goes live with the next patch (allegedly).
    blackninja likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Then I shall be paying very close attention to the next set of test server patch notes (which I tend to do anyway). :D
  8. That0neguy Augur

Do you have anything to back this up? I don't recall seeing a post to even hint that this was a possibility.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We have a game update scheduled for April 15th & patch notes for it should appear a week ish before hand, that will be the first time we see anything official, provided this makes it into the patch in time.
  10. That0neguy Augur

You could have just said no then.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes

(note to self: when responding to That0neguy use as few words as is humanly possible)
    Nolrog likes this.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

So, from the information that I have, (which is limited mind you) once it is patched all currency awarded from VoA forward will be doubled. Once 3 months has passed since an event launched on a server, those raids will award 3x (triple) the amount of currency being awarded now. Finally, once a raid has been out for 6 months on a server, those raids will award 4x (quadruple) the current amount of currency.

I am very happy with this change and hope to see it implemented in the next patch. I do not know how big of an influence this thread was in getting this much needed change, but I thank everyone for their feedback (positive AND negative) and I am glad we could affect this change for Selo and all other servers that make it as far as Phinny has.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Oh I see what you are talking about now. Can't find the exact post but I don't remember currency being mentioned. Also it doesn't affect anything till 3mo or longer from when an xpac has launched. How do you think that will benefit Selo? They will be 2+ xpac past it and doubt anyone will care about flags or currency at that point. For other servers they will be launching the next xpac or 4weeks into it depending on if its 2mo or 3mo xpac. Not sure an increase in flags or currency would do anygood for them either.
  14. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

The information that I have suggests that it will be doubled. After 3 months it will be triple value, and after 6 months it will be quadruple value. how does double currency not help selo? You will get double the amount of currency when VoA launches on Selo. Thats 2x as much as we got on Phinny, and thats a lot.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. That0neguy Augur

I can't find the post from the dev's for the life of me. If its doubled off the bat sure. But I was pretty sure they didn't say that. It foucsed on the 3mo and 6mo increases.
  16. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Key drops for UF+ were doubled on launch. This change to currency is going into effect to be more in line with the doubled keys. It stands to reason that if we get double keys on launch, once the patch happens, we will get double currency on launch. I cannot cite a source since most of the info I have is second-hand info relayed to me pertaining to a DM between a dev and a guild member.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thank you devs!

When the notes are posted they will be found >> here.<<

From Test server news window:

Raid events from Veil of Alaris and later will now grant more currency after they have been open for 3, 6 & 9 months on LIVE servers.

On Progression servers these events will grant more currency as soon as the expansion unlocks, and add additional bonuses after each of the next two expansions unlock or at 3 month intervals, which ever is faster.

So we should after the April 15th Patch on Phinny see:
    2x TDS Raid Currency
    3x CoTF Raid Currency
    4x RoF - VoA Raid Currency
  18. forum troll Elder

I Concurr
  19. RainbowCane Elder

I told you good things were coming :p

So little faith :)
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is a great long term change for TLP in particular but for the game in general & I think it's really nice to see that the live servers will actually gain a benefit too, as another poster said how much influence the discussion in this thread had is unknown but I can't imagine it was zero.