Raid Currency

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Machen New Member

There isn't going to be a lack of raid gear because of raid currency. Raid currency was never a significant source of raid gear, it let people get that one or two pieces that just never dropped but the vast majority of gear comes the same way as always.
  2. Aueman Journeyman

Ehh - in RoF i've gotten 7 pieces of gear from currency. That is pretty significant for me.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On Phinny RoF isn't really the concern, CoTF onwards is.

For Selos raid currencies will be significantly less helpful than on any other server, an increase on Phinny & a proportionate increase on Selos to suit is really just about retaining the utility of Raid currencies to more closely resemble their benefit to live servers, without changes to the amounts or alternatively the costs of items using them then TLP servers with accelerated unlocks simply will not get as much benefit from them as live servers did & that is pretty unfair.

I'll refer you to an earlier post that explains it pretty well.

4. Machen New Member

So then they've already given the OP what he asked for. Problem solved. It defintiely wasn't that way even the last time through RoF on the TLP's.

Edit--unless the "gear" you are referring to is the Ethernere tainted stuff that lets you grab old expansion augs/gear from raid currency.
  5. Numiko Augur

errm, isn't Ethernere tainted CoTF? that's next expansion :oops:
  6. RainbowCane Elder

@Machen, the problem for Phinny is not in VoA or RoF, it begins in CotF and carries forward til live.

For Selos, on the other hand, their ability to use Raid Currency, even in VoA and RoF will be extremely limited. In CotF -> they will not earn enough in era to obtain any items.

Considerations on this issue need to be forward looking. We are bringing to a light an upcoming problem, with the hopes that it leaves plenty of time to address it.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

I'm familiar. I'm one of probably less than a hundred players that ever actually used raid currency to buy gear in CoTF or TDS on a progression server.

It's not the problem you guys think it is, except for Selo, but they have bigger problems than lack of raid currency.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This isn't about fixing a problem, it's about TLP providing a comparable play experience & about offering fairness of opportunities.

If one set of players got melons & grapes provided to them while another set of players get dry flavourless crackers & then get told to like those crackers because they don't need those nice juicy melons & grapes you are going to have quite a lot of rightfully unhappy players, even if you personally happen to enjoy dry flavourless crackers you cannot reasonably demand everyone must.
  9. Machen New Member

But the TLP's do NOT and never have tried to provide a comparable playing experience, or fairness of opportunity. That isn't the aim, or we'd have each expansion lasting a year.
    That0neguy likes this.
  10. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I think you underestimate what percentage of raid gear comes from raid currency currently on TLPs who have reached this era. I can only assume this is because you no longer play on a TLP that has raid currency.

When you have ample time to farm raids for gear, yes, I would be inclined to agree with you that most gear comes from drops. This is not Fippy though. We are done and moving on to the next era much faster. When you are blasting through eras in 2-3 months however, a bigger percentage of your gear MUST come from currency. In fact most people in top tier raid guilds would not fully gear out in era were it not for Raid currency.

I respect your opinion here Machen, but I don't think you have any idea what things are like on a TLP like Phinigel since you no longer play there and the game-play is drastically different than Fippy was when you played there.

I guess I once again have to call into question why you are so vehemently against an idea like this, when there is almost zero chance of it impacting you negatively on a personal level. I can only assume that, once again, you are enjoying the role of contrarian with little to no basis other than "This is how things have been, this is how they should remain". Which I am sure I do not need to tell you is a piss-poor excuse and one that exposes your lack of a better argument.

Multiple other people in this thread have submitted empirical data and numbers as evidence that this is going to become an issue in the future, and instead of backing your claims with evidence to the contrary, you basically say "Bah! Back in my day on Fippy, we didn't have no blasted extra currency and things were fine!" There were a lot of things wrong with Fippy that could have been done better. Citing it as an example of how modern TLP should operate is flawed thinking, as evidenced by its status as a completely dead server. I do not wish to see Phinigel follow in Fippy's footsteps in any way, shape or form.

So please, if you have an argument, backed by evidence, as to why currency values - either in amount rewarded or the price on a vendor - should not change, I invite you to present it here because like I said, I do value your opinion. But if you are going to be sidetracked by other tangential issues and form an opinion based on feelings and not facts, then maybe it would be best to just not comment.

I expect better of you, and you should expect better of yourself.
    Froger and Skuz like this.
  11. RainbowCane Elder

12. RainbowCane Elder

Keeping this on the front page until we get some Dev attention. Please drop a like on the topic.
  13. Nolrog Augur

But how many progression servers had decent raid populations going into those? The last one I played on (Fippy) was in bad shape long before CotF.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I cannot speak for past or future TLP but as of Right now on Phinigel on the cusp of unlocking CoTF with RoF as the current expansion unlocked there are 4 active raiding guilds 3 USA & 1 Euro which have all cleared that content in-era still & all to my knowledge have decent numbers, my own guild fields 45-54 players and has no need to use boxes currently.

https://phinnyprogress.com/
  15. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Phinigel is the healthiest TLP to date with guilds clearing content. By this time, on Fippy we (Citizen) were the only ones left on the server since early HoT. 4 guilds actively clearing all the content each with unique histories this late into the server is incredible!

As for currencies, I have not seen an issue in content to the current expansion (RoF), COTF it looks like we'll pull about 1500 Medals of Heroism potentially in 2 months. We did not farm the second tier much, I think it was 20 fists per encounter? That'd be a potential of 800-900 in 2 months, factoring in the extra week or so for the unlock.

TDS is another beast -- it looks like it'll be around 1000 crystals for a guild that clears everything, including one offs, for 15 or so clears. Factoring two weeks for progression changes (which are hopefully made, otherwise, it will be months) This is really low in comparison to the other expansions, and I'd definitely recommend boosting this one.
    Froger, Silver-Crow and Skuz like this.
  16. RainbowCane Elder

tick tock and you don't stop
  17. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

So I would like to amend something I have stated previously in this thread. I was wrong about the amount of T1 currency that could be obtained in COTF. After doing some testing of the COTF raids recently, I have learned that the T1b raids (from the Hate Rising part of the expansion) give 20 currency each upon completion. This means that the T1 chase item will indeed be able to be obtained in era.

Once the T1b raids are active on Phinny, raiders will be able to obtain 120 T1 currency per 5 day lockout cycle, 40 from the 4 T1 raids which award 10 currency each, and 80 from the 4 T1b raids which award 20 currency each. This is good news.

After having completed a T2 raid last night on test I can confirm that it is only 10 Fists of Bayle per T2 encounter, which is why we need this change. Thats a maximum of 360 Fists of Bayle before TDS launches.

Also, according to my math, 8 weeks of T1 content and 7 weeks of T1b content will give about 1160 T1 currency (10 currency x 4 raids cleared 11 times and 20 currency x 4 raids cleared 9 times)

I still remain adamant that the values of currency need to be increased across the board to 20 per encounter, or that the price of items on the vendor be reduced by half in order to facilitate more options in how the currency is spent, especially during the 2 month expansions. The situation looks pretty dire in TBS with how the raids are structured and the fact that each item costs over 300 currency, leading me to believe that only one item will be able to be purchased from a raid vendor during this era.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I still think it makes sense to go back across all raids that are not the two most current live expansions and double the currency awarded for all of them.

We really aren’t talking about a huge number of raids. Maybe 10-15 per expansion.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I just realized that 1160 T1 currency is still 40 currency shy of being able to purchase the Bloodstained Shoulders. This is unacceptable and needs to be changed.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

Yes. It is completely unacceptable that raiders will have to clear T1 an extra time after TDS launches for the entire raid to get an item that is pretty close to best in slot during TDS. Everyone should be given the single best T1 item available in 8 weeks rather than 9 weeks.

This outrage is exactly why I oppose them making any changes. You don't need this. You want it, but you don't need it.